No announcement yet.

Holiday Treats -(here we grow again)-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 42: 11.01.21 Week 5 Day 1. 29 days. Pretty darn close to half-way done.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	723D7517-870D-491B-9649-A0797C5710EA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.92 MB ID:	545393

Click image for larger version  Name:	77FE6C3E-5492-4B00-82D5-25F922BAAB19.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	545395

Click image for larger version  Name:	369D9640-916E-4E03-B581-9E507C306015.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	545394
    Chocolate Mint OG - Left. Banana Kush - Right.
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-01-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Smoklahoma
      Smoklahoma commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are absolutely beautiful!!

A few thoughts on defoliation:
    How many have ever seen this photo?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	defoliation-cannabis-remove-everything-below-line-sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	545400

This is very good advice in general, However; imagine no line - less plants and spreading the plants out to allow flowers to grow from stem to stern. At an average of $10.00 per seed these days just cutting down the number of seeds decreases your cost. But there's more to the story - by using the BU2B PPP method you also have more flowering branches as well as flowers that can extend the entire length of a branch. Instead of getting 4-5 oz's per plant with traditional growing methods and taking 4 plants - you can up your output to an average of 16 oz's per plant and only take two seeds to get there. The real filling in the pie is how you trim and spread out your plant during flowering. If you've followed along to this point you know a few things about how I grow already. I leave more leaves than most - with a purpose. I allow ambient light to get into the undergrowth when in veg mode - but don't really start exposing those growth tips to direct light until or just before flowering starts. Once flowering is underway, I found that you will increase your yield much more by spreading out branches than removing leaves. So, the takeaway? You CAN continue to grow as usual and get about 20 oz's for every 4 plants or you can learn a new method that doesn't add time to your grow, but does require a bit more attentiveness and easily average 32 oz's per two plants. Regular grow indoors - 4 plants in a 4x4 tent and an average harvest after 4 months of 20 oz's or a BU2B's PPP grow with 2 plants in a 4x4 tent and an average yield of 1 kilo. The choice is yours to make...

Questions or comments? Now's the time folks
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-01-2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      You are saying that you will not remove growth below the line and instead will spread the branches sideways to expose the lower bud sites to light?

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Ckbrew rather like a bloomin' onion from Outback. I remove leaves BELOW the lowest flower on the branch but don't lollipop the colas until very near the end of the grow. Once the structure for the framework is in place it will easily accommodate stretching the plant out without breaking or snapping branches.

Consider this option - no line and 1 plant as opposed to 4 in the example.
    Click image for larger versionName:	4CA100D2-6A17-4A2C-9111-E0F0D374C418.jpegViews:	0Size:	2.72 MBID:	545537
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-03-2021, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Nice bondage. Gotta try some chocolate mint of. Seems to be a popular strain.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• BU2B
        BU2B commented
        Editing a comment
        she's a real sweetie - I think you'd like her.

Update 43: 11.04.21. Week 5 Day 4. 32 Days (about 24 days left till harvest)
      Not much to report really - a few leaves have gone away and the girls get wider every few days as I re-wire and continue to spread them out. Here’s their latest photos:

close-ups: Chocolate Mint OG top. Banana Kush bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	424A0CD2-C866-42F1-BEDC-A741FCDF50E6.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	545730

Name:	72D2C819-4B1C-4DF0-AB2C-131F7246F4AB.jpeg
Views:	198
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	545729
      Last edited by BU2B; 11-04-2021, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Next grow baby...next grow!! haha! Your 5 1/2 week flowering is looking about like my 7 1/2 week from sprout! Go autos! No I'm going back to photos. More is better!
        Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 11-05-2021, 04:06 AM.

I’d appreciate if those of you following along would mind sharing any ideas or thoughts you had regarding nute burn. It’s something I have struggled with to varying degrees since growing in hydro. I have my suspicions of why this is is happening but before I reveal my thoughts on the matter I’d really like to hear from fellow growers.

