Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Mixed Grow 2021

A confession and a plea -

I'm a girl, I'm good at math, I can read, comprehend, analyze, follow directions, and I'm a visual learner with a photographic memory. I can grow marijuana but I'm still trying to learn the training part. When I first posted here I had 3 indica photos growing that would've flowered into my attic if not for the selfless, expert advice and mentoring of Mr.furley I'm forever grateful for the plentiful harvest I was able to achieve with his guidance. He showed me where to top, I topped them. I did LST, supercropped, broke and mended a couple of branches, but I sucked at defoliating the jungle.

I decided to grow autos this summer, to learn from the starting gate. I got the short end of the stick, the shortest, finished-growing plant that I've seen on the site so far. What I learned is that autos might not be my jam.

Now here I am, growing a sativa and three White Widow Fasts in the same closet. I need to add soil/perlite to make up for watering/shrinkage, np. I've topped two plants, another needs topping, the 4th wants to grow sideways. I'm trying to keep a level canopy and flip to 12's as soon as possible because of the sativa. I plan to use tension rods on each end of the closet to clip fans onto, only things on the floor will be the 4 bags and a mini humidifier. I have a lesser-quality full spectrum light to hang on one end for full coverage. I have only used plant hooks so far to start some training, I want to put on the safety pins and get out the spool of twisty ties tomorrow. WW2 & WW3 were started in Solo cups, WW2 grew taller. I'm not sure which of 2 nodes would be best to top her. I've never laid down a plant to train before but I've seen beautiful outcomes from growers here who have. Help? I know that leaves growing toward the soil get removed, I'm not sure how much to take off at a time and does that go for growth sites also or will they find the light and grow upward?

I'll post pics of each plant below, taken at 7 pm Saturday. I am totally open to advice, criticism, ideas and questions if anyone has the time or generosity to guide/teach me what I haven't been able to figure out by extensive reading. I suck at defoliating, they're growing well and looking good, I don't want to mess it up now. Please and thank you.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Keep doing what you are doing they look great. Maybe before the switch you should top your WT girl since she's a sativa dominant. Remember they stretched faster, taller than indicas.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did top but I probably should have gone lower on WT. A leaf is blocking the cut stem in the pic above. I want to flip as soon as I can. That's my pain medicine, they aren't growing it here anymore so I Have to do it. I baby it, I'm not looking for a monster plant just some medicine. I know people who work at the dispo who want Wild Thai but the growers are crossing it, citing mold issues. They've been saying that for three years now. South Beach - it has gotten me to sleep fast 3 nights in a row. Those are seeds I want next if available.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Here Puglover1 what WOS has to say about Wild Thai : "This is a cannabis plant with very high THC content. Highly valued by Asian growers for production and resistance to pests. Its powerful Sativa genetic and sweet taste, you will travel to the heart of Bangkok. THC Level: 22.3% measured upon the rest of cannabinoids.(taking an account THCV too), 9.7 % measured upon the rest of organic substances belonging to buds like: aminoacids, sugars, terpenoids, vegetal hormones, and cannabinoids (determined by gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry)."

Reason why I like to grow SE Asian strains. You know, the Kali type non ? Kali for me is the "narcotic" kind of medicinal.Similar to Thai Stick of the late 70"s. Yeah kinda remind me when I met for the very first time Miss "white opium dry crystal in Hash". Very "hallucinatic" ok not a word, you know what I mean !! Kinda of hallucinogens types of medicinal.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-19-2021, 07:47 PM.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck I don't know much about Kali but you make it sound very inviting. I use Wild Thai when my knee pain ramps up fast and hard, it helps within 10-15 minutes. I've never really evaluated its high, I hoarded it for breakthrough pain only. Hopefully I can have enough to do both in the future. If I grew a clone and forced flower would I get some medicine to use sooner? If I could've predicted my auto disaster I would've started WT in March, even if I had to buy a portable AC.

I haven't had a hallucinogen in decades but I liked chocolate mescaline over mushrooms or acid. And I preferred dry 'shrooms over wet, I'd cut up the dry ones and swallow them. The smell reminded me of stinky socks but I sure enjoyed the laughs. Actually, I liked Quaaludes over any other buzz. Happy pills, someone I strongly disliked could walk into the pub and I'd say Hello to them, lol. And it was respected, we only drank fine wine with 'Ludes, no hard liquor.

Seedsman had good to say about WT, and that it can be flipped to flower early. That's why I want to get the WWs growing right, no delays. If they're genetics are good and they flower fast it should work out OK. Says the person whose next tattoo will be "Murphy's Law".

They're lookin great ๐Ÿ‘ as for the leaves and branches growing towards the soil in my experience if you let them grow they will be shorter than the top and side ones unless you slow the others down by tying them down or supercropping them. I personally started cutting them off it just takes the hassle out of it, it's hard enough to get the rest of them even.
    Topping... I will top mine either above the 4th or 5th node it depends on node spacing mostly, the 4th node gives you 8 branches/tops to work with, 5th is obviously 10 tops.... I just look at the plant and if I think I can manage 8 or 10 .....

