Beware of scam seed seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of scam seed seller

Beware of someone claiming to be Nebula Haze trying to sell you seeds from her Instagram account or growweedseasy.com I just got off the phone with Amazon because they wanted gift cards as payment though them and they told me that they were a Nigerian scam company so I immediately canceled the gift card. Let's see if this post stays up.

Crazy first post guess it counts as not cannabis related? Either way thanks for the heads up but I wouldn’t trust anyone saying some shit like that. Nebula doesn’t promote selling seeds or anything under her name or Sirius. It clearly says on her Instagram page beware of fake GWE pages.

Comment

No I I'm a new grower so I don't have much to offer. The offer came from someone using her picture and the address growweedeasy.com on Instagram and the growweedeasy.com email address. When I went to pay Amazon is the one that told me it's a Nigerian scam company as they wanted Googleplay gift cards through Amazon. If you know Nebula personally you need to make her aware that she this has happened perhaps she has been hacked. I have no means of communicating with her that doesn't lead me back to that company.

Comment

Hey NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside . I think this person want's to tell you something.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

That should get their attention.

Comment

Sadly, this is a problem that Instagram (IG) isn't willing to help fix. Nebula and I have been getting these scammers shut down for well over a year (dozens of IG and PayPal accounts), but they just make new accounts with slightly different names. The only way we can catch them is to continually search for fake versions of our IG account and report them. Even then, IG doesn't always remove them. That's actually the main reason we don't do IG anymore.

It's not just us either. There's a scam version of almost every seed vendor including Seedsman, MSNL, Nirvana, Ethos, and there are also scam accounts for people who just talk about growing such as Mr. Canuck. I've spoken to a few of these people in our position and they're having the same luck getting the scammers shut down. Since the scammers are in a different country, there's nothing we can legally do unless Instagram decides to start helping. I've considered hiring someone who just checks and reports these scammers, but it's wasted effort if IG doesn't actually shut the accounts down consistently.

Unfortunately, we live in a pro-scammer world. Just be aware we don't sell seeds (or anything) and report any fake IG account you see. If they send you payment info, make sure to report their PayPal account, too. You might save someone from being scammed.

How to report a scam account on Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/192435014...elpref=related
            How to report a scam account on Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...paypal-faq2422

Just for reference:

Comment

This popped up a few hours ago on the BBC. Great timing.

Who is TikTok’s masked vigilante? - BBC News
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                TOKABIGONE commented
                Editing a comment
                Ain't it kinda crazy that it is becoming more dangerous to go on the internet highway than it is to get in your car and take the freeway? I'm all for the vigilantism. if that would solve the problem. There is good in all people but there is also an evil side which seeks to lie, cheat and steal or deride and torture others that may not be as fortunate as we. Unfortunately there are so many of these bastards that if the US government were to focus solely on it we would still lose.

Facebook owns IG. Facebook uses bots to fact check and 'spank' accts. They are wrong more often than they're correct. I rue the day FB bought IG. Personally, I'd like to see more cannabis accts on Twitter.
              Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
              Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
              Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
              Various size fabric grow bags
              Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
              4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
              Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I reported them for you. Hope it does some good. I should quit IG I quit Facebook years ago. I'm just grateful they screwed up.

Just rechecked the address if you want to take any action its
                GrowWeedEasy.com_._.
                on IG
                Last edited by In4alook2; 08-15-2021, 01:02 AM.

Comment

In4alook2 look at the last five words of Siriusfouside's comment #6 above.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Well I don't feel so gullible anymore Gingerbeard. Far be it for me to tell Nebula how to run her website but if I were getting people pretending to be me scamming people that visit her website I would put a disclaimer on the seed bank page letting people know that she doesn't sell seeds. I know at least for me that would have been beneficial. It's quite long so something that catches the eye perhaps in a couple of places would keep others from falling into their trap in the future. Just a suggestion.

Comment

• SiriusFourside
                      SiriusFourside commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's a good idea. We'll add a warning to the seed bank page.

• Gingerbeard
                      Gingerbeard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Change! Power of the people!

I have been investing in Tar and Feather futures for quite some time. I think the desire for these commodities will really start booming.
                    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                    5 gallon cloth pots
                    30"x30"x60" tent
                    Spider Farmer SE3000
                    Coco Pearlite mix
                    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Catfish22
                      Catfish22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nah just hit em together. It's a diesel/wet chicken kinda buzz.

• Gingerbeard
                      Gingerbeard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't often smoke chicken.

• DeadlyFruit
                      DeadlyFruit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’ve eaten smoked chicken but I didn’t get a buzz 😢

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X