Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red stem

Question:
    ​​​I've noticed on my plants, that some of the stems leading right to the leaf are turning red. Is this a concern?. Otherwise the girls are looking really healthy?

Without pictures it’s hard to say….🤷🏼‍♂️

Normally it isn’t the biggest deal. Many plants have it in the genetics. Can also be sunburn from the indoor light as well. Mine get it all the time, especially the stems who are in the open.

some people will also say it’s missing some calmag, but mine do it anyway and I feed my plants a lot of calmag.

Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I think it is usually a natural thing. I’ve heard the same things about sunburn and deficiencies and I suppose that is possible but my experience suggests it is just a genetic thing and not related to plant health.

Comment

I'm going with nutrients. The more I can give my plants, the fewer purple stems.

My plants get plenty of calmag but can still get a few purples. I can't go with light burn because I've gotten them on the lower branches. Just go with it. There's a good chance you will have yellowing, orange-ing, and other pretty colored leaves when your plants get in their final weeks of flowering. It's nothing to worry about, either.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have also have it on the bottom stems. My point was the stems which are exposed for light, give me this purple color. And others in the shade doesn’t.
          So it can definitely also be the light.

Thanks everyone for your good advice.
        Here's a picture of the girls!

Comment

A bunch of the stems on my clones that tried to flower early turned purplish-red just before they started that weird growing pattern.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X