Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dying branch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HELP! Dying branch

    Hi everyone! I have been stretching out my plants the whole grow, tying them to the edges of the tote. I used soft Velcro ties around the plants then used the loop to attach twine. I noticed the other day that a place where the Velcro was looked almost moldy or like it was dying. I moved the Velcro but just came home and that branch is dying while the rest of the plant is fine? Should I just chop it off? Maybe should I spray the area to make sure it doesn’t spread to another area of the plant? Thanks 😊

    #2
    Oops forgot the pics!

    Comment


    • Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Could the Velcro have been acting like a bandage of sorts? I was trying to visually trace the droopy branch to the Velco'd area but I couldn't see enough.

    #3
    The dying branch is split at it's base. There might be an issue there. I also see surrounding preflowers and other plant parts that are strange looking dead. Strange color.

    Were it my plant, I would cut the necrotic branch down to it's base and look at the inside of the stem. If it's nasty, cut an inch below the split, removing both branches. Check that cut for nasty. Then look at what's in the gap you just created. See if there is any more necrosis.
    I'm here now. Won't be later.
    Enjoy me while you can.
    3x3x6
    HLG 360 Elite
    In coco 10/01
    Flowering 11/28
    (2) GDP 5 gal
    (1) G13 5 gal
    (1) Zkittlez 5 gal
    RIP Sexless M
    RIP Sister G13 (WPM)
    Mother Earth Coco and Perlite
    Dyna Gro Foliage
    Dyna Gro Bloom
    CalMag

    Comment


      #4
      I forgot to mention this was a clone that went into reveg so it does have some reeeeally weird growth on it. Funny shapes leaves and some little buds that have been on there for a long time.

      Ok so…cut it off and and then chopped out the moldy chunk of stem. I popped the tops into some water just in case they are somehow salvageable? Wrapped up the moldy part and put it in the city compost. Then I mixed up a bit of apple cider vinegar and water and just used my finger to rub it on the “incision” on the main plant. Hopefully this doesn’t spread?

      Comment


      • Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought those were reveg leaves. Good luck.

      #5
      Something like this I would treat with H2O2. Half and half, any quantity. After a couple minutes, damp off any extra H2O2 because it has and will become H2O, which is not what you want with any kind of rot. At least a treatment, or two. Morning and night.

      Vinegar is good for a lot of things. 2 TBS in a quart of water can drench and treat any plant I have. I did an experiment where I sprayed a bud for seven days during the last ten days of flowering. There was no residual in the end. I don't know that it wouldn't work here.

      A good thing about using vinegar over H2O2 is vinegar dries all the way as vinegar. H2O2 will evaporate an O and you have water on what you're trying to treat.

      I'm here now. Won't be later.
      Enjoy me while you can.
      3x3x6
      HLG 360 Elite
      In coco 10/01
      Flowering 11/28
      (2) GDP 5 gal
      (1) G13 5 gal
      (1) Zkittlez 5 gal
      RIP Sexless M
      RIP Sister G13 (WPM)
      Mother Earth Coco and Perlite
      Dyna Gro Foliage
      Dyna Gro Bloom
      CalMag

      Comment


        #6
        Good to know! I have lots!

        It’s crazy, the top cuttings are already looking healthy again! They have totally revived in the water. Wondering if I could get them back outside somehow?

        Comment


        • Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never done water cloning but I've seen it done. Someone else is going to give you good advice on that.

        #7
        Thanks again! The stem was still on the top of the compost so I cut it open… didn’t see any larvae but it did seem like there was a thin middle part of it was that was soft. I’m thinking of just really stripping the bottom of the branches so I can see if I can see any burrows. Also read that BTK can work and I have some of that. We shall see!

        Comment

        Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

        Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

        Working...
        X