Spiders - of some kind? IDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiders - of some kind? IDK

Anyone know of spider's? They're a lot bigger than spider mites - can be seen by naked eye. Up close with a loupe they are much uglier. Not aphids. Spiders of some kind.

Guess we weren't paying enough attention to our plants. I do get lazy at times and not even look at them for a few days after watering. So just proves again that most of my plant problems are caused by the grower.

So the spider mites get resolved by spraying with alcohol mixed with 9 parts waters. Which we did and after taking them back outside and looking through the loupe I saw no creepy crawlers.

Had to take them outside - sprayed them in the shower and didn't realize how intense the smell of the alcohol is - almost gassed my wife off the toilet.

Buds are not being harmed - they are big and growing and the trichomes are on the cloudy side.

Following pics show the progression of what happens to a number of leaves - first it looks like white powdery mold or spider mite damage - then it progresses through to the third pic - where it looks like a magnesium/calcium deficiency - which was how I was treating it.

Any help is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	841.3 KB
ID:	539245Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1236.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	804.1 KB
ID:	539246Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1237.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	690.7 KB
ID:	539247

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

I dunno Canuk but lately last of this season of getting very close to harvest found my first worm in a bud rot site. It's a extra stinky stick indica hybred none on my others. So keep a close eye on it, i ripped apart a bud an found it.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Looks like my experience with what I thought to be thrips.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Just checked on thrips Gingerbeard - looks close but I forgot to add that I saw webbing with my loupe - so - me thinks spiders of some kind. Not too worried cuz I'm planning on closing down the tent for the winter. After this harvest of course. Can still get Pink Kush by the ounce for $80.00.
        Only thing I've done different with this grow is a new light.
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Well then they're from outer space Canuck147. Send an IM to Musk. He'll know. That's the only thing you can do.

But seriously. You said you sprayed and got rid of the SM's. Can you tell if the webs are new or might they be from your last SM bout? When I spray a plant, I give it a good bit of pressure to blow off what I can. Maybe your bugs have nothing to do with the webs?

I have less than usual to do, at the moment. The outside of my building is being painted. They're up to me. My front door is taped off so I won't be able to go out for a while. In the mean time, we're going to figure this out because the amount of stuff I have so little to do, gives me extra time to pitch in.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Murder hornets???

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes those big buggers imported from the far east - that's why I keep my epipen up to date. Officials found a colony with over 6000 of them

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm unable to say anything about that. Maybe... damshit!

Okay - next day the girls show no signs of not liking the alcohol spray - using my loupe I took a long look at a few buds and NO creepy crawlers moving about. Yesterday they were easy to see - 4 or 5 moving around made it easy to see them. But not today - I think I watched one for a few moments and it was not moving - think I even found a cocoon of some kind with half a dozen eggs in it - so I destroyed it.

Name:	IMG_1238.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	816.2 KB
ID:	539429Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1239.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	539430Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1240.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	731.6 KB
ID:	539431Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1241.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	539432Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1242.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	786.1 KB
ID:	539433Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1243.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	1,007.9 KB
ID:	539434
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I'm voting for moth. You are way far away from me. I get the occasional two or three moths flying around my place. No plants growing. Might need to watch out for that.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Thanks for trying to help Gingerbeard - seems nobody else will .

Used to have lots of help on this forum - not anymore

Anybody know of a forum that actual people respond to questions?
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Patience, friend. I don't have the answer. Maybe no one else does.
                I wanted to mention the first three pictures. I am unfamiliar with bud rot beyond this forum. The first three pictures look like what I've seen.

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not bud rot - just ugly leaves - buds are great starting to see my favorite redhead - Amber

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                There should be an 'Ugly Bud' thread Canuck147 .

The first 3 pics you posted in post #6 look exactly like 2 of my plants in my last harvest. Only thing I could find was that I had super low PH on the soil. I scoped my buds a bunch of times, no bugs. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why they went south the way they did.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I wish I could give you advise but 1 1/2 grows under my belt, I don't know much. The white stuff looks like paint over spray? The rust spots? I had a couple leaves that had half of one blade rust and the other half was fine. Got tired of looking and guessing so I cut it off. I've had a couple questions that gets 0 responses, thought I might have pissed everyone off. But I just keep on keepin on. Your buds do have some ugly leaves, but I bet they will be beautiful bald.
                DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
                TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
                Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
                10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
                50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
                8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
                2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
                w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
                2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
                2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
                GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
                Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
                . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
                Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Name:	0zGa1KBxOO6Eq0jMG4t5JVtfcNWEwYAJNWY3tzWnb6E.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	539898Click image for larger version

Name:	diablo-nickel-black-grip_65.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	539897Canuck147 The plants I have going now, Bubba Kush and GDP 3rd or 4th gen clones, have the same leaf issue. I don't know why, no critters, good ph, around 80 F., 12-12, low rh tho 35-40 The hairs are not yet brown like yours but i'm getting tired of looking at em. I chopped the worst of them,gave it a good shake in the tent and most of the dried/dead leaves jumped right off,easiest trim job ever. Oh well. Sorry I couldn't help with your problem, at least you're not alone. I did find a unique way to handle the Murder hornet issue. google "Dragons Breath".Oh and they make a really cool applicator.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sometimes like you say there is no clear answer for every issue. But those buds look fabo Canuck147 it's hard to look at when most the time the grows are dialed in a working like blindfolded. I hope you have a better leaf outcome next run. Imma gunna get me one of them thar flame throwers PRIMO

Few more days left until harvest and I noticed some webbing on a couple of buds - loupe looking I spotted a few crawlers plus lots of dead ones - too late to spray again so I got a nice soft paint brush and gave the buds - spiders - webbing a brush off. Not really afraid of losing trichomes as they are difficult to remove - unless your really trying to.
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Is there anyway you can take a picture through your loupe? The damage you have in the first few pics looks like good Ole spider mite damage. If I'm really looking for spider mites I can spot them without magnification but not super clearly. Makes me wonder what these guys are...
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Phlash
                      Phlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree with what you’re saying about the leaf damage made by mites, perhaps the plant has both mites and spiders

• Canuck147
                      Canuck147 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not spider mites - can see them without the loupe - and they're not in the soil.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X