Helpful Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful Friends

There are several of you who helped/coached me with my first grow last year. As then, and now, I sincerely appreciate your help.

For those friends, I wanted to share with you that my better half and I both recently contracted covid 19 in spite of us both being double jabbed (Pfizer, March). We both are 62 and symptoms have been quite severe, thankfully, we seem to be trending the right direction. I have spent 4 days in bed and one in the hospital. I can tell you I was in excellent health before this with no complicating health issues. I am not sharing this as a “political” statement. Sharing this for those who have shown kindness to me on this forum, you can choose to do with this information as you wish of course, wouldn’t want anyone or any household to experience what I have the last few days.

Take care friends,

Best wishes to you and your mate 🙏🏻 My wife showed symptoms in November of 2020. She never tested positive but she did develope pneumonia in all four lobes and hasn’t been the same since. Meanwhile I slept beside her the entire time with zero anything, not even a headache.

Comment

I like the above post also showed all symptoms march 2020 had pneumonia but tested neg. Slept for 4 days still having lingering symptoms like a allergy which i never had before. I'm 63
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

So sorry to hear. I hope you and your partner bounce back quickly. Scary hearing about all of the people who got it after a double jab. At least with the double jab they say it is far less likely you will get the worst of it. Given you had to stay a night in the hospital I can only imagine what it would have been like without the jab. Take care!

Comment

I hate to read this, I got my first round, second coming up of the maderna, now that the line is short. I hope you and yours have a speedy recovery. I just found a friends daughter and her hubby have just tested positive, and not vaccinated, he's very worried about them.
          I see more of these break through cases, and thats going to continue until we wear our masks. Did you notice we were getting better, then the masks were put down and look what happened!

Comment

So sorry to hear that. One of our neighbour died from it, she was 65 yrs old. Unfortunately they were not vaccinated when it happen.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I believe people are finding false hope in the vaccine. Common sense still prevails; stay away from large groups of people (especially indoors) and wear a mask. I can’t trust what the government or medical community says, especially when they’ve politicized the pandemic from the beginning, flip flop so often, allow thugs to form in masses to riot and destroy even in the middle of it all and they’re releasing illegals daily without even testing them. Seems to me as if they’re selling fools gold while not taking things seriously.

Comment

• OldManGrower
                OldManGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not about us, it's about getting reelected and retiring rich.

Unfortunately this plague is not going away easily. Too many people will not take this seriously by vaccinating and mask wearing. As soon as the state gov relaxed the mandate the rate began to increase. Anywhere people congregate especially indoors without masks the rate of infection increases. Allowing return to school for children to soon is contributing to the rise. Fortunately for me I live in a very small community 30 mile from town. I'm used to shopping once a month and remain isolated even from my neighbors. I would hate to see enforced mandatory vaccines but if it comes down to it I will get a 3rd, 4th or 10th vaccine and remain masked for years.
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                I highly respect you sir but my second jab is my limit and wife don't trust our government (little Justin and his gang) and the department of Health Canada, So much BS here about the vaccine. Now they are talking about a third vaccine shot to combat the delta variant . REALLY ?? Nope !!! No more vax for this old frenchy, I will continue to wear the mask PERIOD.

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                Mandatory huh? Sheep will be sheep

My best wishes to you and your spouse. Fortunately, although you suffered a break through infection, and were very sick, you are still alive. That is why, despite having both shots, I continue to wear a mask in public. Unfortunately the messaging from the CDC, HHS and other government agencies has been inconsistent and poorly explained.. This has left a vacuum that has been exploited by politicians seeking to gain attention for themselves at the cost of their constituents health and the overall welfare of our country. At the age of 70, I have learned to listen to my gut, keep my own council, and make my own decisions. Good luck to you.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Remember everyone these are the same people that for sixty years told you marijuana will kill you, make you crazy or put you in jail for 40 years to life. I don't trust them and never will.

Comment

I see many fell as I do
                  I do not trust our government as they lie to me daily.
                  Big pharma is ran by capitalists, and they lie to me on a daily basis as well, trust them, not even times 2! Its all about the bottom line, making money.
                  The media here in the good old USA is the most censored in the world, by the government that lies to us, I cant trust them either.
                  Everyone has to try to get the best info they can from all this deception, and make their best choice for them and their family. Good Luck to all of you/us!.
                  The vaccine will fail, not far from it know IMHO, the vaccinated will spread this to the unvaccinated and make new variants of it doing so, I will wear my mask in public. My oldest girl said she will never put her mask down as over the last year she has had less bugs. The mask is the 1 thing we can all do to help ourselves and those around us to keep this air born virus from spreading. Was this what Nostradamus was talking about when he said "pig faced people" and not fighter pilots?

Comment

• desertdan
                    desertdan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beat the proficy don't be a pig faced person.

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree!!!! I trust a mask and my own common sense way more than a vaccine they’re now discovering isn’t effective. Who knows wtf is in those shots, FDA doesn’t

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X