Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on small buds please

Hi,
    First grow so looking for advice please, 2 scenarios but basically the same question - how close to being ready are these?
    1) I had to cut some stems due to mold at the node, can I grow these on in a vase of water? Will the continue to grow & mature?
    2) The buds on the plant look healthy but small, they have 50% amber pistols, will these remain this size or do they really bulk up in the next week or two? (I am assuming they are close to being done)
    All advice welcome, I am a complete novice

----------

Amnesia Lemon Kush (60% Sativa and 40% Indica)
    17 Gallon pot Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1339.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	536368
    Soil & garden compost
    Minimal training, 4 topped, 1 natural / late topped
    Germinated mid-Feb, repotted a few times
    Wet and cold UK summer, in ploy tunnel to control water & get some heat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E1347.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	536367

I think you have a ways to go yet, you've got to give the buds time to "chunk" up (not to mention your yield and quality will be much higher). I'm in the same boat, thinking I've got a few weeks to be patient.

Name:	IMG_3420.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	536370

Name:	IMG_3419.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	536371
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful Buds Bro! Nicely done.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going out on a limb here but I'm going to say yours look ready to me. Maybe a week or 2 if you want a more couch lock high, but they look ready to me.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      dphipps1020 Getting close for sure. Trichs are just starting to get fully cloudy, hoping for a bit of amber. Although, when I last grew it (but indoors) I never really got much amber. We're at 8 1/2 wks of flowering, but it did flower quickly. I am looking for a more couch lock effect.
      I call it winter hibernation weed But you could very well be correct, pistils are saying she's about had it.

Looks like you are at least 2 to 3 weeks out. You want most of the pistols to be brown AND curl in. Yes they will fatten up their last couple of weeks. The buds you snip off are done. If they haveold I recommended you trash them.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Well they need that sun on them a good 6-8 hrs min. to get big an swell. I mean they like it 80s f direct sunshine. In the last few weeks they swell more but it is so dependant on the heat an sun for best growth. You have some time to allow these to at least swell an get firmer.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

They need more time. Patience. Keep a sharp eye on the mold situation. Cut and dispose of the moldy parts. Increase air circulation, decrease humidity n temp. You must be outside with a 17 gallon pot.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

You are at a minimum two weeks off from harvest.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Great advice and thanks to all.
            I'm not expecting anything as great as GreenState's outdoor beauties, but something bigger would be ideal.
            I had to hack the mold out so I have a bunch of stems in this small ~2weeks off state and a lot more than expected still on the plants.
            I will dry some, stick some in a pot of water and grow on the outdoor plants a bit - see what works out.
            The air circulation isn't bad but between 80-100% humidity is tricky.
            If I do this again I will go with autos - might work better at this latitude.
            And pray for sun!
            Last edited by polygrow; 09-14-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X