Way to hot and humid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to hot and humid

76*F, 91% RH. at 07:00. Only supposed to get hotter today up to 92* and 58% RH. Not good. Someone said, good thing we do not live in the tropics it would be this way every day. How the heck do they grow in Thailand? Must be the genetics. 8 weeks to go to finish the current crop before winter takes it all back and starts to freeze me out.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Yes i think your correct with Thailand strains addapted to enviornment
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      It's local,,, Meaning pure landrace beans thrives in their own environment. Would you be more happy living in a cold climat like I do lollll

I am looking at 81*F first thing this morning, high expected around 100* with 80% RH and fells like temps of near 112*. My outside day is over by noon, I just cant handle the heat the way I did 20 years ago. Only 3 or 4 more weeks of it and the temps drop, I'm ready for it.

Comment

• soonboomer
      soonboomer commented
      Editing a comment
      The wind has been brutal here all week. Gusts up to 60mph forecast for later today. We've got chances for rain every day for a week after Saturday and high temps back down in the high 80's. Plants have really been drinking water.

We have not had the blazing summers of the past. This year it's all about rain. Even so, the temps in my tent are always between 82-85 degrees with a 50-60% humidity. I am running my lights at night to help keep the temp down. But, on a twelve twelve schedule, the time frame for working with the plants is limited.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Ckbrew seasons are a challenge here as well, leaves are already turning. I've gone the forcing flower route.
      Indoor/outdoor GG #4 grow, now 25 days since "flipping" and 29" tall (lol). I have been going with 12 1/2 hrs of daylight as opposed to 12hrs and the plant seems to love it.
      Going to be near 90 here and high humidity today. Fortunately my lonely girl is transportable
      All the best, stay cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5189.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	530579

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5191.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	530580
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good. I did the plant in the wagon thing last year- in sun, in garage, repeat.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm just staring at that deck shot this morning what a beautiful picture. Careful with that GG#4 ( course i'm a light weight when it comes to heavy THC ) I sit outdoors with one i rolled me the dogs and cats watching the wildlife pass by our place. Life is but a dream never take what you have for granted, nature finds a way to heal.

Well that GG#4 is sure pretty GreenState sure hope mine fills out as well as yours. It's just a smoky hot day here i guess we'll have it till late fall rains happen now. Mine are saggy outdoors overnight but they look fine just taking there own slow time forming buds. I sure have been enjoying my GG from the last tent grow.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys (and gals ) She's beginning to give off that gorilla glue stank (g). We're going for sit in front of the woodstove ,couch lock wake me up in the spring winter weed (ha,ha).

That is a beautiful, picture perfect plant!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I am used to the heat here in the summer. Last summer was one for the record books and no rain. This year another for the record books but opposite. We have over 14 inches rain so far and more to come. Tropical storm season comes in another month. The humidity this summer has been continuous and we are not used to it. Mosquitos are horrible and we are not used to that at all. we have toads everywhere. from the size of small flies to the size of a small dog. The big ones are Colorado river toads . Some nuts lick them to get high. The small ones are called spadefoot. There rare so many it is hard to walk around without stepping on them. They range in size from fly to about golf ball size. I got 30 out of my pool this morning. Green desert and then Spadefoot toad. Last picture is my Royal gorilla.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sire the desert looks just beautiful. I love toads and frogs

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          We have bull frogs here, MMMmmmmMMM fried frog legs! But if you dont remove the tendon they'll jump out right out of the pan.

95 degrees, 47% RH and breezy here in Oklahoma City today. Plants really stacking buds and handling things well. Zookies, Romulan and Bruce Banner. Good growing to all!

Comment

Went to get water from the spring, not now, its going back into the ground before it gets here. I need rain and this storm coming into the gulf is not going to deliver for me.

Comment

Last night was the first that temps got as low as the mid 60's and the humidity was really high with no wind........dead air. Put a couple of fans on the potted girls on the back porch.......the ones planted in the ground in the far corners of my yard will have to fend for themselves. Trying to fend off any mold/mildew/but rot before it starts. Worm activity has picked up a bit, but managing to keep them plucked off. It's never easy.

Comment

Got into the 40s here last night. Winter says "I'ma knock knock knocking on your door"
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I could use a few nights in the mid-50s to help with coloring up my late-flowering ladies. Oh yes, and we could get by with half the humidity easily.
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X