Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disinfecting grow Tent?

Hello,
    I have a general question about what is the best product to use after your grow. I Have a 5x5 tent and I have been using H202 29% mixed down to 9% would bleach work better? I would use bleach if that will work 100%.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I use ISO alcohol mixed with water 70/30.

never had WPM or what so ever
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Orange Oil. Active ingredient organic d-limonene, Cleans, kills and leaves an aroma that reduces anxiety and depression. Too many uses for me to list.
      Regular or high test.

Comment

I use mix bleach and water in a spray bottle for cleaning after my grows are done. I started this after my first grow was plagued with WPM. I haven't had any issues with WPM since I started cleaning with it.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

The first and last thing that I do in tent cleaning is to dose the tent with one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Between the short wave UV light and the ozone it kills most anything. Just be careful that u don't look at the light or breathe the ozone. The light will fry your eyes and the ozone will fry your lungs. Using this first imo is kind of like a clean in place. Knocks down most contaminants. Then a good wash down with 3% hydrogen peroxide. After everything is re-setup, one more dose of light for good measure. U can even use this during the grow cycle so long as you remove your plants. It will kill them also.
          Last edited by Ckbrew; 08-03-2021, 09:41 AM.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thanks for all the great tips they have been a big help.

Comment

"Hello,
              I have a Question about the UV light I have a 5x5 tent do you just leave the light in the tent for a recommended amount of time in one place center? Or do you move it around.
              thanks"

There is a chart on the box the light comes in, goes by sq ft. The tent is so small that it only needs about 5-10 minutes. I use a clip on work light with the reflector removed. Clip to upright pole. I usually do one cycle with light between the floor and grow light, then one cycle above the light. I don't think u can over do it, except I wonder if the UV light and/or ozone might be detrimental to plastic and electrical insulation, so I do just the short bursts. This is the same type of light that would be in a cabinet full of safety glasses that people share and need to be disinfected between uses.

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X