They are cannibals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are cannibals

These damn bud borers/ bud worms /caterpillars are starting to do some real damage. Before sunrise I find most of them. 2 kinds so far. A green caterpillar thing and an inch worm. Most of the inch worms I find already dead sucked dry by something while in bud. The green ones I find inside and out. They are much bigger and are caterpillar like. When I pick them off buds I can feel them chewing on my fingers. I put them in a glass jar with lid on tight. The next morning there is always just one remaining. They must be carnivorous. I find many of these sucked dry or partially eaten also. Something is helping me out. Next year I am going to get on Arbico moth program in July and Aug.

I found a tiny tiny worm in a top bud with a brown spot yesterday. Went to pull out the brown came very easy then disected the inside an there it was i mean it was thin as pencil lead same color. Not green worms in mine this year. So something tiny moth layed into these plant during the night. Got me kinda bothered cause it's raining an they are under a carport it's darker but good air flow. It's only on the sticky icky peanut butter breath which could be done in less than 2wks. i'm not gonna wait for as much amber as i would like if i get more rot do to enviornments. She's all cloudy but wanted her to fill out more. She should not be racy which i hate but could be not as potent as i wanted.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Sorry to hear that desert why I grow inside.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Opinion on BT? I've put a couple of applications on mine, and the few worms I've found have been discolored and dying. Last years, I didn't see worms until just before harvest. This year, I started spotting them in August.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X