No announcement yet.

Why's my durban poison not flowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Why's my durban poison not flowering?

Hi there folks - I'm looking for a little guidance. I'm a first time grower and really just having fun with it. I've got three plants in the ground - 2 durban poison and 1 strawberry cough - all feminized photosensitive. The Strawberry cough has already been flowering for a few weeks now - and except for me accidentally burning the leaves with ill timed foliar spray, its doing just fine. but the durban poison just keeps growing and growing and growing... and doesnt seem to want to flower. one of them is over 8feet tall at this point and it still doesnt seem to want to flower. Is there something I can do? will it eventually just turn? is it ever possible that it just gets too late and the flowers don't have time to fully develop before winter? just wondering if anyone has any wisdom to share. thanks!

Durban poison is supposed to be Sativa. Sativa flowers later in the season. I have a Malawi Panama cross that is not in flower yet. No problem for me because I live in the southern desert. It should be ready sometime late Oct to mid Nov. If you live up north with early frost you are probably not gonna get much mature bud.

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      beautiful plant hope you get a harvest.

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Ever get a handle on your bug problems when growing outdoors? The small ones that live in the roots. I believe it was some type of underground aphids.

Thanks Dan -- i guess maybe the bright side is that I may have actually gotten a real sativa seed i'm not too far North -- in general do I have to harvest before the first frost or can the plants withstand a little frost in late october/november? according to the oracles of the internet the first frost date for where I live is october 30th

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodmorning DrGoose your family is very loud in the early mornings around our place LOL meaning we've got dozens of geese if not in the hundreds of geese flying and nesting at our place year round !! OK now back to your grow..........welcome to GWE. I've grown durban poison yes she's a very long grow and you've hit the jackpot with yours. Nothing other than covering will change her ways, light deprevation gotta read about that. I've had to place a EZup canopy over mine in late fall till late Oct. years past. I now grow indica dominant strains a tad quicker to finish outdoors but still iffy in PNW (Oregon) This is what i've learned and you will also. Heavy shaded prolongs the grow, nice to hide them but........bend the very top down, thin it out of over grown leaf an tiny branches create air space.

Sativa can take cold better than frost. I had some not ready till Dec. last year. I had several frosts and used a cover on them. Got down to 29 one night and not a problem with a frost cover.

Comment

excellent -- that seems easy enough so long as this thing doesnt get much taller... thanks for the advice

Comment

actually i have another question - desertdan -- with a plant this size do you think it will be able to support itself once flowering, or am i going to have to rig something to keep the branching upright?

Comment

With Sativa usually not but that is a huge plant and should be some monster buds, so not sure. good luck.

Comment

One can simply get out there before sunrise and wash the frost off with a garden hose, yes we dont like wet on buds but. Once the sunshine touches them they will be burned.

Comment

I grow out doors a light frost won't hurt ur plants u might have to tie the bigger buds up my sativa has not started blooming yet I did major defoliation in front of this hurricane rain and high winds can cause damage I wanted to lighten the load

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X