Here’s my specs:
      • Hydro grow,
      • ALWAYS use ½ to ¾ of the nutes called for on the label with the exception of bud enhancers and additives like Cal/Mag and Hydroguard.
      • Over the years I've tried different brands of nutes with the same results - nute burn on tips especially during flowering
      • Average water temp for 2 out of 3 grows 75f.
      • Over 24 grows and I still get slight nute burn on 2 out of 3 grows - amount varies by strain
      • Average tub changes per grow excluding issues requiring a tub flush - 4.
      • More of an issue if the weather is warm
      Your feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by BU2B; 11-04-2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Interestingly when I spread them open again I found buried deep inside a very few leaves showing obvious light burn but they were deep inside the middle so it must have occurred when they were younger and I never noticed it. Just here and there in 3 spots. Yellow tips and sawtooth edges yellowed. Surprised me! Remember I have 300 w of led light at 15 inches on 24/0. Tops and all else look great. No harm done but hmmm!

I have a total of 1.8 dwc indoor grows under my belt. Both have suffered nute burn. 1st grow ran at 50% recommended by mfg., still burnt. 2nd grow started at 50% nutes, lights at recommended 36" but at 40% power. Still burnt tips but the plants looked hungry. Over next couple weeks I cranked everything up. Nutes to 80%, lights to 90% and they seemed to love it. Still burnt tips. During this grow I had three extra plants outside in 5 gal pots with pro mix. They were feed twice a week with the nutes out of the dwc res. No burnt tips. Gotta have something to do with roots being submerged in the dwc. I don't know but planning on seeing burnt tips on all future dwc grows.
      DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
      TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
      Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
      10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
      50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
      8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
      2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
      w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
      2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
      2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
      GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
      Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
      . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
      Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• Smoklahoma
        Smoklahoma commented
        Editing a comment
        Forgot to add to add that I do nute changes weekly. But must confess that I do not add water through the week which I'm sure is part of my problem.

I don't have definitive proof - but here's my 'speculation' on why I see nute burn:
      I think my growing medium is prone to it regardless of the amount or type of nutrient used.
      I think it is also a respiration issue. Ideal water temperate for hydro is about 68f for two out of 3 grows my tub temps average about 75f. I think with warmer liquid and ambient air temps respiration for the plant is increased so that more nutrients are taken in by the roots. Once upon a time I used to actually try my best to stick with the guidelines for hydro, liquid tub temp about 68f, I changed tubs out and did all fresh nutes and liquid every 10 days to 2 weeks. In the end I found that those guidelines still did not eliminate nute burn for 2 out of 3 grows. I do think that certain strains are more prone to it than others - generally broad lighter colored strains seem to show the effect more than darker leafed hybrids. I also know that it has appeared suddenly on more than one occasion when I allowed tub liquid level to fall below around 8 inches from the top of tub. Too much nutes in a rapid respiration environment is my guess on that one. But, over-all I'm not displeased with my grows - just would like to do better. I'm not sure I have a set answer for why I experience this issue and it's quite possibly a combination of several factors at play AND I do flush my plants for the last 7-20 days so I know they're not loaded with extra nutrients they don't need. I will continue to work on the line between healthy happy and potent and having nice looking plants as well. I'm always open to suggestions and thoughts - I'll take whatever help I can get. Yet, I've always told fellow growers that the goal is to grow the best bud you can, maybe not necessarily the best looking leaves.
      Last edited by BU2B; 11-17-2021, 02:03 AM.

Comment

An observation on grows. I would guess that about 60% of hydro grows seen on this site have a touch of nute burn on the leaf tips, slight yellowing. I have read that some people look for that as a sign of the most nutes a plant can take, then back it off a bit from there. These plants in the wild usually do not experience such an abundance of resources at their roots, but then the genetics of these plants have been selectively bread for their respective properties so they are not wild plants. My hypotheses is that this type of burn is just a side effect of having their environment enhanced to push them to grow so fast and large. Does it matter if the leaf tips are slightly burnt if the plant in general is healthy and produces a high yield? It is not natural for a cannabis plant to have it's roots submerged in water all the time. In fact, it can cause problems. That is why you use an air pump in the res to increase O2 correct? Just speculation.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• BU2B
          BU2B commented
          Editing a comment
          Very good point Ckbrew Todays cannabis is not the cannabis of old - sometime for better, sometimes for worse and unless you're growing auto's and just letting them go; there's actually very little that is natural about growing indoors. Due to the nature of what we are doing indoor grows MUST be done in a way that is not 'normal' for the plant. Finding the method that works for you and for your plants - no matter your growing medium - is what's really important. I think growing indoors requires more immediate attention on our plants needs, how they grow, what they need and how to produce the best yield and quality and a lot of that involves manipulating a plant in a way that it would not grow naturally.

Update 44: Saturday 6th of November, 2021. Week 5 Day 6. This will be the last photo update for Week 5. Week 6 Photos and updates will resume approximately Wednesday November 10th.

