No announcement yet.

I need some tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size tent are you running? And what's you budget for lights?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      No tent. Just using my exta bedroom atm. Budget is tight to get new stuff. Just purchased Spider Farmer SF-2000 lights since my MarsHydro TS 600 was way too weak. i thought i was getting close to a 600w hps bulb.....apparently i was working with about 150W. waaaaayyy too little for what i was attempting to do. Now ill have one light per plant. hopefully better results.. thanks to everyone here looks like i solved my stretch issue. but that will be in my grow journal thread

IMO you need to get rid of the Miracle Grow soil. Move to Happy Frog or FFOF, and add some perlite to get a well draining soil that will let the roots breathe the whole grow. Also switch to a fabric pot.

For nutes, Technaflora has simple recipes that work every time. $60 bucks and you'll get two-three grows: https://www.amazon.com/Technaflora-R...s%2C163&sr=8-6

That should help you get past your current blocker where the plants are dying off as they get out of veg and into flower.

If you only do one thing - switch soil.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah i already looking into fox farm soil and others Def changing up for my next grow.

Agree with billyboy , Im betting Miracle Grow is your biggest problem..That soil is hot to begin with, plus the fertilizer is too high, Bloom nutes are way outta wack as well. Im thinking thats why they fry up as they transition into flower. I have used miracle grow in my gardens for a long time..works great on almost everything..way to hot for some plants though.. Instead of getting frustrated, buy some proper soil(for weed) and some good nutes(for weed) a p/h pen, and some cal/mag. your light should be sufficient for one healthy plant. And get a good seed to start with. If you have a green thumb, its pretty easy..just have to change your strategy a bit. good luck
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      they flower fine ....its only about halfway through flowering it seems like growth gets stunted and then when its way past their bloom date thats when they finally start bulking up but the rest of the plant is dying......insufficient light was also an issue. That's probably why all the bottoms would die off so fast not enough light im hoping the SP 2000 light will be good enough for one plant while the other gets the marshydro light

I agree with the others on the light, soil and nutes.

Comment

Hi @No3odiesShad0w, thanks for sharing your problems and elaborating on your growing method. Everyone benefits from this kind of communal problem solving and, as you can tell from the responses, GWE thrives on the delivery of (hopefully) useful advice.

With regards to your grow light questions, I'd offer the links below. The first is an excellent overview of cannabis lighting from a true expert, Dr. Bruce Bugbee, a familiar name for those interested in the subject.
      Dr. Bruce Bugbee debunks myths and answers FAQs on grow lights for cannabis based on his research so far at Utah State University's Crop Physiology Lab (see ...

The second link puts Dr. Bugbee's knowledge to work by doing comprehensive grow light reviews. The link is for a specific light, ViparSpectra XS1500, which is one example of a cost-effective light that is capable of producing excellent results growing a single plant. You are in luck because this is only one of many state of the art LED growlights currently available. I'd suggest you explore the site for all the options.
      ViparSpectra XS 1500 independent grow light test by Dr MJ Coco. XS Series Review, Video, PAR map, PPF & PPFD, Efficiency, Hanging Height, Harvest Potential

As a final contribution to all the other advice you've been offered I'd like to add that nothing trumps great genetics. The best money you can spend is on a good strain from a reputable seedbank. Friends don't let friends grow bagseed!

Regards,

-Grouchy
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said Grouchy

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        things are comming along much better now that i have good up to date info. i have books and pdf of books from like the 80s and all the up to date grow tips for the 20th century lolololol like i menti8oned above with my budget atm i bought a Spider farmer SP 2000 light. Should be in tomorrow. I'm hoping ill have better results instead of cotton balls

Here is a start for lights.

Want to grow cannabis faster and better? Discover the best LED grow lights for cannabis in 2023, based on detailed reviews and comparisons by actual growers. Then learn how to use these LED grow lights to get big yields, fast growth, and high levels of THC.

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone that gave great info. I see where I went wrong and was looking for the problems in the wrong spots. Just small changes and it shows. So thanks again everyone's been super helpful.
        Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
        MAC1 (Blimburn)
        Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
        Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
        T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
        🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

One other question. How in the hell is Flowering period calculated? Here is a link with some info about the one strain I know I have; Spiritual Punk
          Spiritual Punk is an indica hybrid especially suited for those looking for a reprieve from stress. This lady is easy to grow and tastes of citrus.

It says 7-8 weeks flowering time. The last time it was flowering almost 4 months (granted I stunted it not on purpose) but even then, with previous strains. The recorded flowering times don't match up with what I'm seeing. I know it's not started when you switch to 12/12 but when DO you start counting? When the first 2 hairs appear? or when actual flowers start to develop? I mean, I'm still going to use the trichrome method to determine when it's ready since I got the jewelers lobe. No more early harvests for me. Who knows maybe this time I'll get good results since I'm working with the right stuff. Maybe flowering will only take 8 weeks? We'll see.
          Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
          MAC1 (Blimburn)
          Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
          Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
          T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
          🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            I start counting once I actually see a flower form, seems to be more accurate with a 8-10wk flowing schedule nutrient wise. Unless you’re flowering a clone from a mother that you’ve flowered before the timing is unpredictable. Too often 2 seeds from the same package will produce plants that look nothing alike. The final product will ttaste and smell the same in the end but they’ll grow completely different

There are many reasons why different strains have different flower periods. Genetics is a big one...what longitude did the dominant strain originate for number of hours of light per day as well as intensity. So light is a big deal in how long a plant will veg or begin to flower. Short duration/High intensity vs Long duration/lower intensity. Autoflowers came about by crossing an Indica and/or a Sativa with a Ruderalis hemp plant from northern Siberia which had very few weeks to grow, flower and seed.

Breeders estimates of flower period and the time it takes in your room are determined by two very different environments in every way. Do you have a 50x100x25 ft grow space with 1000's of watts of power and light? Gotta wear shades!

Me and my little Sativa Auto Maui ladies are going to bask in 24 hours of light their whole life. Think about it, they don't need a dark period to flower but they do need a LOT OF LIGHT to grow strong and quick with a healthy production of extra sweet fruit!

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I can't grow tall in my grow area so I've been curious about the autoflowering ones. Especially since they don't grow tall.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X