Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Bud rot?

Hi all,

First time grower. Everything has been going relatively good with the indoor grow (DWC), except for the light being a little too strong for a bit, which has been fixed. But today I realized two buds are much more brown than the others. Both directly under the light (more so than the others). Does this appear to be bud rot? I don’t seem to have any root issues. Humidity is around 45-50%. If so, what could have caused this?
    Attached Files

Yes bud rot. Great looking buds & colas humidity is my guess with heat an needed alittle thining out for air circulation.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• davel160
      davel160 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Sucks but hopefully the rest of the plant is ok.

Yes, bud rot. No cure. Cut it off and dispose of away from plants. Try not to spread spores. Improve environment- lower temp & humidity, increase air circulation, prune leaves. It looks like you are near finish. Consider cut and run. Discard the rot and harvest the rest. Do not try and use or salvage anything with rot or mold on it. Sorry for the bad news, it sucks to see your work be devoured by this scourge. Many people have had to deal with br this year. I lost all my outdoor plants to it this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BUD ROT EXTREMEA.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	992.4 KB
ID:	536032
    An example of severe bud rot. The plant was eventually abandoned out back in the sick ward.

Check out: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...oblems/bud-rot

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• davel160
      davel160 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I just cut to massive colas off. Definitely rot inside. Sucks, but hopefully the plant is ok. Chalking it up to a learning experience and will watch the humidity more closely. You think I should just chop her down?

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Cut and run is going to be your call. Depends on how close is it to finished and how effective you are at slowing it down. Once br sets in, a 2-3 times a day inspection is in order. If it spreads the plant may make the decision for you. Is a larger amount of early bud better than a smaller amount of finished bud, or no bud? Ask your plant what it wants.

davel160 man i just take off that moldy area anything grey/brown throw away. I don't take anything that looks healthy still needs ripening? Just the stems that are affected.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Some strains are more susceptible to rot, but plenty of air movement across the canopy will help a lot.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I'm seeing brown leaf edges and canoeing usually a sign of to much water

Comment

Pics will help
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X