Displaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaced

For two weeks I have to live in this two bedroom apartment whilst my place is getting a boatload of work done. It has about 400 square feet more than my place but it seems smaller. Whoever decorated this place stuffed it with a whole bunch of motel surplus. It all smells like 1950's era motel (not hotel) carpet that is beyond washing. Some good person who cleaned the place left a film of sanitizer on everything horizontal. It is not a pleasant smelling sanitizer. No A/C. No A/C is a drag when it's hot, humid, and the couch is leatherish. I am not a fan of leatherish couches.
    I'd like to sit here and complain as I have much to complain about. But dabber dislikes it more than I do and I don't want to shut her out of the complaint department. I'll lay out my complaining in spurts. Maybe take the two weeks to complain. That sounds relaxing.
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 08-30-2021, 10:25 AM.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Let's just hope the owner and contractors 2 weeks don't turn into 2 months or more. Renovating a building always turns into "oh shit, we didn't expect to find that" experience. Trust me I know; I managed a high end 65 unit community plus 5 professional offices. Constant rehab and renovations. Lucky for me the owners were making so damn much money from them they didn't care if I spent their money on them.
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 08-30-2021, 10:53 AM.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

The owners finally settled the lawsuit with the contractors who did the deck original weatherproofing and concrete. Took about 6 years. The area around my apartment has had material removed down to the plywood decking. The underside of the walkway, to the joists. Along with other removals and repairs.
      Taking more than two weeks will be a seriously bad thing for we displaced and the owner. 12 of us are receiving $4900 for two weeks rent and food. Every day over will cost $350 per person. Those of us who aren't staying with friends or family have two week rental agreements with the AirBnB type places we're staying. Anything past that will require more leg work for the owner and money not in the settlement.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Just took Dabber out. Painters are taping off the hallway. I've gone from one construction zone to another.

'50's era hotel carpet. Paint. Sanitizer. Tide. If Dabber's anal glands get nasty, I'm sleeping in a tent on the patio.

Several dabs of terp crystals. That'll make the place smell right and make me not worry quite so much. That's why I use Indicas. Don't worry (so much). Be happy(er).
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Well, the whole two weeks sucked ash. A dark, hot, apartment with no circulation.
          I get home and noticed my deadbolt was unlocked. Then I noticed concrete dust and metal shavings inside my front door. Then I noticed my FAU fan was on. Then I noticed a big new pipe in my FAU closet. Then I noticed the screen door I had closed, with glass door open, was not closed. Someone came into my apartment while I was gone! I know it was to work on the FAU. In a community meeting and in paperwork, those of us who had to leave were told no one would be coming in our apartments while we were gone.
          My first reaction was to call the police, telling them who came into my place: The manager and workers. That's mostly gone. But I'm pretty sure the FHA is going to get an email from me, after I lay into the manager and let the property owner know.
          As far as I'm concerned, someone broke into my home while I was gone.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Spoke with the manager.
          Long story short, because I'm still too mad to be stoned, she didn't know anything was going on. Which I believe. But that tells me someone working for the property either a master key or set of keys to all the apartments. So, I'll be filing with the FHA.
          My parents got robbed. The fuckers took my mom's address/calendar/appointment type book. They called my folks and said I gave them a key to get in because I owed them drug money. I didn't. And I've had a gun in my face, twice, during robberies. More fuel for my fire.
          Goddamn I need several fuck large dabs while I sterilize everything, and poop.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

What did you do with your plants? I must have missed that episode!
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the ...Please Stand By... in my grow info. I was expecting to be gone so didn't have anything growing. Now that I'm back, I have to find seeds. I can't order online, anymore because MSNL stopped taking Visa, I don't crypto currency, and Mastercard would be fools to extend me credit.
              That's for weed. All my house plants came through like champs! Even my ficas cutting grew a three inch root.

A few minutes ago a paper was left at my door. It was pushed under my door so it didn't fly away. The paper is the notice that someone would be entering my apartment sometime last Thursday or Friday. Manager lady says she doesn't know anything about it.
            I am unable to find my happy place.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Found my happy place. Sun lit room. Breeze from the ocean. Ceiling fan. A/C if needed. Couch to share with Dabber instead of a love seat. Familiar pee and poo spots. I am back at my dabbing table. Gave myself a mani-pedi. The cheese I forgot to take with me. Familiar ass indentations on the toilet seat. Charmin Extra Soft.
              I will get out of my head and wallow in these things. No more planning the collapse of whatever company broke into my home.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbeard please report to police to get a case number and report it to all involved. Report to your ins as well and give them the case number. Do this whether you file a claim or not, you may discover something missing later. You will need it for anything legal connected to it. If you spoke to a 'manager' today she was probably a weekend asst who is supposed to be ignorant of anything. Speaking as a 10 year apartment manager I know these things! If you get any kind of rent assistance then report to your case manager.
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It took me a minute to realize your 'ins' meant insurance. Around here, INS is the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Also known as 'la Migra.'

