Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time growing and my plants are almost dead please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time growing and my plants are almost dead please help!

I recently bought a 4x4 grow tent from Mars Hydro on amazon as well as General Hydroponics Flora Trio, Cal-Mag, Dyno myco, and a humidifier and dehumidifier. I bought 5 elite banana Kush seeds from truenorthseed bank and begun my grow at the beginning of August. I used the 3 or 4 gallon pots that came with the tent kit and cocopearl pre mixed 70/30 hydroponic medium from a Scotts nearby. Soaked the soil decently in PH balanced water I made by leaving clean tap water out for a couple days to let the chlorine evaporate and adjusting ph using ph up and down i bought from Canadian Tire. (This everyone else in my community does.) Filed the pots and packed the soil lightly into the pots. Mixed a teaspoon of dynomyco in the top 3 or 4 inches of soil then used my finger to make a hole for the germinated seeds, sprinkled a bit of dyno myco into the seed holes, added seeds taproot down and covered with soil. I set 3 of the plants in my grow tent on 30% brightness a couple feet above the pots. For the first week I watered the plants once a day using just ph water, and misted sometimes when I noticed the top soil was a bit dry but still moist in the top couple inches. I set my humidifier to 70%RH as suggested in a Youtube video. Up till this point things were going perfect, the plants were growing like 'weeds'. After a week - two weeks of only ph balanced water I decided to start feeding following a guide from a YouTube video. Which said that for the first week only water using ph water then for the 2-3 week feed : -2ml cal mag -0.5ml bloom -1ml micro -1ml grow mixed in the specific order of 1.calmag 2.micro 3.grow 4.bloom then ph the water. So I begun to feed expecting to watch the plants blast off with new growth. But after a couple days of feeding once per day I noticed the plants were getting a bit yellow at the tips then not long after the whole plant turned a bright green-yellow color. So I panicked, and flushed them for a few days. The plants returned to a beautiful healthy looking green color and I got hope back. But then once I started feeding again the same thing happened again. So I flushed them again. And now watering only with ph water, they're still turning yellow and some of the lower leaves are wilting and dying. I don't know what to do.. I think I'm going to try feeding nutrients for the next stage of growth, even though I've failed at feeding in the 1st stage of growth. If anybody can give this absolute noob at growing any information on what I might be doing wrong I will be soo thankful. I hope its not too late to save my first grow.

If you have not done so, try reading the manual at GrowWeedEasy.com. Stop following U tube videos. Pick all of your information from one source so that you do not receive conflicting advice. Assuming you have been checking your PH correctly, your may need to add nutrients. If your PH is too low, you could have nutrient lockout. I am betting on the low PH.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out these articles:

They look like they are starving and under watered. Check you ph. Coco/perlite needs extra cal-mag due to the coco binding up calcium an magnesium. When just adding water in the beginning, cal-mag should also be added. You stated the amount of nutrients you put in the water, but did not say how much water you put them in which will affect your final nute concentration. You will need better bottom trays to be able to collect runoff and keep it away from the pots.

Check out: https://www.amazon.com/square-farmer...1460050&sr=8-6

I have used these with good results. They have gotten pricey. Not that expensive when I bought mine beginning of this year. Or you could get a flood table set with a pitch to collect runoff and put all the plants in the one tray.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Try your next water with just CalMag in it. Do a double dose (2 tsp/gallon) to see what happens. My guess is that you're not feeding enough and since you didn't "charge" the coco with CalMag before you used it I'm guessing that's what they're missing. I usually try to keep my pH between 5.8-6.2 if I can and it usually works pretty good for me. My guess is that you're going to have to add CalMag almost every time you water to prevent this in the future. Your nutrient mix should have been fine in my opinion, maybe a little light but shouldn't have caused that. I would actually start using the vegetative nutrient ratios though instead of ratios for seedlings.

Summary: use more nutrients, check pH levels, and up your CalMag feed

Just what I would do, hope that helps.

Comment

dphipps1020 mentioned his pH spread between 5.8 to 6.2 and I found he is spot on target. In coco you really must stay in that range as it does not compensate for pH in like soil does so that is the level your roots are subject to for uptake. You said several times you were pHing input but never said at what level. I'm betting you are out of range. Good Luck!
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

They look over watered to me.

Growing pot isn't magic. It's just like other plants.

She looks like you love her too much and won't leave her alone. We all been there.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X