Grow_MO Growing Autos Indoors in a 5 x 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow_MO Growing Autos Indoors in a 5 x 5

First post on the forum. Excited to meet all the wonderful people I hear about on here! I hope everyone is having a blessed day!! What is the purpose of this journal I ask myself? To spread the love of growing marijuana and soak up some knowledge. I’m sure help will be needed as this is only my second grow and first with living soil using Earth Dust! Maybe along the way someone can take something from my grow and apply it to theirs and vice versa. I am a licensed cultivator who also has one patient to grow for. Let’s start with the setup. What is the setting of this story? We’re (us a grow family) growing 8 autos (6 different strains being Banana Kush, 2 pineapple, Girl Scout Cookies Extreme, Bruce Banner, Sour Diesel and 2 Gorilla Glue) in a 5 x 5 x 8 GGT in my basement. It’s being powered by a Growers Choice ROI E720. She’s a beast! I’m growing in 7 gallon tall fabric pots (I know it’s big for autos but I see it as my food bank with this living soil and I do not want them to go hungry) in soil amended with Earth Dust. It all being fortified with fresh air using an Ac infinity 6” fan. I guess enough of the blabbing, let’s get to the good stuff….PICS
    Last edited by GrowMO; 09-10-2021, 12:33 PM.

Looks real nice GrowMO - and welcome to this forum. Me myself and I are all autoflower growers too.

Your plants look great - and I'm guessing by the way they are growing that they have been topped. Any LST?

I only grow in 2 gallon Geopots - find one can control they're growth a bit more. Tried 7 gallon once and by the time she finally filled her home with roots - she began flowering - not enough vertical growth for my liking. So it's 2 gallons for me - easier to take in and out of the tent.

Bon chance mon amie.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• GrowMO
      GrowMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir for the compliments and well wishes (I had to look that one up). I have been adding in some lst as well. Not sure how to post a pic on this reply (still learning this forum) but I have some to show. In the ones I’m starting in 3 weeks I think I am going to do 5 gallon talls. I feel like I need a little more soil since I’m using Earth Dust but I could be wrong. I have some 3 gallons as well. Maybe I will try a few in them as a test. I like to do comparisons and try different things and see how plants react. I have found that they are very much alive and will speak to you. Thanks again!
      Last edited by GrowMO; 09-10-2021, 02:19 PM.

My first grow was all Sour D autos and I tried different training techniques to see how they responded. One I did nothing to except add some bamboo to open up the inside. I topped and FIMed the rest. I saw good results from the tops and FIMs. This grow I tinkered with FIMing some more and LST. With different success. It’s my first grow with organics and living soil so I’m still just wingin it really. Fighting off some PH issues right now that I had just caught. Apparently concentrated water soluble potassium silicate is really basic. We are getting things lined out and learning every day. Next round which I hope to start in 3 weeks is going to be all manifold or mainline with autos. Not real sure the difference but I’m going to give it a whirl.

Comment

Welcome GrowMO to the GWE Forum. You will find many folk here who love to share info and pics as well as grow issues. It's good to see someone once in a while who doesn't start a post with 'Why are my leaves yellow?'. As you are a licensed grower you obviously have some knowledge to share as well. If you don't mind, how did you get a cultivator license? I'm guessing you are in MO? Was it expensive? Post a bond or something? Thanks and Good Pharming!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you TOKABIGONE …I hoped that worked 🤷‍♂️. I can’t wait to dig in and check out peoples grows. I just have to get familiar with this forum. Sorry, newbie. Maybe a licensed cultivator is a little misleading. All it takes is a medical license and an extra $100 per year. You are allowed to have 6 plants in flower, 6 in veg under 14” and 6 clones. That is per license. You are allowed to cultivate for others also. They just put you as their caretaker and you have a copy of their license in your tent or grow area. That doubles your numbers. You are allowed to have 3 months supply on hand for them at all times. It must be in a container with their initials on it. We are allowed to set up contracts with them based on labor and not cost per ounce. I am not selling though, just growing for personal use and to help out a friend. It’s an adventure that I am enjoying for sure. I have read a lot so I do have some things to share but not the real life experience. I’m still working on that part. I like science and love to find out the “why” for what I do or what I’m seeing. Thanks again and look forward to a great community. ✌️

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
      - by the time she finally filled her home with roots - she began flowering
      That statement had a wealth of info. You were using 2 gallon pots. How could that relate to living soil? More top dress and teas?
      Last edited by GrowMO; 09-10-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was commenting on my attempt using a 7 gallon pot. I only use 2 gallon now - no top dress - just promix soil.

