severe yellowing during flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

severe yellowing during flowering

Hi. Another grow in process and poor girls stressed by my mistakes. The photo shows a Super Mega Jackpot in a 2 gallon pot filled with bottom 2/3 of my homemade super soil and top normal potting soil. The yellowing has been getting worse for two weeks and i havent been able to stop it. The original plan this grow was to flower the plants after only 3 weeks, and with 3 of them in 5 gallon pots, one in a 2 gallon and 3 in 3 gallon. then see if they make it, adding supplementary nutrients if needed.
    A comedy of errors. i had to leave town for a couple of weeks right after planting the seedlings. my wife was going to switch timer at 3 week and I would hopefully get small harvest of an ounce or so of each at least. Wife sent photos as the time got close, and i thought they were too small so delayed them to 4 weeks, when i got home. they endede up way bigger than desired.
    the 3 in the 5 gallon pots are all looking nice, and have had nothing dome to them - and based on last grows, i expect they will make it all the way.
    All have been on 12 12 lighting since Aug 10 = 6 weeks
    Little ones = the challenge
    N2 yellowing of leaves really bad in 2 gallon and lesser in the 3 gallon. , caused somewhat i think by the soil ph being really high as well as running out of juice 9in the soil. PH water at 5.3 gives runoff of 6.4 . applied worm casting tea , some bunny poop and copost top dressing, which slowed the yellowing down but not stopped.
    Adding to the stress is that one of the seeds from a friend went hermie, so I have seeds on each of the small pot plants - which i believe uses mor N2 than flowers - so even worse.
    i think each of the small ones is withing 2 weeks of finishing and maybe less. i read that seeding should lead to earlier ripening.

QUESTIONS
    1- IS IT TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING TO THESE PLANTS?
    2 if so, any suggestions as to what to try?
    3 yellowing is basically consuming fan leaves now and will soon get to the buds - SHOULD I HARVEST BEFORE THE YELLOWING GETS TO THE BUDS?

I will preface by saying I wont be bothering with anything too much effort at this point, since the harvest will already be somewhat seedy and small for these. I want, but do not need the product. The ones that are hurting are the Super Mega Jackpot in 3 gallon, a Kushy Kush in a 3 gallon and a Zkittles Glue in a 3 gallon.

regardles, experiment indicates i will not bother with super soil grows under 5 gallon.
    And - i have learned that seeds from one friend AT LEAST should be avoided.

Cheers folks.

A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Hey Bootsy . In a nutshell, you're good. Fans will often discolor and fall off during late flowering. Just like trees do in the autumn. If you continue to grow, it will happen again. It's all down to your plant using it's last bit of nutrition to make buds instead of leaves.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

LOL@Bootsy 2 of my outdoor are doing the same yellow like banana peel, few weeks to go maybe more do to lack of direct sun anyway my GG#4 is a mag piggy and so is another. Buds are full and getting firmer just leaf not looking good. I'm letting them go like you not worrying about it, getting close. I laughed cause of the " friend seed " comment. Take it easy
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Buds look nice. I like your golf ball plant risers.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X