I need some tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some tips.

Hey eveyone...new to the forum.....in need of some help or tips or something. Currently on attempt #5. All previous attempts just resulted in cotton ball fluff buds that don't do anything. I know my past mistakes (overwatering, bad genetics, harvested too early). Most recent grow was going great until about halfway through bloom. Then leaves started to drop away and turn brown. I let it keep going until it started effecting the buds....at that point i just gave it the chop..... Halfway through bloom seems to be my stone wall. Everything goes great until that point. Then i get issues that just progressively get worse and worse. Below are pictures of the last grow. Maybe someone can shed some light on my mistakes. Then I'll have 2 pictures of my current and some just for fun because I like messing around some close up magnified shots of buds from the last grow. Thanks in advance.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
    MAC1 (Blimburn)
    Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
    Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
    T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
    🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Need more information. Looks like not enough light.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
      Need more information. Looks like not enough light.
      Mars Hyrdo 600W LED....i don't think light is an issue. Might even be overkill for a single plant.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
      Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
      🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Basically, From seed or clone to mid way through bloom i don't have any issues. The pH is correct, the plants look happy and healthy. Then when the buds are supposed to start bulking up, i start losing leaves and it looks like the plants start drying. Buds don't fully develop and i have no idea what the issue is. I thought maybe rootbound but after i chopped and examined the roots...i saw very little to support the theory of it being root bound.

This grow i have a Spiritual Punk india growing and a mystery hybrid growing. No idea if they're male or female....with my luck probably males lol (last 3 attempts all males smh) So far they look good. a bit twisty at the tips on some leaves but overall i think they look fine.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
        Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
        🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Looking up that light it is only 100 actual watts which is ok for one plant in 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft space (maybe a 2ft x 2ft footprint depending on diodes) but it does look like in the pics that the plant is stretching due to light being too far away. Also, not enough light will give you airy and lose buds. That said, still not enough info. Dont know medium, or nutes that you are using. Honestly the leaves dying off sounds like not enough nutes or nute lock out to some extent.

Personally, on the next grow I would lower the light so the plant doesnt get soo tall and lanky, top and lst to spread the plant out horizontally and create an even canopy.

Comment

Exactly what Tersky said. Your plant is stretching quite a bit. Lower your light down. 100 watts is not very strong. Definitely not overkill. Not to say it won't grow big buds but you need to find that sweet spot.
            Personally I wouldn't remove so many leaves. I only remove the bottom third and a few here and there that are blocking the buds.
            Couple questions, how are you testing PH? If your using a PH pen, how often are you calibrating it? What soil are you using? What are you feeding and how often?
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

In my experience, besides genetics, not enough light produces fluffy, airy buds. You can over or under feed which may cause your plant may look like crap and not produce much but if your light is right you should always have nice top colas. They won’t be to potential but the tops should at least be dense.

Comment

Just going to kinda reply to all the responses. Hopefully i answer all the questions put forth.

1. I know the light i have uses 100w input but the output of the LEDs is equivalent to a 600w grow bulb or at least that's what the manufacturer claims it's equal to.. I know LEDs use a lot less energy for much higher output. I figure that's more than enough for a single plant. I did lost of research on this light. I didn't want to used the classic bulbs because of the heat and high electricity cost. (I'm just doing this for myself to be self sufficient and economical) As far as the stretching goes, that's my fault. Trying to do multiple things as once and learn from my mistakes. I keep the light about 12in (30cm) away from the top.....what the manufacturer recommended.

2. When it comes to the leaves.....most turned yellow then brown and fell off themselves. I pulled the leaves below where it V split, in retrospect i shouldn't have.....still learning.

3. As far as the airy buds go......each time i had to harvest WAY early because the plant was dying. Like I said I hit this wall halfway through bloom and it just starts dying on me. I don't get it I have a whole goddamn vegetable garden every year with zero problems but cant grow a cannabis plant smh.

4 The seeds. I'm sure I'm struggling with bad genetics. The seeds aren't store bought. It's just seeds I pulled from shitty bud I was smoking.