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Canuck147 By your comment I was assuming that since they were still growing roots then it delayed their transition into flower. I had never heard that. Just soaking up some knowledge. By growing in living soil i can’t just add nutrients as easily so with less soil available I would think I would need to top dress more and add some teas. Just brainstorming. Thank you again for your input.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Uhh- no - didn't delay transition to flower. Autoflowers flower when they want to. Only way to slow them down is topping or snipping leaves off - and some don't slow down at all when one tries to slow the growth.

Here is a peak at the ladies today. They are starting to stretch. Especially GG2 in the back left. And we are throwing some bbq in the mix today. Hope everyone has a blessed day ✌️
      Attached Files

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks fabulous - couple of weeks and that tent might be near to full.

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Canuck147 I’m trying to defoliate bit by bit in preparation for it getting full. That Gorilla Glue 2 in the back left is just demanding her space! That little girl 🍍 2 is having soil ph issues. We’re getting her lined out though. She’s already starting to stretch a little.

Mmmnn mmmn is that brisket? I'll be over for lunch!

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir, all growmies are welcome anytime!

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya mean it's not a brick of hash?

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        We will see Canuck147 😂 it may end up being like a brick of hash. We will see when it’s all done. I’ll post the after picks. ✌️

LOL now ya done it gettin all these folks drooling
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Let’s hope so 🤞🤪

Hash infused smoked brisket, when is dinner?
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        You might be on to something there. I will weigh a million lbs! It’s like a snowball effect until your house doesn’t have any food left in it.

Great looking grow you have there. I'm running GC ROI-E680 in mine and want to add a CG ROI E720 to my grow room. They are amazing lights, definitely worth the money in opinion.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir, I really like the light for sure. Good enough that I bought a match to it. I am about to duplicate that setup. I already had the master controller and I got a really good deal on the second one, figured what the heck. Do you have a Grow log? If not feel free to post some pics on here if you like. ✌️

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm doing it. Just not sure which light I want. I have 680E. It's a toss up now between the 720, the 680e or the new 680s. Just not sure.....

Briskets done and bellies are full! Everyone says they loved it but would they really tell you?
      Attached Files

Comment

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Brisket is my kryptonite.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang I'm hungry now. Posting delicious food pics on a stoners' forum.

I would! Man, that's a Sunday feast! How long did you smoke at what temp?

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe next time add a 100ml of oil to your marinade or some kief if you dry rub; that might be nice!

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        TOKABIGONE a Kief rub would be fantastic. You might be on to something.

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think the oil in the meat would soak up the cannabinoids and terpenes from the kief. My only problem would be if you put a plate of brisket in front of me I will eat till it's all gone. Over load!

A+ job both cooking and growing

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir. I’m still learning on both but improving every time!

I am a female grower GrowMO 63yrs young been at it for over 40yrs outdoor. Been learning here on GWE about indoor for looks like my 5yr. anniversary. Oh yipppeee.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I sincerely apologize SoOrbudgal I should have known with the name but I’m a little (lot) dense sometimes. I obviously get lazy with my paying attention. I’m not quite familiar with navigating this forum quite yet. Sounds like I need to look at peoples profiles or pay more attention to their names, lol. . I’m such a dude and I do apologize. ✌️

Do you have a favorite strain you have grown over those 40 yrs?

We had a local strain that was bred back in the 80's up river in a little town. We still talk about it i grew it only once from a gifted clone. It was similar to " trainwreck" but i'd like to grow a strain called " future " . So i'm really into indica leaning strains. No i really don't have a fav. No worries,

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• GrowMO
        GrowMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I love hearing all those stories. It’s the history of IMO. Kinda like the moonshiners. Has this mythical Ora to it. Thanks for sharing ✌️

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X