Chopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Chopped

Now I don't know how to dry this monster Should I weigh and measure it?

I was trying to take a pic holding it in the air, or setting it on the countertop but the cat wouldn't leave it alone, I had to body block him. He trimmed 3 sugar leaves in the process. Last night while watering I caught him sneaking up to a plant on the floor. Later I caught him gauging to jump onto the shelf where the better two plants were sitting. I left the damp pot in the closet for humidity and turned off the blurple light, need to check temp soon. Trying to keep the closet doors closed - cat.

How/where would you dry this thing? The closet isn't dark. I could put in the attached bathroom and close the door, maybe hang it over a sink of water? And does it really matter?
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Nice nugs! We should change your name to Nuglover1!

I would just clip that bad boy up and dry it with all the rest. I know you are supposed to control humidity and temp and light but I never worry a ton about it. Since I generally harvest over a week or two and hang up the plants in my grow room I can’t really get creative with my drying routine. So far it seems to work dandy. I may try to raise the humidity in my grow room to slow the dry next time but that is about the only factor I am playing with right now.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You know that's the whole plant, right? LOLOL. Should I throw it in a dark paper bag and hang it in the grow closet by the humidifier? I have a cute little black paper bag from dispo buys. If I cut off the buds they might dry in a day or two, they're so small. I guess clip off the dead leaf tips and see if there's anything in the middle to cut out.

I wish I had made my handle Pugmother so people know I'm not a guy. I mean, ya know, I love nugs, don't take me wrong.

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the little plant - I didn’t realize it was the whole thing I thought it was a cola tip LOL! Now I understand your question a little better.

That would work - give it a trim to get rid of the leaf tips but unless they are moldy save the trim. Dead trim won’t mean there is no thc to save. Re the paper bag, you can if you want but like I said I don’t generally worry about light because I harvest over a couple weeks and hang it in the same room. Not sure how much better it might have been if I’d hung it to dry in the dark. Maybe I’ll try it at the end of summer. Now that I am growing just growing outside for the summer I will have more control over the grow room. If the problem is the cat then maybe the paper bag is a good option or the bathroom with the door shut and the fan on if your bathroom has one. If you want to bump the humidity you could fill the sink or tub with warm water.

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Pugmom would be a good name if you can change it. I’ve often thought about using a female name on forums. I’ve noticed dudes are a lot more helpful amd polite to women on forums, especially forums where the gender ratio is heavily dude orient 🙂. I get it that their motives aren’t always pure but getting more help is always nice. Not this forum of course where we are all kind and helpful but many others lol

My cat is obsessed with my plants too. The paper bag method should work well for that wad. I would suggest leaving the bag open for the first couple days so the CO2 doesn't build up inside as it dries.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I shall go open the top of the bag and close the closet door all the way, for the night. The cat likes freshest the bestest. He was picky about what he'd eat while I was trimming, he kept going for the wad.

LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I was going to leave a comment about your monster but after seeing a bunch of knifes in the first pic I decided not to Happy drying !!
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hehe. That damn cat was stalking me. I have a kitchen peninsula, had to stand by the Lazy Susan to take a pic without him trimming more.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X