Xmas in summer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas in summer...

Soooo I'm about to take a big step to the unknown of growing autos fully loaded. Well not all of it because I'm throwing 3 Purple Punch photos just in case. 18 pots no more no less. 10 fabrics and the rest plastic.

Anyway I couldn't help myself and with the wife's budget approval I went ahead and bought the XS2000 from Viparspectra and beside it was on sales. And why not non ? You only live once.

Now I'm just waiting for the beans to be delivered. Hope I have enough light intensity for the autos and not to overkill it. So a new chapter and a new experience is about to begin for this old grower.

Have a safe weekend y'all,

Farmbuck

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Happy days buddy! If grow your autos like you do your photos, I'm sure they will come out beautiful.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I am subbed and following sir as I will be 3 to 4 weeks behind with some Maui autos and excited to watch you. Maybe you can make all the mistakes for me, lol ! Lots of pics and words please sir! May Mother shine her grow light upon your harvest!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Ohhh I'm sure there will be mistakes along the way.... I'll be bury myself in books such as "growing autos for dummy" lolll and the net before I pest you guys with questions. So will see non ?
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm with you there as I will be doing the same. I'm getting excited again with a plan in motion!

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I hope so BU2B

I am trimming two Autos, in between tapping on my keyboard. My rotation indicated that I would be served best with at least a few autos in the mix. This is the second time I've grown autos. I now have one Magnum Auto that has sprouted above the coco. The Autos I've posted are FastBud's LSD - 25s. I have limited myself to one gallon pots, so I may fit more in my tent. These are also the BIGGEST Autos I've grown. The Magnums are reported to grow "Bushy". We'll see. I'm EXCITED for you - Good Luck!!! Click image for larger version  Name:	20210730_114602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	528279
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Kool girls BR2K !!

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmbuck - Thanks! I actually follow Nebula's feeding schedule for coco. It, I believe IS an Auto schedule. They have been the easiest for me to tend too - You GOT this!

I'm more excited for my XS2000 Viparspectra than my autos beans lolll
        Full auto grow

Comment

So here's my question. Some say 20/4 it's better for autos during grow but others reject it. They say 18/6 is the same. So what's your thoughts to this question ? Or should I say your answer... Voilà pour l'instant..!

Just for the fun of it I'm going with it yeah the 24/0 for 2 months and see what will happen after 8 wks non ?
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 08-01-2021, 07:47 PM.
          Full auto grow

Comment

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it's a good idea, GWE is ambivalent. I simply started with 18/6 because that seemed to be the most popular choice. Since I have photos mixed in with my Auto seedlings, in my veg tent, I'll stick with 18/6. I am kind of excited about your adventure. I'll be lurking....

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I started at 24/0 then went 18/6 ... take that info for what it's worth, lol.

You got this buddy, good luck. I started my first Auto grow about a week ago, and it has already been like a good movie. Lots of drama, suspense, a little action, emotional, with a bit of anxiety thrown in .. lol.

I will be watching for answers to your lighting question mate, lots of different information out there when researching. I have settled for the 18/6 light cycle, but might change my mind after seeing what answers you get.
          3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
          2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
          6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
          4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
          Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
          3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
          Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
          ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Remember I'm new at it. I mean the autos types so will see with the 20/4 "daytime". Maybe autos are more forgiveness that photos eh? Or not lolll Remember my last grow non ? Almost a terrible yes a terrible grow but at the end I managed to harvest over 600 g of dry buds & nugs from my photos . And yes the damn anxiety is starting to seek in !! Feel like it's gonna be a roller coaster kind of grow.
            Last edited by Farmbuck; 07-30-2021, 08:23 PM.

I agree with BU2B, if anyone can do this you are definitely one of them. Don't think Autos are more forgiving buddy, but can only hope for the sake of my grow haha. I remember your last grow, maybe didnt start off the best mate, but you recovered when many would not have. Even though your Mrs ditched the size of the buds lol, if i remember correctly, you still got a good harvest. And like it has already been mentioned, your photography is always inspirational. I think once the first grow is out of the way the anxiety and emotions should settle down some, well that's what I'm hoping for anyway haha. Definitely going to be a roller coaster of a grow for me.
          3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
          2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
          6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
          4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
          Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
          3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
          Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
          ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

I have some last minute cleaning to do in the "grow room", fitting my 18 pots on the platform and re-adjusting the lights so I can fit my newest addition you know the XS2000. And yes tracking my parcel. The last info is they (the autos beans) are on Canadian soil so hopefully by next week.
            Full auto grow

Comment

Received my XS2000. She is a beauty !! Now if I can get my autos. In the meantime might as well clean up the pots.
              Full auto grow

Comment

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                Light looks killer man! Heck, the whole set up looks great! You got me thinking about these lights for my new space. You can't beat the price.
                And I'm with you, no more pro mix. Lol Won't make that mistake again.

