Cursed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cursed

You be the judge. I have MCM chairs on wheels that came from the local community college lab, the pets don't try to get on the table bc a moving chair would freak them. I was gone for two hours with Grumpy pug to the vet & dispo, Crazy pug & the cat were home. When I got home a chair was near the Aero-Garden, thought the dog & cat were chasing each other and moved it. I keep the cat's feeding tower as far as I can from the A-G, he's not That long. I found my Wild Thai seedling chewed on and a bug, which I killed. Looking back at the cat's chewing on my NL auto, and now the WT's leaves - who's the culprit this time?
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Meeower, Somehow I think the poor little bug is getting a bum rap! The look on the cats face tells the tale!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking Son of Sam struck again. Luckily having the tower fan in between the slightly open closet doors seems to deter him from enjoying a smorgasbord.

My cat used two of my outdoor auto pots with plants in them. For pissing and shitting one morning .. chased my cat through the whole garden 🤣
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you catch him/her? I won't let this guy outside. Lot of wildlife here, 2 acres of deep ravine wasteland: beavers, ground hogs, raccoons, foxes, deer and who knows what else. At least the coyotes usually stay a block west, across the road.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      No my cat is too fast lol. Or im too High
      I live in the mountains he will be fine. No problems with animals here.

My cats like weed so much a few years ago we gave them there own clone to grow in the bay window over the winter. Two years later we had to move the clone to the garden outside with three other new plants. Here is the funny part my cats know which plant came from inside "aka there plant" and they have chewed up all the lower leaves. The plant is 5 ft tall female of coarse..

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he needs an intervention, lol. When I watered last I pulled small, low yellow leaves and set them on the bed behind me bc the cat was behind my back watching. He didn't touch them, he seems to like the healthiest of leaves, he could be a tester or quality control supervisor. All cats are sneaky but this one loves the fresh greens, hates smoke. My first Siamese (girl) liked the smoke, she'd cry for a shotgun in her ear. Got home yesterday from the vet and dispo, bringing in mail and packages, all he cared about was sniffing my dispensary bag. He could be a narc cat if weed mattered as much to 5-0 as it used to.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      changeofpace2014 That is funny that they know their plant. I might have to grow a clone by a window so this cat quits stealing my weed. I accidentally, really, had a very small bud top of NL auto that's still finishing, sitting on a table next to my chair today. Went out to check the mailbox, saw the neighbor, started talking, came inside and the cat had been messing with it.

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Hopefully IFAW will not come after us..lol

Oh, crap... I have so much to say. So very, very, very... very much... to say...
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

The frame up:

Cat pushes the chair over to the cabinet to hop up to eat the weed. Why? There is a cat tree within a quick hop over to the plants. It would be superfluous to move the chair over. It also wouldn't make for a good launch point for jumping onto the counter. No friction. Nothing for the claws to grab onto.

The answer to why the cat pushed the chair over to the cabinet is to frame Crazy. Cat thought you would have gotten home and assumed it couldn't possibly have moved the chair for the reasons above. You were supposed to have pointed your fingers at the dog. Only the dog would have had the upper body strength and well designed forehead to move the chair, using it to get to your weed. But for the same friction reason, Crazy wouldn't have been able to get grip enough to hoist onto the counter, much less get onto the chair. Finally, pugs can't jump more than about half an inch. No bloody way it could have gotten up, anyway.

It was a poor attempt. It would all be more feasible had the cat moved the cat tree instead. The proof is in in one of their stomach's. You're going to have to make them puke it up unless you want to check their poop.

If my alternate theory about poltergeists moving the chair holds true, the bug ate it.
      Last edited by Gingerbeard; 07-31-2021, 06:57 PM.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Although pugs have a center of gravity, and weight overall, issue I can see it except: Crazy earned his name. Crazy is long for a pug and can jump, high. Crazy greets company at the front door and jumps up to see them, sometimes tearing their clothing; waterboarding (spraying) doesn't work, he opens his mouth for a drink. In over 5 years Crazy has never been on one of those chairs unless I helped/it was his birthday, or he jumped onto someone's lap - friction.

Behind said chair an antique oak pedestal holds the A-G, there is an approximate one-inch edge for the cat to attempt jumping from the tree and sticking a landing. He'd be jumping at a slight downward angle. He's long, I could see him standing on the chair, however said chair got there, using one paw to pull on the seedling to facilitate a snack of fresh growing middle greenage. He's done it before, leaving behind a similar pattern of destruction.

