Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No3odiesShad0w
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I can't grow tall in my grow area so I've been curious about the autoflowering ones. Especially since they don't grow tall.

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    There are many reasons why different strains have different flower periods. Genetics is a big one...what longitude did the dominant strain originate for number of hours of light per day as well as intensity. So light is a big deal in how long a plant will veg or begin to flower. Short duration/High intensity vs Long duration/lower intensity. Autoflowers came about by crossing an Indica and/or a Sativa with a Ruderalis hemp plant from northern Siberia which had very few weeks to grow, flower and seed.

Breeders estimates of flower period and the time it takes in your room are determined by two very different environments in every way. Do you have a 50x100x25 ft grow space with 1000's of watts of power and light? Gotta wear shades!

Me and my little Sativa Auto Maui ladies are going to bask in 24 hours of light their whole life. Think about it, they don't need a dark period to flower but they do need a LOT OF LIGHT to grow strong and quick with a healthy production of extra sweet fruit!

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I start counting once I actually see a flower form, seems to be more accurate with a 8-10wk flowing schedule nutrient wise. Unless you’re flowering a clone from a mother that you’ve flowered before the timing is unpredictable. Too often 2 seeds from the same package will produce plants that look nothing alike. The final product will ttaste and smell the same in the end but they’ll grow completely different

• No3odiesShad0w
    replied
    One other question. How in the hell is Flowering period calculated? Here is a link with some info about the one strain I know I have; Spiritual Punk
    Spiritual Punk is an indica hybrid especially suited for those looking for a reprieve from stress. This lady is easy to grow and tastes of citrus.

It says 7-8 weeks flowering time. The last time it was flowering almost 4 months (granted I stunted it not on purpose) but even then, with previous strains. The recorded flowering times don't match up with what I'm seeing. I know it's not started when you switch to 12/12 but when DO you start counting? When the first 2 hairs appear? or when actual flowers start to develop? I mean, I'm still going to use the trichrome method to determine when it's ready since I got the jewelers lobe. No more early harvests for me. Who knows maybe this time I'll get good results since I'm working with the right stuff. Maybe flowering will only take 8 weeks? We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• No3odiesShad0w
    replied
    Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone that gave great info. I see where I went wrong and was looking for the problems in the wrong spots. Just small changes and it shows. So thanks again everyone's been super helpful.

Leave a comment:

• No3odiesShad0w
    commented on 's reply
    things are comming along much better now that i have good up to date info. i have books and pdf of books from like the 80s and all the up to date grow tips for the 20th century lolololol like i menti8oned above with my budget atm i bought a Spider farmer SP 2000 light. Should be in tomorrow. I'm hoping ill have better results instead of cotton balls

• No3odiesShad0w
    commented on 's reply
    they flower fine ....its only about halfway through flowering it seems like growth gets stunted and then when its way past their bloom date thats when they finally start bulking up but the rest of the plant is dying......insufficient light was also an issue. That's probably why all the bottoms would die off so fast not enough light im hoping the SP 2000 light will be good enough for one plant while the other gets the marshydro light

• No3odiesShad0w
    commented on 's reply
    No tent. Just using my exta bedroom atm. Budget is tight to get new stuff. Just purchased Spider Farmer SF-2000 lights since my MarsHydro TS 600 was way too weak. i thought i was getting close to a 600w hps bulb.....apparently i was working with about 150W. waaaaayyy too little for what i was attempting to do. Now ill have one light per plant. hopefully better results.. thanks to everyone here looks like i solved my stretch issue. but that will be in my grow journal thread

• No3odiesShad0w
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah i already looking into fox farm soil and others Def changing up for my next grow.

• No3odiesShad0w
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah i did some digging and found that the miracle gro is releasing nitrogen while in bloom so i'm going to switch soil for the next grow

• Jebidiah
    commented on 's reply
    I remember reading somewhere miracle grow would cause problems later in the grow with nutrients being time released.

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Here is a start for lights.

Want to grow cannabis faster and better? Discover the best LED grow lights for cannabis in 2023, based on detailed reviews and comparisons by actual growers. Then learn how to use these LED grow lights to get big yields, fast growth, and high levels of THC.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Well said Grouchy

• grouchyoldman
    replied
    Hi @No3odiesShad0w, thanks for sharing your problems and elaborating on your growing method. Everyone benefits from this kind of communal problem solving and, as you can tell from the responses, GWE thrives on the delivery of (hopefully) useful advice.

With regards to your grow light questions, I'd offer the links below. The first is an excellent overview of cannabis lighting from a true expert, Dr. Bruce Bugbee, a familiar name for those interested in the subject.
    Dr. Bruce Bugbee debunks myths and answers FAQs on grow lights for cannabis based on his research so far at Utah State University's Crop Physiology Lab (see ...

The second link puts Dr. Bugbee's knowledge to work by doing comprehensive grow light reviews. The link is for a specific light, ViparSpectra XS1500, which is one example of a cost-effective light that is capable of producing excellent results growing a single plant. You are in luck because this is only one of many state of the art LED growlights currently available. I'd suggest you explore the site for all the options.
    ViparSpectra XS 1500 independent grow light test by Dr MJ Coco. XS Series Review, Video, PAR map, PPF & PPFD, Efficiency, Hanging Height, Harvest Potential

As a final contribution to all the other advice you've been offered I'd like to add that nothing trumps great genetics. The best money you can spend is on a good strain from a reputable seedbank. Friends don't let friends grow bagseed!

Regards,

-Grouchy

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I agree with the others on the light, soil and nutes.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X