What's up in SoCal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up in SoCal?

hello my Friends, I stuck a clone in the ground in May, and here it is Late august, and she is barely flowering. I have grown in that exact spot two years age, and by mid Sept. harvested a pound of weed? anyone else noticing late flowering?

I've been growing in Southern California for more years than I like to admit and my experience is that strain plays a significant role in maturity. Currently I have some indica OG Kush that are in bud and sativa plants that are just beginning flower. Really I have plants that are in just about every phase. Yours look healthy and happy so be thankful for that and eventually they'll do their thing. Last year i had some plants go until November.

Comment

thanks for the reply crucialbunny. i typically grow indoors, but I cloned 4 plants, and all 4 are growing. the other 3 are in 5 gal fabric pots. seems like whether i gown indoor or outdoors in pots, my plant always have an issue of turning yellow. i use foxfarms ocean forest soil, and the trio, for nutes, along with black strap molasses. any thoughts?

Comment

Yellowing leaves are typical when plants begin flower and bud. It's just a natural part of healthy plants utilizing leaf nutrients. At some point it looks like yours may have done a little re-veg. Not unusual for clones that came from a mother that was close to flower. Higher temperature fluctuation can also be a trigger. Looks to me like you'll get some nice dense buds at harvest.

Comment

you're exact right, the mother was starting to flower when i defoliated her, and made the clones. the mother was grown indoors from seed. she net 8oz +10g dried. aghfan kush.

Comment

Where I reside they have started bringing in water from somewhere else (guessing LA). My nice green healthy ladies are really struggling now. Water is a touch above 7 pH.........doing a slurry from a handful of soil to see what's doin there. Got some pH down/up and a little test bottle.....but I have no idea how much of it to use.
            Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

hello floopydoop, i'm in the OC, and my tap water is around 8.3. i have a PH pen, they are $12 on amazon.. i have two 5 gal water bottles, i fill and let sit open for 48 hours, to bleed out the chlorine. every time i go to costco, i ask the pharmacist, for an infant syringe, and they give me one. it's marked in ML, to get my tap water down to 6.5, I use 1.75ML per gal, of ph down, let it sit for 10mins, then test it with the PH pen. vert close every time. wheres your pics, love to see your girls.

Comment

• Floopydoop
                Floopydoop commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeeez! Yeah it's been fine up to the last few weeks. There's some pics in the show your grow and lets grow trees threads. I would rather not show off what they look like right now, I really effed up the "heat" diagnosis which was pH. Should have listened to all the people that stress pH is one of the most important things to have under control. Never stop learning, that's for sure.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X