Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First plant trimmed, jarred up and starting to cure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First plant trimmed, jarred up and starting to cure.

Definitely could have got a higher yield but not mad at it for my first ever harvest, and still have the other plant maturing. Just grew a couple Gorilla Glue autos for the first grow. The first plant's yield weighed in at 16.4 grams after trimming buds today and the second one should be just a little more than that after it dries. Going to be growing Tropicana Cherry photoperiods for next grow and am upgrading my setup to a 48"x48"x80" tent with 2 spider farmer sf2000's, an AC infinity cloudline system with climate monitor and ill be using FFOF in bottom half of pots with FFHF on top half. I also will be switching to top dressing with dry nutes as opposed to the FF trio I was using this time. FF trio seemed a little too hot. Anyway just wanted to show my first ever harvest post trimming. lol
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Congratulations Sleepy, pretty buds! Bet they will taste good in a few weeks
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping i dont ruin em during curing lol ive heard many people mess this part up

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Try to keep the RH at about 58% during the dry and cure and put Boveda a pack in each jar. I like the tiny humidity guages to so it's easy to monitor. Good Luck!
      Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 07-28-2021, 10:38 PM.

We've all been there grow friend. It's kinda funny some people's first grow is pretty small, while other grow monsters. And vice-versa on their next grow. My fist indoor grow I was harvesting autos. My biggest yielded was over 7 oz off one bushy plant. Second grow I had a tiny harvest! Auto are assholes except for when they're not. Good luck!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      I made plenty of mistakes this time that I know I can eleminate on my next grow. Hoping to see much more yield next time but for this time im just happy i seem to have some decent flower

Good work SleepyTibbs ! You made it all the way First time for me also and i am week F1 right now. Dont mind the low yield just think of this as a training grow and everything will be much better next time. Happy growing!

Comment

Good for you SleepyTibbs a pat on the back and a decent harvest. Man you got a new great set up, you have experience now i see great grows in the future for you
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Very nice, especially for a first grow. By grow number four, you will be a truly good grower. Something I learned after my first grow is to keep a grow log. Nothing complicated, just the date and then what you did to each plant day to day. If you did nothing write nothing. The log is for you so that you so that it some plant issues comes up, you can easily look back and see what you did previously. This has helped me to prevent over feeding, watering and see whether how adjustments I made worked or didn't work or caused an issue.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• jamesphoto
          jamesphoto commented
          Editing a comment
          @ oldmangrower A grow log is a great idea. I use an app on my phone called 'Grow with Jane'. Free. Allows me to put in all the information and more then I would ever need. I'd recommend that to a new girl.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X