Bud rot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud rot

I hope this is a discussion ,It seems this year in New England its been a tough year for Bud rot ,I deal with it by cutting it off with a few guide lines If the rot is in the top bud and one further down its in the stem and i take the stem if a bud is not showing any rot on that stem then I harvest and dry it to smoke it its just a little on a bud I cut that bud off, Ive tried cutting the rot off and leaving the rest of the bud but its back the next day . so I cut it off .
    Theirs lots more but we are packing for a weekend Disney cruise with 2 of our grand kids, so I leave it for the weekend and talk to you on Tuesday all input is welcome
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Enjoy your cruise, OJH!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Yeah, it’s definitely been rather soggy here in N.E. got the plants into the ground late with everything going on so they’re not huge. Needed to keep them low to the ground, so for the most part their fairly horizontal. In hindsight I think it’s been a benefit as it seems to allow decent aeration. Then with the latest round of tropical aftermaths that came thru went in and lollipoped them all, so trimmed pretty much everything that wasn’t part of the bud site.

Every morning and after every rain I go out and give em a quick shake to get rid of any standing water. So far it’s working, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll make it to harvest time. The yield will be impacted but I’d rather have a slice of pie than no pie at all. Good luck, have a great trip.

update: well it figures, with another overnight of rain, this morning was greeted by an off color leaf protruding from a bud, sure enough it was just starting, tore out the portion of bud and will probably pull all the in ground plants later today as it looks like just more rain for the next couple of days.
      Last edited by Phlash; 09-23-2021, 09:17 AM.
      Soil - NFTG, recycled & amended.
      Nutes - NFTG - modified regiment, SLA-100, Photo +, Mammoth
      Veg - 4x4 tent, TSW2000, TSW1000 6”vent
      Flower - 4x4 tent, TS3000W, TSW1000 6”vent
      Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

I'm in the northeast also. Lost all outdoor plants except for the first 2 which were started indoors, and the 2 auto clones that had to be cut early to save them. The rest I gave up on. Cut this one back until there was <50% left, then let it go just to see what would happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BUD ROT EXTREMEA.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	992.4 KB
ID:	538299

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Phlash
          Phlash commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s almost heartbreaking, you nurture them from a sprout while the entire time the world is plotting to get them, now you know how conspiracy theories begin... sorry for the loss

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Its just a learning experience. I will concentrate on the indoor cultivation in the future.

Sorry all I started a discussion then disappeared .its been a busy week. In my experience if you can catch it early enough you can cut out small bits of rot (I mean a whole bud) I will cut it off then salvage as much as I can with out touching the rot . but if you have a top bud and a bud say halfway down the stem then its in the stem and only a matter of time until its all gone your better off cutting the whole stem off then salvaging the buds that dont have rot on them , my friend has not trimmed his plants at all and hardly watered them and he has had very little rot we just found some yesterday
        My plants are covered and I still have rot so keeping them covered doesn't always work. every morning I will go out and shake my girls and check for rot cut off what I have to and hope for the best .I will say that I am getting to the point where I will take a plant early thats having issues with rot as long as the trics are cloudy it will get you high ,and its better to have some bud rater than loose the whole plant
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I do the same oldjarhead100 this summer grow is most importaint for me, i take all that's healthy and toss the rest. I got one problem plant right now been picking out the rot but it's caused by a moth worm. I've not looked yet at her waiting for sun to hit it. Yes she's all cloudy i trimmed off all the fans and secondary leaf most what's left are suger leaf. I even gave her a drink last evening as i felt bad looking at her limpy. Trying to stress her to quit ( i don't recommend this to newbies with low tolerance for problems ) I've cut a few branches also, making her push. Some think it's harsh but i'm also a ex hunter so i eat meat. HST is not a bad thing if done correctly.
          The one in the outdoor greenhouse is growing fat colas like crazy and the high stress training breaking the branches as long as you cover it till heals then it's great way to kick them into high gear. This is what we do in our area, this is how i was shown by old gurus of weed.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had 3 Limpin Louies that I took because of rot only to find caterpillars digging in the buds, ive also noticed that the buds in green house are smaller than those outside, I think I will switch to a clear top instead of the green one

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X