Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppa
    replied
    The reason for me building risers for my grows to set on is due to who ever poured the concrete did not level out the dirt before pouring. In some parts the unlevel floor in my basement can drop an estimated 6" over a 6' span. The room I built for flowering is has floor that is the closest to being level it dropped about 2 1/2" over a 6' span. I did notice yesterday while taking clones and cleaning out the less viable growth from my White Widow tote it has reached point where trimming I need to stand so in next few days I'll need to mount scrog net and move to my room and start the flowering phase. The stool I bought I liked so much I now own 3 one each by veg area and in flowering room and my kid got me 1 for the garage for Christmas last year. It has an adjustable seat height that I've found helpful as the plants grow taller and 5 casters which keeps it from being tipsy when rolling on the uneven floor, the seat also swivels which is nice for turning from side to side when doing a harvest.

Leave a comment:

• grouchyoldman
    replied
    I keep my pots on the concrete floor to take advantage of the cooling effect, but I had the same sore back problems bending over them.

As a solution, I got a mechanics stool on casters that allows me to sit comfortably at eye level with the plants. Underneath the stool is a handy shelf so I can roll around the grow room and have my pruning shears, tiedowns and other tools always close at hand. No good for a grow tent prolly, but perfecto if you have enough room to scoot around.

Leave a comment:

• OldManGrower
    commented on 's reply
    I love creative, thoughtful homemade solutions. This is a good one.

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Looks like there are some people here with back issues and bending over. I guess it happens to us all, it is starting with me. I haven't had to raise the plants, but I made something simple that helps. I hand water the plants. I got a 36 inch long piece of 1.5 inch pvc drain pipe and added a 45 street connector, then a 1.5 to 3 inch adapter. I can stand up, place the end of the pipe in the pot, then pour the solution into the adapter acting as a funnel. No more bending over for watering. I got the adapter and fitting at Lowes. The price of the adapter was $4.20 so I took this as a sign.

Leave a comment:

• george66
    replied
    Great idea,just a shame i only have 5ft6 from floor to ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• quirk
    replied
    As a middle aged septuagenarian, not only is the bending and lifting a pain in the back, but my 4x4x6 Gorilla Tent was a trip and fall, broken hip waiting to happen. I purchase a 28" to 40" height adjustable, Husky work table. I lost the tent and now no more bending, lifting and I don't have to bother with raising and lowering lights.
    I think it's called working smart.
    Organic soil auto grower.

Leave a comment:

• LemonBud
    replied
    Yep I put a small type platform in the tent while they veg and its def easier on the back.When tall I take out the table. Lot frigging easier on the back.

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    commented on 's reply
    Depends on what you been token

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    I had to read that twice. Good one.

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    OK so if I put the tent on a platform to raise it is the distance from lite to canopy greater ?

Just kidding, snort snort snicker

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    I forgot to mention that the storage space below the tent comes in very handy.

Leave a comment:

• OldManGrower
    replied
    I did something similar for the same reasons. I built a platform that lifted my tent 12" off the floor. The good news is that it made all of my agricultural efforts much easier and less stressful. The bad news is that I grow in a garage in the Southeast. When the tent was on the floor, the concrete acted as a heat sink to keep the tent cool. On the platform, the average temperature inside the tent has gone up 3 degrees. Let no good deed go unpunished.

Leave a comment:

• Poppa
    replied
    I agree having the plant raised while doing daily training tie adjustments or trimming does make it less stressful on the knees,neck and lower back.

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    started a topic Advantages of placing your tent on a table

Advantages of placing your tent on a table

I was on my 3rd or 4th grow when I realized how senseless it was to be bending over so often while tending my plants (I am retired and spend most of my days tending my three grow areas), but it wasn't until I realized that the very best way to remove my watering overflow was through siphoning that I broke down and spend the money for a table (I cut the legs of small card tables down to 20"). I have been patting myself on the back every time I sit down on my chair and look straight ahead at my plants, to say nothing of the ease to drain all excess runoff without batteries.
    p.s. I currently have 5 different harvests bagged (variety is the spice of life) and 5 other strains in various states of flowering, and I owe MUCH (if not all) to GWE and Nebula !! THANK YOU !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X