Frabic pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frabic pot

First time using frabic pot have what appears to be white mold on bottom of pot is this normal or a problem?

Lower sides of pot? Yes normal, just dried minerals and salts.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If my bags still look pristine does that mean I underfed the little shits? Or just because I didn't let them sit in their own drainage?

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      i would say yes Puglover1. Are you using Coco or something different? Im in coco/perlite and give my 5gal pot girls around 1.5 gallons of water every 2-3 days. But you have to water slowly and make sure you get all of the coco moist. If you just put in in the center water will find the path with least resistance and probably just drain out the bottom. I try and give it a good soak without it running out the sides..let it sit for a few minutes, then start slowly watering around the edges so it soaks all the coco. wait a few minutes then repeat. once water starts dripping out the lower sides..all good.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in a mix with coco plus some organic soil mix and perlite - what I had here to start them in April. I pre- cal-mag watered the soil a day before planting, watered every 3 or 4 days as needed in 3 gal. The past 4 waterings I've done bottom up with NL Chewy while watering Lemon auto's remains from the top, to save time. I rough up the top soil and spread it to the sides were it gaps when they dry, before I water. I start in the middle then next pour I get the sides. If water came out sides too early I just leveled the bag out on the saucer but make sure bags are wet all around. They sit on wire shelves. I'm liking the bottom up watering thing. I use cal-mag, GH Trio, Flower Fuel, molasses, Recharge - whatever seems best that day.

Welcome to GWE forum Greyhound ! You're in the right place for grow knowledge if you use us and continue to read the tutorials. Yes, it's nutrient salt residue, no biggie until you reuse next time, then you will want to wash them and sterilize. Are you using a riser of some kind under them? A grate or rack of some kind in the saucer will allow drainage without re-uptake and air to prune the roots. Never let them sit in a puddle. Good Pharming!
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 07-28-2021, 11:40 PM.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I use 3.5 gal fabric bags using coco in my pheno tent.
      I run Jacks 3-2-1 and will get a salt crust on the exterior of the bag over the course of the run, even with good run-off.
      I do use a lifter tray to keep the bags off of the f/d tray and get really explosive growth.
      It's almost as robust as my RDWC system.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Just buildup, I wash mine occasionally but usually I just spray them out with the water hose then hang them in the sun to dry

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X