1st grow, hoping it’s nitrogen toxicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! 1st grow, hoping it’s nitrogen toxicity

Looks like ph issue or nute lockout but dont know what setup is. The bronze spots is calcium deficiency (either due to lack of calcium or ph issues). The rest just doesnt look happy which is why i suspect either nute lock, ph issues or root rot. Does not look like nitrogen tox. look at this to get some help https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures

Comment

Thank you! Id been trying to diagnose it but wasn’t sure of that or a nitrogen issue (probably both). It’s just in some Debco potting soil (best I could find on quick notice) i can see the roots in the drainage holes they’re all good, no smell or anything in runoff water. I’ve been flushing for a the last few days hoping to remedy and didn’t want to add anything else in case it was to late into the flowering

Comment

Hey Wavyporridge . You have all the nutrient and pH issues there are. It's a common thing when you're in late flowering, as you seem to be. There isn't much of anything you can do, at this point. Your leaves will not improve and will more than likely fall off. Someone correct me but I don't think they've stopped photosynthesizing. As late as you are, don't give nitrogen. You don't care about growing new leaves and none will be grown. 'twere they mine, I'd only worry about pH'd molasses water and no nutes.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I just did a a manual ph test and it came out around the 6 range, I’d been adding some molasses when I was watering it a few weeks ago but stopped when I switched to distilled water to flush it. I was just about to go get some CalMag to try and give her a boost at this point I just don’t want to lose what buds have started to develop thank you!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            CalMag would be superfluous and need to be flushed.
            I give molasses up until the last watering. No flushing.
            Curious about your distilled water. Do you pH? I've heard DW is almost poison for plants as they don't have anything for the plant to use.

Sorry I said distilled but its demineralised water. Id read it was neutral PH when fresh but usually more like 6 which is what I want yea?

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            In soil no. Ph around 6.5 (6.2-6.3 at least) is better or you wont be able to absorb calcium. check this diagram for proper ph range https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...-marijuana.jpg

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Not related to your subject Wavyporridge but I started to trip when I saw your avatar name. I sat in a circle a couple of times with Wavygravy, Ken Babbs and a couple other Pranksters at Ken Kesey's farm in Pleasant Hill Oregon. As I recall Kesey was in Cali at the time fighting charges related to lsd. Very trippy people! Didn't get to really trip (lsd) with them but wanted too!

Edit: There was no Electric Kool Aid offered, just joints, a jar of shine and some wine going around.
            Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 08-11-2021, 10:04 AM.

Damn, okay thank you so much I was getting scared that I had some sort of fungus or something. So I should raise PH of soil? Like I said she’s my first real attempt at a grow and I kind of just chucked it into what I thought was the best soil I could find. The genetics of it have really saved me there’s still heaps of bud sights. She’s going a bit slower than anticipated

Comment

TOKABIGONE buddy! I think we need to hi-jack this conversation for a minute.

My Wavy Gravy story is from back at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina, December '90 or January '91. I was in basic training for the holidays and someone decided to treat us maggot puke sacks of questionable genealogy and Jerry Springer guest demographics, to a concert. I had no idea who these people were. But it was a great break, what with Desert Shield and Storm going around. Good times. One of our DI's brought in a console style old TV for us to watch CNN. I'll tell y'all whatall goes on in a room of 60, mostly young, mean, green, testosterone machines when they watch a war in progress. There's a bunch of hootin' and hollerin', followed by an uncomfortable silence, ending with god praying before lights out.

100 hours later, it was over.

There was someone else. Someone... umm... Oh! The Godfather of Soul, James Brown! Again, someone I had never heard of, other than Eddie Murphy getting hot in the hot tub. He was doing community service for some James Brown thing he did. His show was a little late because his hairdryer caught on fire. Or something caught on fire. I remember hearing it was the hairdryer.

James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub Party - SNL - YouTube
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry Gingerbeard I'm missing the Wavygravy connection here but maybe you be a little young to know. Ever read "The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test" by Tom Wolfe?

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Your WG mention took me back to basic and the great groove that was that evening. As if someone mentioned James Brown.
              I've never read EKAAT but am familiar with the journey. Hallucinogens' were never my thing. The couple times I've done mushrooms, the demons came out.

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine was in 1974 so 5 years after the Magic Bus trip to Woodstock. Kesey and Babbs were working on a little underground newsletter and came to my print shop several times and I delivered finished print to the farm more than once. Think I was there 3 times and they got me totally wrecked twice. I don't remember why Wavy was there but he and the Pranksters were working on some kind of production.

Wait, have you been feeding it nutes during flower? I didnt see anything about your feeding it anything, just water and molasses. If you have not been feeding it then that could be an issue. I dont know much about your soil but i did see that it is controlled release which is not good for cannabis. I suggest next time getting some better soil for cannabis and feed it during flower. You may want to look at the tutorials on the main site. They can get you the info you need to grow good bud.
            Just getting started or want to improve your knowledge? This link guide helps you navigate through both beginner-friendly and ultra-advanced growing marijuana tutorials!

Comment

Yea I didn’t understand how bad the extended release could be til it was coming out of its veg stage, unfortunately I’m pretty limited to whatever I can get at Bunnings at the moment. The only thing I’ve given it so far is a little bit of Seasol and the molasses. I just checked the PH for tap water where I am and it’s 7.45-7.9 thereabouts so I’m going to get some pH lower and hope it’s not to far gone again thank you so much!

Comment

• Wavyporridge
                Wavyporridge commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn’t want to do overdue it with nutes or use the wrong ones so I just fell back on the genetics of the seed

Beware tap water has chemicals in it like chlorine or chloramine, both can be killed with lemon juice which is also acidic and will lower the PH in your water. I like to let it set for 12 hours to make sure its stable.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X