No announcement yet.

Mutation, Stunting, Or Is It Clover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Mutation, Stunting, Or Is It Clover?

Hello everyone! I am new to growing any kind of plant, and this is my first grow. I built a 3x4x6 grow hut in my basement and coated the interior with mylar for all the reflective-ness. I'm using 2 18w led strips rated (6500K) mounted to a plywood board (also covered in mylar) hung about 1.5 ft above the plant set to a 18 on / 6 off schedule. This little girl (White Widow feminized) was planted around July 30th into a 5 gallon pot with a mixture of coco and perlite (roughly 30% perlite by volume). Admittedly overpotting was mistake number one that led to mistake number two of the inevitable overwatering. She never took on brown spots or seemed droopy to my amateur eye; but it was clear she was stunted when the end of August was rolling around and she was still super small.

I dug her up out of the five gallon pot around August 30th and repotted her in a solo cup with lots of holes; she has definitely survived the transplant as I'm seeing new growth just about every day. Shortly after she was transplanted I got her too close to the lights for a few days and it definitely light burned a couple of the leaves; this was corrected and the light burn stopped spreading and the rest of the leaves are fine. So on to the problems I'm seeing and unable to diagnose. As you'll see in the pictures below all of her leaves that she grows are round like a clover leaf and roughly the same size as clover. Her cotelydons were the only leaves she has grown that suggested to me that she was in fact weed. After those she sprouted several (probably 6-7) single finger round leaves that were small and since then she has been sprouting these three finger (but detached) round leaves shown in the picture.

A bit more info: As stated it's a mix of coco and perlite which drains quickly through the bottom of the solo cup (roughly 30 seconds from pour to water coming out the bottom). I've been feeding her a mix of 1/2 strength DynaGro grow nutrients with tap water adjusted for PH to around 6.0. I'm split on how much she should be getting watered in coco since lots of info says don't wait for it to completely dry out, so I've mostly been waiting until it only feels damp (takes about 3-4 days). Roughly every other feeding I'll give her enough water to get ~10ish percent runoff, and the other feedings not enough to get any runoff, but still a good sized gulp of water. The seed came from GrowersChoice and was labelled White Widow Feminized. I used the paper towel method to germinate and that took roughly 7-9 days for the taproot to sprout. There is a small space heater in the box with her keeping the temperature around 80F. The box itself is not by any means air tight and has some holes for fresh air, and there is a dehumidifier outside the box keeping the humidity in the basement around 50% (admittedly I didn't put this in until last week and it was probably 70-80% humidity before this).

So my question, is this actually a little pot plant? Is it my bad watering practices and perhaps some other things I don't know about that caused these abnormal leaves? Or is she fine (now) and this is just a genetic mutation?

I think I've included all the info I need, but please let me know what I'm missing and how I can help you help me.

In my opinion your plant looks like some kind of herb - but not the herb I would smoke. Definitely doesn't look like cannabis.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

That is not a cannabis plant. You got your beans from Grower's Choice? I have nothing good to say about them. First time I ordered from a seed bank and I got just random seeds from them, not what I ordered, and only a 20% germination rate. Idk what clover seed looks like, but If that is the seed they sent you, you got burned. If you are just starting out, may I suggest bag seed until you learn more about the process.
      Last edited by Ckbrew; 09-12-2021, 10:43 AM.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Yeah thanks for your responses, I was sort of afraid of that. Not to worry, I also ordered some other seeds from ILGM; just planted the first one yesterday so we'll see if that turns out better. Sucks that the first seeds I ordered are bunk; but at least I learned some things about growing plants in general. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Sounds like a company review is in order! They're at 2.8 stars.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Looks like clover of sorts. Nothing about it resembles a cannabis plant.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Stop this madness, you even trained that shit. Lmao this has to be a joke. If it's not, you need to research a lot more before starting to grow if you don't know the difference in weed and clovers. Looks like you bought a cover crop instead of weed. Never does any seed company that's valid sell clovers. With the smallest amount of research you would have seen that's not cannabis.

Comment

• NotAFarmer
                NotAFarmer commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm going to leave it at this, you assumed I did no research because I wanted to know if this could be a problem. You were mistaken about that. It's ok to be mistaken. Obviously I was mistaken in this post as well, I can admit that. I was hoping you could also admit your fault.

• GroBuddy
                GroBuddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol whatever again don't blame me because the honest stuff I said offended you then play victim. If you did research you would have never saw anything resembling what you have in your pot, unless you looked up clovers.

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                One of those, eh? Gotcha.

That's a whole lot of grow info for a joke. Even I wouldn't go this far. With strange leaf shapes I've found lately, I would have watched a grow journal for this one.

Someone post a link to that 'No fucking tomatoes' video.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Marigolds or weed?
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Freak show

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me or the picture?

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes; umm correct.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NO TOMATOES.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	536109
                Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Lmao holy crap that's funny the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by GroBuddy View Post
                    Stop this madness, you even trained that shit. Lmao this has to be a joke. If it's not, you need to research a lot more before starting to grow if you don't know the difference in weed and clovers. Looks like you bought a cover crop instead of weed. Never does any seed company that's valid sell clovers. With the smallest amount of research you would have seen that's not cannabis.
                    You really are a dick. LMAO

Comment

• GroBuddy
                      GroBuddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You created a profile here just to say that, speaks volume of your character.
                      Last edited by GroBuddy; 09-14-2021, 02:20 AM.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      grimreefer24601 Loose the attitude dude!

Like beating a dead horse to death. We get it, dude messed up. How about we try to move the hell on and help the guy out. This site is not Facebook, bring this crap there.

NotAFarmer start here https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics
                    This site has everything you need to know about growing cannabis. Start from scratch, drop some new beans and try again. There's lots of folks here that can help you out as you go.
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Originally posted by PLreef View Post
                      Like beating a dead horse to death. We get it, dude messed up. How about we try to move the hell on and help the guy out. This site is not Facebook, bring this crap there.

NotAFarmer start here https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics
                      This site has everything you need to know about growing cannabis. Start from scratch, drop some new beans and try again. There's lots of folks here that can help you out as you go.
                      Thanks, already on it; new seed sprouted up this morning looking much more aligned with the correct kind of seedling. I'm still going to sprout the other two seeds from GrowersChoice just to see what they are, but I don't have much hope for them.

Comment

• Ckbrew
                        Ckbrew commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can you post a pix of the seeds u got from Growers Choice?

Originally posted by CkBrew View Post

Can you post a pix of the seeds u got from Growers Choice?
                      Sure, here are the remaining two, the other one that turned out to be clover looked the same as far as I could tell. And looking at the seeds from ILGM that I have, I can't really see anything suspicious with my untrained eye. Maybe you see something about these?

Sorry about the poor quality this is the best I could do with my old camera

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good enuf to see it is not clover.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X