• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    For my first time it's going great ty ☺

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    They are in fabric pots no air dome. I have a airstone mixing currently but gonna start mixing with a stick once per day. I got the 30 gal reservoir and so far no salt build up. I top it off so far about 5 to 7 days and it's about a foot off the floor. time to update the thread again. Thanks for the kind words.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Very impressive Cloud you really have dialed into this system.

• Bootsy
    replied
    hey. i was given a 4 pot autopot system a couple of chritmas ago. i typically grow in homemade super soil, but this looks so cool I am about to try this winter too. hope ok if i keep checking in to see how it goes for you. no obligation at all , but a couple of questions if you get a chance- are you using air domes ? are you mixing the solution occasionally in the tank somehow? What size reservoir are you using - and will be interested in how often you end up filling as it goes on? how high do you have the reservoir mounted? Good luck, and they look awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Good growing to you. Please keep this updated.

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks glad system is working so far.

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    60% coco 50% perlite and using gh trio. As far as salt build up its suppose to rise to the top of the medium and be harmless. So far no salt build up on pots and trays don't have any either. Water in tray does look a bit funky but I have yet to clean them. Weekly cleanings of trays will be required going forward. One reason I got autopots so I didn't have to deal with runoff. I have nowhere to dump it. Stopped doing dwc because of same issues.

• kingfish
    commented on 's reply
    Cloud, your plants are looking awesome.

• Ckbrew
    replied
    To clarify, you are growing in coco/perlite not soil correct? I am interested to see how this method turns out. It looks like a DTW system with out the W. Which brings up the issue of nutrient salts building up in the pot which is why we always use the W and ensure runoff. Do you ever drain the auto pot tray at the bottom or flush the pots? Any sign of excessive TDS in the bottom tray or mineral crystals forming on the outside of the pots?

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Thats pretty good growth for only 12 days.

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Got such good growth in less than two weeks. Their about a month old at this point but only in autopots for 12 days or so.

• PLreef
    replied
    Damn those look good! I've been considering the auto pot system for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    replied
    Gonna flip these ladies to flower in 5-7 days and get more training in. I mainifolded 5 of them but one grew mutated and stunted so only got topped. One of them is also taller but should work out OK I have a lot of different size leds.

so far I'm liking the hands off watering and have more time to be lazy and get stoned. I slacked a lot with lst while manifolding but looks good so far.

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    replied
    Finally got auto pots hooked up properly today. For almost a week I was hand watering in each pot. Growing slower than I wanted but still looks good. Going to flip to flower in October ish.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    An irrigation system that works off float valves and gravity.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X