Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...when do YOU start counting the weeks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...when do YOU start counting the weeks???

Stupid question #1 that I have been wondering since the beginning...and according to my calendar I am TWELVE AND ONE-HALF WEEKS into my first indoor AutoFem grow ever.

So, when do you start counting weeks/
    • the day you drop the seed into a glass of water?
    • the day the seed cracks open with a tiny root?
    • the day you plant it into the soil [medium]?
    • the day the seedling pops a leaf?

WHEN????

Now it must be obvious why I ask that however it also has to do with where I am at now.
    the AK47 flowers are still telling me that some pistils are brown and some "white" while the nodes are still clear.
    Photos attached.
    The Gorilla Glue 44 is coming up fast behind the AK.
    But this is still 12 weeks????

Then the 2 Grandaddy Purples and one Amnesia; these are barely starting to form pistils and colas...way behind the other plants and certainly WAY behind the timeline!

What are your thoughts on this?
    I will post my setup but you need to know that I'm only running 100watt LEDs and my thoughts are that because the lights are not that intense that I'VE CAUSED THEM TO SLOW DOWN THEIR GROWTH???
    Also, I've added two 36w Red blubs that are staying on 24/7 while I've kept my autofems on an 18/6 schedule.

Any thoughts folks...it's ALWAYS appreciated.
      • a 12x48x72 tent
      • Abriselux A1000 LED dimmable w/High PPFD 100watt
      • Four-5 gallon bags (two GrandDaddy Purple Fems, one Auto Amnesia Fem, and one Auto Gorilla Glue Fem)
      • One -7 gallon for my one Auto AK-47.
      • The room is full, WAS manageable.
      • One 6" fan on the floor interior.
      • Two small 3" clip-on fans.
      • A small 2300 c/f Mini Dehumidifier.
      • A GrowAce 6" fan with a carbon filter.
    • Have added 2 - 8.5" reflector lamps and two RED 36W equivalent bulbs for the rest of the cycle.
    I use tap water that has been bubbled for 24 hours. And use a Vivosun pH & TDS meter sticks.
    Using
    General Hyros Up & Down. Botanicare's Cal-Mag, Grow & Bloom.
    Bought ILGM's germ to bloom pack of supplements and a bag of RECHARGE.

As I have continued to own up to starting wrong from the start with a 50/50 of Miracle Grow Potting soil & Coco coir so I have been fighting nutrient issues from the beginning but it appears to be sort of under control as you will see in the photos. I think it will be OK.

Finally, since my exuberance caused me to plant 2 plants too many I am working my LST while trimming shade leaves to make room and give the girls some room.
    It helps that I've grown tomatoes my whole life...the training of the plant is similar.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by javabob; 08-25-2021, 07:23 PM.

Autos count from the day they sprout above dirt. That’s day 1. In my little experience with autos most take around 100 days give or take from sprout.

Photos I start counting as day 1 when I actually see the beginning of a flower with bright green centers on the colas.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 08-25-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Sorry but I don't bother with that anymore - only thing that counts to me is the percentage of amber trichomes showing.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        At the end that’s all that matters.

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        Especially with auto's.
        On photos, I start when I get pistals.
        Bottom line, they're done when they're done.

Well i do keep track but only cause i can't remember well LOL When i see first budlet on auto flower then i don't care till it's done or suppose to be close to it. I keep track of when i begin 18/6 just for photos and watch how they grow so i can flip to 12/12 if i like the size of them. Then i look at when i begin 12/12 count the weeks till i see first hairs wait for the budlets then again i take note of those budlets see if it's taking as long as seed strain says. Then i can curse at them an twist an top them.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Only reason I even keep track of photos is because I grow the same strains and it gives me a good estimate of when they’ll be done. With autos it lets be know how far off the breeders are lol

True word bboyfromwayback same thoughts with the autos LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm growing autos this time, I let the amber tell me when.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          LMAO TOKABIGONE You crack me up sir. I said to myself why keeping a calendar when autos don't give a damn about photoperiod timeline non ? I've got a garden to harvest for wife, I lost my corns because of the heat, my pumpkins are orange a bit earlier this year, the Italian tomato are ripping like crazy and yes my apples also are out of control.

The good news is the cool weather is coming back next week. Finally !! I can't take this heat anymore.

So yes I believe in climat change.

Sooo when is your project start ?
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 08-26-2021, 02:55 PM.

