Spider Mites in flowering stage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider Mites in flowering stage.

I found a few spider mites on the underside of a few leaves on one of my clones this evening. Everything is pretty far along in flowering, so I was wanting to solicit a few ideas on best course of treatment. I checked about 20 more blades and only found 2 more infected leaves (no webs at this point). Any proven ideas?

I've used 2tsp apple cider vinegar to one quart water. Spray once a day. Shake off excess after a minute or so. Keep circulation going. Last week of flowering, spray once with water and circulate. Get rid of the excess water. Don't let the leaves stay wet.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. You can use H2O2 as well. Together or on it's own for different things.

• soonboomer
      soonboomer commented
      Editing a comment
      I always heard you don't want to mix vinegar and H2O2. Makes some kind of caustic acid. Maybe?

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Vinegar is a caustic acid. That's why bugs don't like it. H2O2, as far as I know, is more for mold and mildew.
      I've used a similar vinegar and H2O2 solution for cleaning itchy dog ears.

Spider mites are easy to get rid of. There are tons of companies that sell predatory mites. Just Google " predatory mites for spider mites ". All you do is sprinkle them on and walk away. Once all the mites, eggs and larva are gone the predatory mites dies off. Easy peasy.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Ladybugs would be good as well.
      For a spray I use ISO 50/50 with water (can be as little as 1 part ISO to 8 parts water). Spray every 3 days for 3 treatments. This kills adults but not eggs, rosemary oil kills the eggs but I dont use that.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X