TOKABIGONE The manager I talked to is our real manager, as it is. She gave me her personal number, a while back, because I was doing her a favor when she wasn't here. She had occasion to come to the property, anyway, and stopped by.
                If whoever came into my apartment can't prove to me who gave them the key, I may call the police. There isn't anything missing. What fool would take something from this place? Can't get a crack rock for 8 1/2 year old Ikea. There is a lot going on and I need to get other stories before I lay down.
                The FHA will be notified, at least, because my apt people gave said key to said contractors and either knew they were coming in or they didn't have management of the key.
                I will also be figuring out which workers union or contractors organization the contractors work for.
                Unless someone tries dicking me, about as far as I'm going to go is reviews and complaints to appropriate agencies.
                If someone tries dicking with me, t'ain't weed on Mars that'll keep my mouth shut. Wait, that sounds funny. I mean I'll raise hell if someone dicks with me. Not that I'll open my mouth.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

In the end, the construction company did what they were supposed to. The property manager lied, more than once, that neither she nor the maintenance guy knew they were coming in, although the maintenance man came in with them. The property owner talked down to me, asking, 'What do you want to get out of this? If harassing and berating and talking down to someone will make this better, then do it.' Referring to bringing the manager to accountability. Owner lady suggested manager lady lied in the spur of the moment to avoid responsibility. That's called compulsive lying. Perhaps. Telling the same lie twice is lying.
                  I was going to let it go with talking to the manager. After talking with the owner, I'm having my manager talk and filing with the powers that be. I told you people I was not to be dicked with. My home was entered without notice. For someone to talk down to me and tell me to let it go makes me 5 dab angry.
                  That's pretty fucking serious fucking angry.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

• BR2K
                    BR2K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope you're taking a few deep breaths, between curses. My biggest concern was getting busted for plants. It seems the owners/managers, etc., were on the prowl for tenant violations. Let me take a moment to offer full disclosure - I know I'm stirring the pot - remember to BREATHE. My recommendation would be to find another permanent residence now - before YOU stir the pot... (pun intended for all of it!)

• Gingerbeard
                    Gingerbeard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm breathing until tomorrow or I'll get the tunnel vision anger that even scares the hell out of me. It's only happened a handful of times, but I hurt someone, once.
                    A week or so before my last harvest, new rules came out about no smoking anything and no growing. I signed it in front of the manager, with my open tent behind me. There's nothing growing, now
                    They have nothing to come at me with. I've been a perfect tenant for 8-1/2 years. Any action against me would wind up with me taking them to court. Unless, of course, they find me growing weed. Finding another place to live costs money I don't have and there's a shortage of my income housing in San Diego. But those are moot points, what with me winning a lottery, tonight and all.

• TOKABIGONE
                    TOKABIGONE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    FHA does take these kind of grievances seriously. In Oregon both the manager and the property owner can be held personally responsible for any violation of Gov policy and fined heavily and I'm sure CA is the same as it's a federal program. As a property management company all our employees had to do training classes on the regs annually and when hired. There are probably several violations here that FHA may persue.

After a little research TABO, the FHA is not the authority to contact. They do home loans. This is a HUD issue since I'm... in the income bracket I'm in. Or the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency since they pay most of my rent.

But man, it's really eating at me that I was going to let this go with a final chat. But the owner lady pretty much dared me to confront manager lady, saying I would 'harass' her. And other things I keep remembering. 'People are terrified of me.' That was a good one.

Y'know, I'm not going to be known as a harasser outside this and one other forum. If manager lady wants to admit she's a dirty, rotten liar it's up to her. As for me, I'm skipping her and filing. Thanks for the talk, TABO. You've been a big help! This dab, symbolically, is for you. Stiiizy brand Cupcakes.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                    TOKABIGONE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh yeah, Housing. Your case worker will definitely want to know all this so write out the whole damn story and file a complaint with her in writing. HUD can raise hell with an owner and employee. I have heard of fines up to $100k. At least they will most likely kick the owner off Sec 8 program so there goes her guaranteed rent money. Of course the manager will get fired and will have a tough time getting another job in the field with charges on her record. Oh yeah, you might want to start looking at other places. Again see your case worker.

My situation is somewhat precarious. I have a VA pension so long as I don't make any other money. And I have MediCal because I'm on the VA pension. If I were to win a lawsuit, I wouldn't settle for less than five times what I make, per year, tax free, for the rest of my life, the lawyers make their own deal for payment that doesn't touch my 5X, because I would lose all the funding I have.
                  Any apartment complex that might have it's Sec. 8 program revoked would mean every Sec. 8 tenant would lose out. Can't do that.
                  The manager says she is coming on ill health. She says she has developed 'the curable' type of diabetes and her family is encouraging her to retire. So sorry, I don't believe you.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                    TOKABIGONE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That manager person sounds like a compulsive liar. There is no cure for either type 1 or 2 diabetes. I'm betting she was the one who slipped the notice under the door to cover for not posting a notice on your door as well as mail one to your temp address. How would you find a notice on your door if you're not staying there. She's been trying to cover her ass from the beginning and doing a miserable job of it.

• Puglover1
                    Puglover1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My ultra-rare disease has its own, third, type of diabetes, it's not curable either.

Turns out one of my neighbors put the letter there. Good thing I never put blame on manager. I actually thought she had her daughter do it since she was with her.
                  I've learned a behavior about people when they are about to lie to me. If a person begins an answer with, 'Oh, well... I...' I know the rest will be spew.
                  The fault has been placed. The manager dropped the ball, huge, and almost got me yelling at the construction company that did exactly what they were supposed to. That's another thing that fires me up about this.
                  But the big, big, freaking big thing is the way owner treated me. I still can't figure if she was threatening or daring me to confront the manager.
                  They won't hear from me about it again until I see what my HHSA rep has to say. Of one of them tries to call me, I'm just going to tell them to mail or email me.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X