I started main-lining plants and found it to make it easier to train them, I think because they grow more spread out instead of the branches competing for the same space and I already know what and where I'm going to make my cuts, how I'm going to tie them... plus main-lining makes the prettiest colas ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    ๐Ÿ‘‡my one n only journal๐Ÿ‘‡
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck, I meant Guadalajara not Guatemala, duh. Lake Chapala is the town/city 45 minutes away. On Trip Advisor a retired writer posted an article: she has a 3500 sq ft house with a casita, and paid help. Her taxes were equivalent to $160 USD for a year. With a two solar panels their electric bill is $6 US/month. I guessed you to be in that area, not over by Cancun. Most people with two homes have someone local who checks on them for them. Would you ever live there full-time? The article I read said that Lake Chapala/area gets this two-month mosquito invasion where people don't leave their homes bc it's so bad.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Puglover1 Guadalajara is about 2.5hrs by plane from where we are. We are 4.5hrs from Cancun's airport by car. Would I ever live there full-time ? Nope just too hot during summer months and beside their mosquito season start in April, the reason why we move from the Yucatan area to Puerto Morelos for the end of winter then we fly back home.
      We love our little casita and most of all we adore the local in the village, wonderful people. Most of them are maya descendants, you need to speak a bit of Spanish to get by cuz you are far away from the tourist area except for Puerto Morelos. But then the majority of expats are Americans and Canadians so no we don't have a problem to communicated with the local always find someone to translate. One of our friend Rita she's from south of Mexico City, she speak english so she is our translator on occasion loll

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you keep a car/vehicle down there? I'd like to sell my house and live in rent-controlled senior housing apartments (not a high-rise). They have a two-pet limit, the cat never leaves the house, I could sneak him inside. But having a winter place could be difficult. I'd never fly the pugs in cargo, a smooshed-face breed died in cargo a few years ago. They no longer allow therapy dogs in cabin, only service dogs. Unless my old boss would fly me down in his private plane I don't know. I want to be by water but not in TX or FL. The gal from KY wants to move to IL, she offered to teach me Spanish, she taught English in Guadalajara. Once you know another language, like French, it's easier to understand other languages while reading them. When they speak fast it's another story.

Looks great! Especially pinned down low and wide๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bboyfromwayback I have some big, thick, square wood flooring samples, thought about your eye hooks and circles but my closet is only 2 feet deep. The squares would fit but a big plant might not. Can't wait to know your weights when that beauty is finished.

I just looked back through my Wild Thai pictures folder. This was the end, the last pictures taken before I was too sick, they still got watered. I was begging for help, discarded by the ER, 3 days later collapsed, couldn't stand up, had to call an ambulance on my old, no-data phone because the other phone had Black Screen of Death. That was an omen.

Anywho, I liked how well those White Widow fast fems were growing but I used all the beans. I just ordered some more from Seedsman because that's who has them. Also ordered Critical Mass and am getting Jack Herer freebies that I will probably never grow. Seeds were going out of stock so fast that was the only non-auto freebie choice left, I missed out on GDP photo seeds and a better freebie, my cart kept shrinking. Hopefully this will get the lights turned back on, I haven't even opened the new light I bought to fill out the closet.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck Puglover1 . Always good to get back at it!

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi pugs, I have 3 CM photo at 3 weeks right now from ILGM. It was my first grow a year ago. I got 7 oz dry from that grow 3 plants plus a clone with a thousand mistakes, lol! That run was coco, this time is living soil. 2 in 1 7 seven gal bag, 1 in another and 1 purple bubba in a third which was gifted by my friend BU2B My 2 1/2 x 4 ft cabinet is maxed out now. I thought about 2 10's but it would cramp my plans. i've been reading about bigger pot, bigger plant so we'll see how 2 in 1 7 will do. I plan to trim and manage as 1 plant which should be interesting as well.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bowhunterwoody Hopefully soon.

Hey TOKABIGONE I am interested to watch both you and BU2B grow those 2-in1's. I was growing that Wild Thai in a 5 gal bag, with the saucer, grate, bag, soil and plant I can't say that it was easy to move around, I ended up spinning the grate to turn the plant. I'm a girl who used to be strong, now I'm trying to heal angry muscles. Or to not tick them off any more. I want to get watering rings, funnels and tubing to make it easier on myself. Use my multitude of empty 28 oz Powerade bottles to mix water, I can fill them in the attached bathroom pedestal sink, dechlor, then pH or give whatever they're getting and have them ready ahead of time in a milk crate. Using Stonington Blend soil makes it easier. You did well last grow. Last year I ordered ten 1 gallon bags for herbs but received ten 10 gal bags, only place I'd ever use those would be outdoors. That's doubtful. My grow closet bedroom needs purging & organizing, extra lights in boxes, boxes from things that are out of warranty, and fans that'll die before they'll need their boxes back. Trim bin, nutes I didn't use for 6 months, a big bin & a box of framed pictures that were being stored in the guest shower during some painting, then I needed the shower for a drying area. I do better when things are in order, I have enough chaos. I'm interested to see how your bigger pot theory works out!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X