Deserted Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deserted Island

Starting to think about the next harvest. Dropping seeds is about 6 weeks or so off depending on how long it takes me to sanitize the man-cave for the next round after drying the outdoor crop but I am starting to think about what to grow. Just enough time to figure it out and get the order delivered.

I think this has been asked many times but thought I would try for an updated list of the most favoured of strains to see if I am missing out on anything new and exciting.

My hope is that you will reply to this with the ONE strain that you would bring with you when you spend the rest of your life on a deserted island. Old strain or new hybrid, auto or photo, sativa or indica… whatever. This is the only strain you will ever know for the rest of your life. I personally am mostly a photo strain guy who likes a good diesel or pine smell, high thc, good sparkle and sticky icky resin, good disease resistance and in a perfect world a bit of cbd to balance. With that said I don’t want to hear what strain meets my list I want to hear your number one strain that you come back to over and over (or intend to) and why it qualifies as your castaway strain.

To start the list, I would say pineapple chunk is my castaway strain. It is a decent smell (a bit more fruity than I like but still decent), it grows well, produces a fair bit, has a decent punch, good sparkle, and has been well received by anyone I’ve ever gifted some too (although who complains about free weed 🙂).

Hoping to hear your castaway strain and why.

EDIT: I still want to hear your one castaway strain but to add one new thing to the question - do you know off a really good strain that is easier to trim? I find as time goes on trimming becomes more of a chore than it used to be. If I had someone I could share the trimming with and help them with theirs it would be more social and less tedious but for now it is just me myself and I. I am starting to watch for strains that are less shaggy and quicker to trim.
    Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 09-15-2021, 12:33 PM.

Northern lights auto or photo. Never disappoints.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      NL was a good one for me as well. Definitely near the top of he list for a nice easy to grow strain that still carries a good punch. Added benefit of not being too stinky for those that need something a bit more stealthy to grow!

Any landrace Kush.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was in school for architecture, a lot of us would walk out to a designated dope smoking area (DDSA) and light up before studio. I get real creative and focused when I kush.

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      EDIT: ignore this comment. I mixed up kush and haze.

Nice! I grew liberty haze from Barney’s Farm the last grow and it went very well. I haven’t tucked into it yet but the cure should be well underway so it won’t be long. The only downside I can think of for kush is the longer flower time but given I grow more than I can use and there is always something in the cookie jar waiting to get tried that is no downside at all for me.
      Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 09-15-2021, 11:37 AM.

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Just realized you said landrace. I haven’t read up a lot on kush but are they mostly landrace or are many of them hybrids?

Kush comes from places like north India and Afghanistan. It is the base for any hybrid that has Kush or Indica in it. And really, anything that isn't a landrace is a hybrid.
    In my experience, 8-10 weeks has been flowering time.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

tutankahmen by pyramid seeds, this strain is day or night time smoke and gets you blazed

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        It looked pretty impressive when I looked it up. A descendent of AK-47. I would definitely try this one at some point.

• Ace1973
        Ace1973 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am going to grow it for next grow, I will be sure to post pics as I go.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some of this in cure now, can hardly wait to test it.

Greasy Grapes by Exotic Genetics, nice hard stinky sticky buds and lots of them, I luv the smell of this one and the flavor is the same. I have grown it inside and outside from clones. Also easy to clone, 100% lived (I use aloe and into soil). Gave them to others that are now telling me "WOW this is good shit!"
      Other than that I breed my own.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        This is good shit is the ultimate compliment! Sounds fantastic. On the list it goes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X