Alcohol free tincture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol free tincture

Is there an alcohol free tincture? Or would that be RSO?
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 08-16-2021, 05:09 PM.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I think I read about using glycerin instead of alcohol for tinctures somewhere in one of my grow books just last week.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw something about that UGF. Just a snippet. My question arose from seeing that and wondering about absorption vs alcohol. Is it a drop or two of glycerin under the tongue?
      Maybe I should go google that again. Save you the trouble.

You could make a glycerine tincture. Several ways to do it. Technically, a tincture by definition (in the pharmaceutical world) contains ethanol, but many people are not aware of that. But no need to split hairs. Ethanol free can be done.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You know what's weird? Now that you mention this I've made my own vanilla extract for years and that dioesn't bother my pancreas but canna-tincture did.

Gingerbeard - A glycerine tincture will not be as concentrated as an ethanol based tincture. The solubility of THC in glycerine is low and it really doesn't solve well. The dose usually winds up as a dropperful per dose under the tongue. The plus is that the glycerine acts as a carrier and increases the rate of adsorption. Let me know if you want details.
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 08-16-2021, 06:59 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thanks, Ckbrew . I don't plan on going anywhere with this. It's more of some bit of trivia I might be able to use down the line. Put it in my drug files. I would be coming at it with decarbed, cured resin. Glycerin and resin don't sound right.
      Come to think of it, I don't care for glycerin. It tastes funny and has a nasty aftertaste.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

You can decarb then soak the weed in MCT oil for 5 days shake it daily strain through a metal strainer. Use 5 ML dropper to dose. About an eighth to a quarter cup is of MCT is of average strength.

Comment

After a few more googles I found glycerin based tinctures are good for mixing with food as a ready concentrate, food additive. It doesn't get cooked into goods as cannabutter. Like adding a THC shot to your morning coffee.
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X