Name:	91BCC450-0C36-4FD7-BA88-6A6934560700.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	545941

Name:	1B85D6E4-6CB1-45A8-A1F3-C4A92D5A6504.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	545944Click image for larger version

Name:	3415864D-F269-46BA-96AE-46CC5A21B68A.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	545943

Name:	D177C0D3-B446-4839-962D-EA3DE1612A76.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	545942

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          ooooweee I can't wait to start my next photo run. I'M going for PPP!!

Update 45: 11.11.21 Week 6 day 4

Name:	65CAB0F5-3D15-4080-9217-CB8347E63772.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	546439

Comment

Update 46: November 12, 2021 Week 6 Day 5
          Let the fattening begin. 2 ½ to 3 weeks to go. I’ve started cleaning them up a bit and will continue to spread them out as much as possible in the time they have left. Projected harvest date is December 1st.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	217879A7-BFD0-4BAF-888E-F762B017B88F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	546559
          Chocolate Mint OG

Name:	9939629F-3C99-433B-9766-DFBD34E8BD5A.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	546566
          Banana Kush
          Click image for larger version  Name:	B3648D83-7AF7-40ED-A741-2F38C4E642B9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	546564
          Last edited by BU2B; 11-12-2021, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking kind of sparse in there Got a bud count on the 'nana kush? It exploded, in a good way. Looks like nice Christmas gifts in someone's future.

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            You are spreading them out by tying wire on them and pulling to the side, nothing else?

• BU2B
            BU2B commented
            Editing a comment
            Ckbrew - yep just keep tightening the wires up and adding more as needed to help keep them pulled apart.

I hope you have some help lined up for harvest ol' feller! This is going to be a monster yield.

Holiday Treats indeed!!!
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Sorry, I don't have an exact count on either plant but it's about 50 flowering branches per plant. At this point my estimate is that I will see a final harvest off of these two that weighs in somewhere in the neighborhood 1.5 and 1.8 lbs dried and cured. I'd be thrilled with more but we will see what time avails. I have 1/2 a pound set aside for oil and already have planned holiday gifts of 1/2 pound; still leaves me a goodly amount to smoke until the next harvest. ALL GWE MEMBERS show up with your membership cards for a free pre-roll by January 1st!

Comment

Update 47: 11.14.21 Week 7 Day 1 •42 Days in •Approximately 14 Days remaining
              Here comes the final countdown and I’m getting a little excited about harvest. The Cannabrushes have been ordered and should be here tomorrow and the girls are getting a fresh tub change on Wednesday with ph’d water and Flawless Finish only until they are done. Harvest will be when the flowers are done and I’ve seen the final push on the majority of branches along with my preferred 5%-15% amber trichomes. It should be very close to my projected December 3rd harvest date made at the start of the grow.

The Banana Kush has not filled in as I hoped she would but the buds are dense and have my whole house smelling like bananas - much to my wife’s dismay. The Chocolate Mint OG is just a pleasure for both the eyes and nose, Amazingly-Holy Crap-Oh Baby sweet and sticky. Both girls are at the magnet stage - which you will clearly see in the photos. I am completely OCD when it comes to hairs and fibers on my buds and this time in a grow I’ll be darned if they aren’t pulled to my plants from across the universe! Time to get the tweezers and magnifying glass.

Anyway, on with the show - here are the girls in their fiber coated glory proudly showing off their nice toasty tips - freckles and all. I’ll leave you to decide who’s who 🥸
              Click image for larger version  Name:	960D73D4-E16F-4D0D-ADBA-917DF4A9EF2C.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	546950
              Click image for larger version  Name:	05400556-EA08-4A04-8D29-3E9EAD0A3CBA.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	546946Click image for larger version  Name:	F7FB8973-BA43-427A-A0EA-1BBF2509ADBF.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	546947
              Click image for larger version  Name:	5DC28A21-14B8-474E-82E0-842A817C6144.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	546948Click image for larger version  Name:	FDC8E83D-98C1-4D80-BCBA-1AF56E05AB2F.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	546949
              Last edited by BU2B; 11-15-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Great looking pictures sure are frosty

• BU2B
                BU2B commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks SoOrbudgal - With at least two weeks to go there will be more of that tasty frosting to come

• Ckbrew
                Ckbrew commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks fantastic dude. Pile on the frosting.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X