No announcement yet.

Mutation, Stunting, Or Is It Clover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those look like cannabis seeds to me. Read through this....
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Thanks, I went with method 4 from that guide for the seedling that sprouted up this morning. Seemed to work pretty well, seed hadn't popped after 24 hours so I moved it to a wet paper towel under an opaque cup for the next 12 hours. It popped after that then planted it in the coco/perlite mix in a solo cup 2 days ago; popped up perky and looking just like I'd expect from the other pictures on here this morning.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe it was just transported by the soil manufacture from the bag?

• NotAFarmer
        NotAFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I'd say that's definitely possible. I'm still going to sprout those other two just to see what they are

Click image for larger version

Name:	CLOVER SEED.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	703.8 KB
ID:	536408

Here is pix of clover seed. One of these things is not like the other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CLOVER SEED GERMINATION.PNG
Views:	134
Size:	850.5 KB
ID:	536409
      Is this what they looked like when germinated?
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I agree, lots of the pictures of clover seeds look much lighter in color than the seeds I was sent by GC. But no, post-germination the seed still appeared to be cannabis. It wasn't until the first the set of leaves sprouted that things started looking different (and I mean the first set of real leaves, not the cotyledons). Before I had planted the seed in the five-gallon pot it was simply a dark colored seed with a white taproot sticking out. I had trouble finding other clover seeds that looked like the one I planted, though it looks like perhaps red-clover may have seeds that are darker in color.

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          The clover seeds look smaller also. My experience with GC's beans was many of them popped a tap root shoot barely 1mm long, then they stopped growing and turned brown. Could be your seeds died AND you had seed contamination from another source.

Here's a theory: You planted a dud seed that rotted in the potting mix and a stray seed in the mix germinated near where you planted the dud. I think that plant is what we called sour lambs where I grew up, Sheep sour in other places. Its proper name is wood sorrel.

Yours looks a bit less heart-shaped but the crease along the centerline of the leaves is definitely there. If you still have it, you could chew a sample and see if it tastes anything like sour candy.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• NotAFarmer
          NotAFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting, hadn't considered that but it's definitely possible. I do still have it, my wife wanted to keep it, so I've moved it out of the grow room to the window sill. Could be nice after all if it sprouts some pretty flowers; but I can confirm it does not taste like sour candy. It's more of an herbal taste similar to cilantro

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Holy cow! What a flashback. When I was a kid we used to look for lemon grass, lemon clover, flowers we could suck the nectar out of, all while nailing each other with spear grass. And to cap the day off, catch fireflies in the dusk light. It was an early attempt at survival training.

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely agree UndergroundFarmer. I was thinking the same thing. NotAFarmer if you still have the original pot, dig around a bit, I bet you'll find the bean you dropped is still there. Dud seeds are not uncommon.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X