5. ph Testing I use the drops. When I water the plants I test the run off a few times. I also have a Sonkir Soil ph meter. I'm not sure how accurate the pH meter is since i get different results when i use that vs the traditional drops. Only downside with the drops is my slight color blindness so it's kinda hard to tell sometimes. So i try to take a good guess based on the tests. TBH not many issues with pH that i see people complain about.

6. Soil I'm using standard MiracleGro same for the fertilizer for veg i have the regular 20/20/20 fertilizer and for bloom I have 10/52/10 fertilizer....all MiracleGro brand. It's what i've been using for my garden for years. Since the soil already has fertilizer i usually don't give any of the 20 until it gets into pre-bloom and doubles in size. Then I usually fertilize about every 2 weeks. I noticed if i do it sooner I get chemical burns. My guess at that point is that it has enough.

7. Honesty time... I may have made it too basic and stunted the growth on the last one then recovering from a mistake while blooming is difficult especially for a noob. I'm hoping i have better success with this current grow. I'll start a separate thread for it just to show the progress and for tips along the way

Hopefully That's info plenty. Feel free to ask more... I really want to get this right so I'll provide what you need within reason
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

You're right. I did some digging and reading. The light is equivalent to a 200w HPS bulb ....so actually a good thing tbh. I was planning on getting a second one exactly the same. Now I know what I'm looking for exactly, I can get the proper LED light I need. Like I mentioned, never tried any indoor growing, so it's all new to me. Really trying to be mindful of that electrical bill. That's why i went with LED. I know some diodes can get very bright. but anyways ... thanks for that catch. I've been looking into other problems when the problem has been blinding me the whole time lololol
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How big is grow area? SF 2000 for 2x4, 4000 for 4x4 or 5x5.

I would need something like the MH TSW 2000 That one would be the equivalent to the 600w HPS bulb light that I was looking for....you live you learn. I swear soooo much conflicting info on LED grow lights online. It doesn't seem like anyone can agree with anyone on anything. Then the misinformation from manufacturers. I blame Amazon for their lazy product descriptions *shakes fist* Why call it a 600w light if nothing about it is even close to 600 anything? Then hide the info in the fine print. Like I said good to know. I can get the proper hardware I need instead of buying the wrong stuff for a second time.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Ckbrew The grow area is 2x2 for the light I have currently.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                  Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                  🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Might be the Miracle Grow?

Comment

• soonboomer
                      soonboomer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I always have a vegetable garden too, and have always had good luck with miracle grow. Not sure if what you're using applies here, but I've seen a good amount of literature saying not to use many MG products because they are time released. I'll defer to those with more experience.

• Jebidiah
                      Jebidiah commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I remember reading somewhere miracle grow would cause problems later in the grow with nutrients being time released.

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah i did some digging and found that the miracle gro is releasing nitrogen while in bloom so i'm going to switch soil for the next grow

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, part of your problems might be the nutes your using. Cannabis and veggie gardens are different animals. I wouldn't use 20/20/20 for veg or 10/52/10 during flower. The NPK values seem way off. There's tons of really good nutrients lines made specifically for growing cannabis, for veg and bloom.
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree 100 % that my nutrition has been off. Each attempt I get chemical burns on the leaves even though I've been using less and less each time. So i know for a fact it's been a problem of mine. Again plenty of conflicting info....hence why I finally decided to reach out here. never been stumped by plants or fungi before but weed got me scratching my head.

Have you read through the tutorials here? There's tons of great rock solid info.
                    This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

What's the "best" cannabis nutrient system? There are literally thousands of choices! Learn what to look for and get examples of great marijuana nutrients.
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i honestly only recently stumbled on this site......I have physical books I've been using from god knows what era. I still have plenty of reading to do on this site. The little i did read helped me start getting results i should have gotten weeks ago on this past grow. So clearly good info here. also why i picked the forum. clearly knowledgeable stuff here

I've been looking and reading most of the day and I guess these 2 are ones i would consider. Lmk what you think looking for something close to a 600w HPS bulb .....the more energy efficient the better.

https://www.amazon.com/California-Li...8561397&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Co...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
                    Last edited by No3odiesShad0w; 08-09-2021, 09:21 PM.
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                    Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                    🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X