Drying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying question

This day two of drying and it smells like wet grass. Is that normal? If not how do I fix it?

I would be more shocked if it didnt smell like freshly cut grass on day 2 lol. The wet grass stage wont end until a week or two into CURING. It takes time for weed to be properly dried and cured. The only fix for that is to finish the drying and curing stages of the harvest. It takes me about 2-4 weeks after i cut my plants down before they are what i considered "ready", tho if im desperate i might smoke a few dried but not cured buds, but they are pretty harsh and not very tasty.
    by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Introduction Overview of the Cannabis Drying/Curing Process Harvest: Harvest cannabis when the white hairs have darkened and curled in. Too early can sometimes trigger anxiousness or headaches...

This tutorial teaches you the best way to dry and cure cannabis buds after harvest, which greatly increases bud quality. Quality drying/curing ensures the best smelling, most dense and highest potency marijuana buds!

Comment

• gromeister2020
      gromeister2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know man. I was panicking!

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries man! If you weren't expecting it then i can see how you would panic, but this is completely normal. One of the hardest parts of the grow for me is the drying and curing stage, mainly because of the waiting game. Sometimes it is like the devil on one shoulder saying "It's dry bro dont worry about it" and angel on the other shoulder saying "It's not ready yet!" lol.

• gromeister2020
      gromeister2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it. I feel like it’s been two weeks and it’s only been a couple days. I’m ready to sample the work!

The grassy smell is chlorophyll that is being released during drying, exactly like when you mow the lawn. That's why you leave it to air in the open.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X