Dying Plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dying Plants

Hello my Friends, I have three Afghan Kush plants growing outdoors in 5 gal fabric pots, and FFOF soil. the plants started turning yellow, leaves dried up and falling off, over a month ago, if is very frustrating. I always ph the water to 6.5, have around 10% run off. was feeding every 3rd watering with FF Trio, 1/2 strength, then tried boosting it to full strength, that didn't do anything. i did a flush about 3 weeks ago, didn't change anything. but one thing i didn't do, was check the run off water. so last night, i did another flush, i ran the garden hose for 8 minutes with medium pressure, so I would say I ran at least 8 gallons through each plant. i measured the hose water, it was 8.3, and after the 8 minutes, i put the pot in a container, to catch the run off water. all three were different, the lowest was 6.48, the highest 6.8. so what do you think the soil PH was before flushing 8 + gallons of tap water through them? i think the PH at the roots must have been so lower, the plants weren't absorbing any nutes. side note, I one one plant thats in the ground. same watering/feeding schedule, and its beautiful. any thoughts / advice?

Have you been checking your runoff in the past. If flushing with 8.3 PH water results in a 6.5 runoff, I would say the ph of your grow medium is way too low. Try some soil acidifier.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I would guess maybe one of these or all. Pot bound, over watered or poor and uneven watering.

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        Water management is much more difficult in containers than in ground.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have been having the same issues with my indoor grows. Seems like my plants get root lock the last month. Practice makes perfect, right

Comment

They are hungry, feed them, the pots are to small (the one in the ground shows this).
        Liquid potash will give a PH up as well as feed them. Wood ash will also give a buffer PH up and feed them flower food. Dolomite Lime (egg shells oyster shell etc.) is also good to buffer PH up.
        Good luck.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X