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Not soon enough my friend! Around the 6th I'm thinking. The only reason I will check the calendar is to be sure my new photos are ready to transplant as the autos finish. So far in my Landrace search I've located Sativa regular seeds for Nepal Annapurna, Lebanese, Moroccan Hash, Malawi and Kona. A couple of central american strains are out of stock but I'm on alert status and I can wait as I'll have a couple years of growing just getting pure back bred seeds to experiment with. I think seeded buds are just as good as sensi. The only draw back I know is when you miss one and it blows your joint apart when it pops! Lots of possibilities when you're not just growing someone else's experiment, ya know?

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          TOKABIGONE Mag Landrace is an Iranian indica, Wild Thai is sativa 'landrace', both have seeds available for sale. I bought WT seeds in January, found Mag seeds fairly recently.

I used to keep track alot more when I first started. I have a calendar that I write down when the plant germinated and then make a note on it when it starts to flower.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I only asked because of the nutrient factors, of course in the end it is up to whatever the girls are telling you. That is where the saying "happy wife, happy life" in grow as well as in reality.
          But could someone, w/o snark, give me their opinion on whether a stronger amount of light wattage would help to shorten the grow time on autos?
          Of course, they probably would enjoy more light even though my tent has been closer to running at the 80-degree area no matter how much I crank the A/C or add a fan or two more.
          But in this topic...does more light SHORTEN or have NO EFFECT on the length of time to harvest???
          OR....does it just affect yield and not time???

This question is posed with the thought of diminishing returns,i.e. if the cost of going bigger with LED lights is warranted to shorten the grow time and therefore shortening the amount of time & lowering electricity costs.
          I cannot think of a better way to clarify this question. Thanks.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
            • a 12x48x72 tent
            • Abriselux A1000 LED dimmable w/High PPFD 100watt
            • Four-5 gallon bags (two GrandDaddy Purple Fems, one Auto Amnesia Fem, and one Auto Gorilla Glue Fem)
            • One -7 gallon for my one Auto AK-47.
            • The room is full, WAS manageable.
            • One 6" fan on the floor interior.
            • Two small 3" clip-on fans.
            • A small 2300 c/f Mini Dehumidifier.
            • A GrowAce 6" fan with a carbon filter.
          • Have added 2 - 8.5" reflector lamps and two RED 36W equivalent bulbs for the rest of the cycle
          Last edited by javabob; 08-28-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Nope. Why would more light reduce the time it takes for a plant to harvest? More light can be good to increase yield and bud density tho

Comment

Thanks, Click image for larger version

Name:	20210830_191336.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	534824 folks! So far...so good......grow big, grow home!!!!

Comment

Never count weeks a plant will be done when it's done. Get a jeweler's loop or microscope trichomes will let you know when to harvest. The breeders recommended flower time is always short

Comment

On the heat thing, I've been putting Powerade, 28 oz bottles, of frozen water in my closet. They really help, I keep 4 frozen and 2 in the closet, switch them out as needed. Hopefully not for much longer.
                  Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                  Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                  Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                  Various size fabric grow bags
                  Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                  4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                  Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

First of all, you need to purchase high-quality and good seeds. They should be uniform in color, without visible damage or signs of illness. Due attention should be paid to watering and fertilizing marijuana: watering, as well as sowing, should be done in the morning, fertilizing with nutrients – at least once a week. All the tools you can buy at https://weedofficials.com/. I always get all the staff there. The main condition for a good harvest is choosing the right planting period. Hemp seeds are delicate and do not tolerate low temperatures too well, so if the weather is not too stable, it is better to wait. Marijuana cultivation will be successful if you make a landing when the soil warms up to 10 degrees Celsius.
                    Last edited by Eraldert; 10-06-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL There is no time frame in doing what you say Eraldert it doesn't matter what time of day you ferilize or sow your MJ seed. Besides this is a old post.

There is no specific time frame, it's all generalization for time. The minute I begin sprouting seeds until they pop for planting can take 2-3 days. Once planted it can take 2-5 day to break soil. Once soil is broken from here I count 8 weeks for vegging. After 8 weeks I give 1 week for transition to flower, then from here it a "general time span" (60-75 days depending on what you are growing) Another 8-10 weeks for Indica (roughly) and 10-12 weeks for Sativa (roughly). Look at your trichomes and at least 75% hairs curled in this is approximate time to harvest, and the general look of the buds. Hope this helps...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X