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Farmbuck I haven't switched over my closet yet. My nephew was here yesterday, saw the new light in its box and offered to come by this week to help. Do you think I'll be able to adjust my light's height myself without issues? First grow I was fighting to get the lights closer to the ceiling so I didn't need to use the pulleys. Will you fire up the KingLED at some point for this grow? They look so purty. Oh, do you pre-wire these pots too?

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Bonjour toi Puglover1 I apologized for the delay to respond. I would say ask your nephew to help you out with the new light. Sometimes it's better to have a helping hand. Wife do help me when I'm not feeling too well. If you have a set of adjustable rope hanger then I don't see an issue for raising your light.. For now it will be just the Viparspectra, I don't want the "grow room" to be too hot during "daytime" . And also I'm going for a SOG with the autos. I'm planning at least 9 girls per square meters under the P2000 & XS2000. As for the P1500 I'm adding 3 photos and some herbs for wife.

Yep I do (pre-wire) for LST lolll
                Last edited by Farmbuck; 08-05-2021, 07:37 AM.

So I started thinking about your new light and now your gonna run some autos. I'm no pro by any mean but I have a pretty decent handle on my autos. I ran the lights a a bunch of different ways. 24/0, 20/4, 18/6. When I first sprout my beans I throw them directly into their final home. Usually a 3 or4 gallon pot. I run the seedlings at 24/0 and once their second set of real leave comme out I switch to 18/6 till the chop. I've tried all the other lighting times and Honestly speaking they did the best at 18/6. I really think plants need a some time to recover from growing all day and take a nappy. I've gotten better yields from 18/6. 24/0 yields we much smaller. Just my 2 cents
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the advices PLreef.

The autos girls are here, 20 of them, 10 GG#4, 10 Amnesia Haze and 4 freebies (3 photo Purple punch and 1 auto AH). I can say it was a fast delivery. I ordered (from the UK) on July 29 and received it this morning August 4. I'm ready to start but the forecast for next week is a heatwave for a few days. My instinct is telling me to withhold for a week or two. The anxiety is starting to creep on me.

Correction August 6 lolll
              Last edited by Farmbuck; 08-06-2021, 01:40 PM.
              Full auto grow

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                TOKABIGONE commented
                Editing a comment
                Soon sir soon! I'll be with you in about 2 weeks!

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not rushing either because of the temp forecast but I should probably prep a fabric bag and plant that chewed-on Wild Thai somewhere in the closet. It keeps growing. Early nodes aren't really far-spaced but not near as bad as those damn autos.

I might have to get rid of the wire shelving, put each auto on a crate and the WT in the middle of them on the lower hard shelf. Catch up on laundry or put the little humidifier on the lower shelf if the nephew can't spare an hour or less.

I'm down both clothes dryers, unfixable. Last night I put wet laundered clothes on hangers in the grow closet, good for RH. Both pugs need antibiotics, local human pharmacies don't have Crazy's Rx so I have to make the 50-mile round trip again tmrw. I did a Drive of Shame while passing by today: Gelato flower since I couldn't get 3 purchased Auto seeds to germ; a tin of Kosher Kush pre-rolls, and Pillow Forts flower, all on sale. Money better spent on good seeds, all because of my dwarves.

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                I got the air con all day so I made the decision to wait a bit. Tomorrow I'll start preparing wife's pots for her basil. The garden is ripening, pick up some Roma, green pepper and some apples. The Jalapenos are not quite ready yet lolll

Like I was saying I'm no rush with the auto girls.I tried the Mazar last night and I would say she is very potent after 4 months of curing. The time is near for her to be metamorphose into hash.

Farmbuck - have you ever had/heard of a French sandwich called pan bagnat? There's a Northern Italian version, uses green peppers and tomatoes plus other ingredients, and anchovies instead of tuna. I've made it twice this summer, good hot weather food. I want to plant some basil in the closet, and maybe grow a flower for color. I got 10 one gallon bags for $8. The Wild Thai says "Get me out of here!" I guess I'll put a tarp on the kitchen floor to fill bags with soil, and lock the pets in another room. The bags of soil are big and heavy, too big for my totes, too heavy for me to hold and pour. Too hot on the deck. My poor pugs - I went out barefoot the other day, the rubber door mat was so hot on my feet I thought about their paw pads. WT today - Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug5WT.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	529785
              Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
              Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
              Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
              Various size fabric grow bags
              Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
              4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
              Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Amazon sent me 10 gal bags NOT 10 one-gallon bags for herbs and flowers. So I rinsed a 5 gal for the WT, it's hang drying in the closet.

Mais oui madame la version Niçois lorsque nous étions en France pour l'été avec des amis de Bourges. I believe we were in Cassis near Marseille, a nice little fishing port when we had it. Good when it's hot outside with a nice white non ? Now I go to an Italian store where the have their own version of it. But without the tuna. Your Thai girl look splendid @Puglover1

Full auto grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X