My possible theory: Crazy caused cat to jump onto chair which has a nicely sloped indent for one's butt to sit, and a back to stop him from sliding beyond. Floor is not perfectly level, chair would've moved further than expected during said jump. Cat looks around and sees his favorite snack and says 'Why not?" Maybe Crazy was not a part of it at all, he will sniff vape exhalation and lick his lips but he doesn't like flower. The bug will need a sibling to prove itself, fallback theory.

I own a Furbo, a pet treat-tossing spy camera with audio, video, and night time IR recording capabilities. Bluetooth, I used to check on previous pugs from an hour or more away. It takes photos or videos, I can talk to them, hear them, and launch some treats (Cheerios) but Crazy learned to position himself to get every single treat. I need to reinstall the app, they used to only have foreign tech support, now there's North American also, new app.

The Aero-Garden is close to the patio door, pugs go out at night to bathroom, A-G's LEDs attract bugs. I've killed more in the past month than I can remember in 37 years here, still have a wall to wash. At least between the A-G and the yellow sticky pad attached to the night light over my kitchen sink it's keeping them away from the grow closet at the other end of the house.

If I catch any culprits on the Furbo I will report same. I'm always on the lookout for bugs, my arch enemy, I'd rather catch a mouse. They're all sneaky but those snakes, and cock roaches, don't get me started. I'll have to rubber band the ankles of my jeans.

I had to make 3 pugs puke one evening, the hallway was a river of vomit water. They'd gotten into a large bottle of joints supps, not supposed to be given to dogs w/prior urinary stones. The two pukers were the only two that had had urinary stones in the past. Murphy's Law, my life is.

The reason why I don't have a cat !!
      Courage @Puglover1
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Could it have been a drive by chewing Puglover1 ? Why is it cute and forgivable when a cat eats a weed plant but a bug gets Satanic rituals performed against it? You don't know what your pets are doing when you are away any more than your parents knew what you did when they were away. Your solution sounds very Benny Hill, without the boobies. Slapstick.

You didn't mention the probable possibility of a poltergeist. Not down with that one, eh?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I always kill bugs but never kill cats. I have a ghost here, this much I know. It's usually seen in the hallway. I guess the spy cam treat launcher needs to get put back into use for a while.

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Poor damn bug......I didn't get to squish it. hahahahahahahehn

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! Next time.

Mousetraps on the counter, cover with newspaper, hilarity ensues.

Really great when the cat jumps and lands on another area of newspaper and a second trap goes off! Just use enough paper so you don't really trap the cat.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          That imagery is hilarious. Was this on a cartoon when I was young?

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Stephen King's 'Cat's Eye.' "Quitters, Inc."

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya it was, Tom and Jerry!

We used it when I was stationed in Alaska. Cats running loose in Coast Guard housing used to get in the trash outside. We actually did this on the front porch of my friend's house. It worked

Our next step would have been paintballs and a note on the exchange bulletin board about cats with red paint splotches.

I would never intentionally cause an animal pain that I wasn't going to consume but this is just hilarious to see when it works. I did it to my own cats when they wouldn't stay off the kitchen table. Works great. Ask my floor bound felines!
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

BU2B

It's laugh or cry, I choose to laugh. Also, that algae'd, brown-rooted, Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug4WT.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	913.2 KB
ID:	529333 cat-chewed seedling seems to want to live and grow up. Maybe cat spit is a good thing that we don't know about yet?
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Am I seeing Jiminy Cricket or I'm too medicated ?? Time will tell !!
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Puglover1 Cursed, no, I think you got lucky, my kitty would not have stopped at a nibble! I have 10 cats and all like "cat grass", (green oat plants) but only one that likes "Weed"! She is a connoisseur, I have a few plants that are starting their 8th week of flowering and some clones that are about that old since cutting. I found out that she liked weed when after removing a few leaves from the flowering plants, I offered her some and she went nuts! Fast forward to the other day when I was working on training one of the clones. I brought her one of those leaves and she was nowhere near as interested. I thought maybe she had just lost interest, but when I had a few more leaves from my flowering plants, she ate them like they were candy. Have you tested the different reactions between veg and flower leaves on your cat?

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, he likes to eat it fresh while the plant is growing. I've given him freshly-cut leaves, it's iffy. I used to put my defol'd leaves in a container, he'd pick out what he wanted from them. But he sure chased a fresh-chopped plant around the kitchen counter one day, wanting to eat the bud.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X