Need Help Bugs? Rot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Bugs? Rot?

First time grower here. Growing out the one seed that sprouted out of my decade+ old bagseed stash. I am in week 8 of flower, just flushed three days ago, and I noticed some leaves turning black. I pulled them out and some rotted looking bud came out. I quickly cut the whole Bud off ( no damage in cut stem) when disecting the bud I found a white oblong fuzzy thing that looks like an egg case. After closer inspection I found 3 more buds with the same issue. All had the offending white thing inside. I was growing outdoors but lately it's been cooler and damp, so suspecting bud rod I moved here inside and put a fan on her. I don't see any more problem areas, yet. I ordered Trifecta Crop Control overnight, hopefully that helps. I was wondering if anyone can tell me for certain what this is? Bud rot, or some type of bug? And is any of it going to be salvageable, or is it a total loss?

I don't know what the white thing is but what are all the round brown things on that little bud? Looks like the blurry white thing has it too.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

It's blurry when enlarged but sure looks buggy infested
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Sounds like the fuzzy white thing is a cocoon (have you dissected it?), I am fighting Eurasian hemp borers (orange worm small brown moth). I am pinching off any and all damage, killing the grub and burning whats left (not smoking, but in a fire pit). This fall burn all limbs and stems so these bastards cant winter in them.

Comment

So today working in my garden I noticed the same sort of things in my basil plant except they were not fuzzy and there was a large caterpillar in the basil. I am thinking what happened is something laid an egg sack in a Bud, it hatched the little nasties got stuck in the resin died and caused a little spot of rot. The rest of my plant looks okay minus the four buds that I had to remove... Does this sound feasible to anyone else?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            My regular garden blight has always been the tomatoe horn worm. They're easy to find if you follow the little black dot poopies.

I did a serious google for 'bore worms.' This came up. May or may not be helpful.

The Bore Worms - YouTube

There's lots of the Eurasian hemp borer moths in this forum. Google those moths, McAzOle and compare the damage and larvae.
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Flash... Ahhhahhh

Comment

There is no Flash Gordon Haze. It needs to be a Sativa.
              αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

It was seriously the weirdest thing and after 3 days of googling every insect and egg in the world they look mostly like some sort of wasp egg.. and I did have mud wasps buzzing around my girl... So I don't know if they got confused and laid a couple eggs in a couple buds and the eggs died in the bud and the excess humidity and decaying organic matter gave a little spot to start rotting inside the bud.. last night I did take one of the egg sacks and dissect it and inside was a decayed larvae.. I am just so happy it is not Bud rot...

Comment

But left it can lead to bud rot, keep an eye on her.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X