Hydrogen Peroxide for Aphids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrogen Peroxide for Aphids

Have ready it can be used to kill aphids and white flies as a foiler spray. My question is on budding plants. I have aphids on my autos that should be ready in about 2 weeks. They are in full bud. I don’t want to lose them to aphids but not sure what to spray them
    with this close to harvest. I know peroxide. Breaks down to water and oxygen which makes me think it would be safe. Anyone have experience with this or has anyone used something different this close to harvest?

No direct experience but I would think diluted hydrogen peroxide might work. Many people give their plants a wash in it when harvesting (with a fresh water rinse) so it can’t be all bad, as long as you dilute it to the point that it won’t kill your plants (I don’t know what that ratio is but it is probably on GWE somewhere). I think I’ve read people here using diluted isopropyl as well but again I have no practical experience doing it. I’ve been known to use insecticidal soap in the earlier part of bloom (for outdoor grows) because the rain and just general time for it to break down will take care of getting it out of the new buds but I don’t think I would use it as late in the process as you are.

Comment

Hey Izzie1701 H2O2 works but has a drawback. H2O2 dries into H2O. If you spray a flowering plant, you are leaving water in your buds.
      I have had good success using 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. When ACV dries, it's always ACV. No trace of it in the harvest. Twice a day, shake off excess after a few minutes, keep circulation going.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I have used this. Advantage is that when peroxide degraded all that is left is water and oxygen. Nothing left to contaminate buds. Except that your buds are now wet. They will need to be dried. Use caution as to much of this treatment will have negative effects on the plant, burning.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I use ISO and water at 50/50 (can be 1 part ISO to 8 parts water), the alcohol kills on contact then evaporates leaving only water behind. The 50/50 mix leaves less water, but like said we dont we want water standing in/on our buds and this mix deposits less water. I still use a fan to add air circulation, and shake them after spraying. Also turn those lights off, no sunshine on them while wet.
          Outside the best thing one can do is ladybugs!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X