Can't get pH right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get pH right

First of all, I'm new at this, I started off to root rot I think. I was over watering and was told to put into small solo cup to dry out and get the roots growing..then found that my soil is very alkaline and I have been trying not to water so much but I needed to lower the pH.. so I mixed up a batch of acidic water and watered the plants with that..I let it sit for a while and rechecked the pH and it is still low . What do I do without watering my plants to their death ☠️

The one on the right is slightly older..

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      No one will be able to help without knowing what is in that soil other than the clearly visible tree bark. Give us some information about your grow and many folks here will be happy to offer suggestions. Going by photos alone I would say you can't balance because there is way too much bark in there and nothing to aid in drainage.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      If you read the bag you'll see that it is for amending ground soil and is not manufactured for potting. Big big difference.

1000watt led light ..closet growing..got light raised to 24" distance

Comment

Caritha, I see you are new to this site. Welcome. You need to read the grow manual at GrowWeedEasy.com. We are pleased to assist those who assist themselves. Most your questions can be answered on the site. Once you have read the site, you will have a better idea of what questions to ask and what information is important.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Ph low is acidic, pH high is alkaline. "I needed to lower the pH.. so I mixed up a batch of acidic water and watered the plants with that..I let it sit for a while and rechecked the pH and it is still low ." - Acid lowers the pH. I'm not following - is your run-off water's pH low?
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X