No announcement yet.

Yellowing leaves and Brown spots end of Week 4 flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had lot's of weird leaf problems until I switched to R/O water. The water here is really hard and I have much nicer plants once I switched. Problems that looked like yours. I get R/O water from the supermarket.

Comment

Okay everybody I am going to flush my plant when she wakes up tonight with distilled water sorry I cant get RO. Do you think she will be ok?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        So did i miss the part about the water coming from the kitchen sink what's wrong with that??

• hairyman
        hairyman commented
        Editing a comment
        In my area (southwest Saskatchewan) the tap water is really hard and tastes horrible because it comes from a creek. It tastes like algae and has lots of chlorine and minerals. I found R/O to be better in my case. Your tap water may be much better and quite suitable for weed.

Don't panic. They aren't going to die. At worst they might be yellower than you would like but still potent.

Comment

Add some Epsom Salt to the distilled water so you can PH it, distilled water is acidic, you can boil it for 20 minutes to remove the CO2 (to hot for me to do that this time of year) which is what drops its PH to make it acidic, and without the ES the tests dont work, there is nothing in it to measure.

Comment

Comment

During my flush after the first gallon ph was reading around 5.0 i flushed them both the medium stayed fairly acidic high 5s but was much clearer i couldnt flush anymore i gave it like 4 -5 gallons. I cut off those weird leaves and put them back under the light. I also raised the light to about 22 inches. Lets hope for the best. Still see the same pattern happening in other leaves but hopefully the flush helped. Any next steps?? Appreciate all help
            Last edited by Greatcobini; 07-18-2021, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Another newby who wants the answers handed to them. Try reading the GWE manual for yourself and stop wasting everyone else's time. Do your own homework.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                TOKABIGONE commented
                Editing a comment
                Hear Hear ! Thanks for saying something, OldManGrower !! We see this same pattern over and over and it does get tiring. I did nothing but read about growing cannabis for two months before I dropped a seed and continued after as issues arose as they always do. Every single seed is different but the basics remain the same. I love to help new folk but I don't want to hold their hand the whole damn grow !!

• OldManGrower
                OldManGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                When I began my first grows, I read the GWE Site four or five times as well as other sites. I did ask questions when I found some items to be confusing or contradictory and the members of this friendly site were more than willing to help me out. I still review relevant parts of the GWE site with each new grow. And, as the plant passes through various stages I review the material relating to that stage.to ensure that I am not overlooking something. I truly appreciated the help I received and try to pay it forward. I will not spend much time helping when it becomes obvious that the questioner has not done any basic reading. That is just plain taking advantage of other peoples good will.

• Greatcobini
                Greatcobini commented
                Editing a comment
                Well now that this circle jerk of shame is concluded, I do appreciate peoples help. How is it β€œnewb” of me to be concerned about my girls in the middle of flowering, clearly I did my homework to get this far, jus ran into an issue, that clearly wasn’t β€œthe basics”. But I’ll be sure to not ask questions again, thanks!

I have to agree with β€œoldmangrower”
              This is not like an online support help 24/7. It’s allowed to do some research yourself.
              every step you are asking for the next move.. it’s seems like you only want to grow when people can help you step by step.

This is a learning process which you will gain experience every grow. But don’t expect we are all only in here to help you step by step… because we are not..

it’s allowed to do some action by yourself with the knowledge you can achieve with the Main site and all the information is there…
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the β€œbest” lol

Comment

And buy a digital PH meter… it will be the best gift you ever bought yourself.
                Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the β€œbest” lol

Comment

Thank you for saying something OldManGrower sure gets old giving out the basic info when all newbies need to do is research themselves from the easy to follow info on this site. Try working those methods using what is tried and true for growing weed. Not willy nilly " i'm gonna do it my way, then cry for help when they get into trouble."
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Greatcobini
                    Greatcobini commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What was β€œnewb” or β€œbasic” about my grow? Did you even offer any insight on what my problem was, or just came to stroke OldManGrowerβ€˜s ego?

I read and reread this site nearly daily. I rarely even login and help due to the same issues I'm seeing on this thread. Help was asked for and received. YOU dismissed it as though it either wasn't what you WANTED to hear or you really think you're so "great" that you don't need help! Post 25.1 tripped my trigger pretty friggin' hard.

So, let us all recap in case going back an entire page is too difficult for the OP shall we?

1) Post #2 answered as best as possible based on your supplied photographs. Adding a higher pH watering or two (or more if needed) should help offset the pH imbalance you have going on right now. Cannabis has a hard time obtaining calcium from the soil, even if it is present, if the pH is below 6.2. A few higher pH waterings should help here. That is in the main site and can be gleaned by searching the forum and READING.

2) Your post #5...again not what you WANTED to hear but spot on once again. It's called super cropping. It can help you right now if you have no more room to raise your lights. But you want more opinions.

3) At that point WE don't know much about this grow at all. Ocean Forest...check. The Equivalent watts (I think) on your light but not much else. You were asked about pH and your reply was "normal". Then you gave a guess of a very low #. I read enough to know you're using drops and you need to decipher what color means what but "normal" isn't gonna cut it.

4) distilled water has nothing in it for a meter to read. Subsequently it has nothing the plant needs besides the basic H2O. No dissolved minerals or any supplemental nutrients. The main GWE site will tell you what water to use and how to help it to help you. And what about tap water? You were asked and didn't reply.

5) Your post #10! "Someone give me some real advice please as to what action to take" If I answer this honestly I'm likely off the forum. But you can stay and snivel and whine about the mean old elderly guy that flamed you.

6) Your post #12. Asked about watering and you reply that you give the plant "like a gallon" and "every 3 days or so". So, is it 2 quarts? That is "like" a gallon. Or a gallon and a half? Also like a gallon. Timing...are the plants needing water or is it just some random thing you think is okay to do?

7) Your post # 22.3.....really? What the actual fuck is wrong with you? You come here and waste all this time when these VOLUNTEERS are doing all they can FOR YOU. Then this garbage spews forth? WTF.

I know I'm out but dammit I'm so sick of these whining little needy bastards. Help yourself before pulling this crap. If help is offered then politely accept...even if you aren't going to do it. Research what was offered to you because it just might be what you need. And if all of that is just too much for the OP then might I suggest you take up checkers or some other hobby where living things aren't affected by your classic stupidity.

It's been nice. Learned a shit ton in the past two years. I have a glorious calcium issue going right now but I'm reading and learning. I ask ONLY when I just can't find what the resolution is on my own. Something as simple as a different search term can make a huge difference. But some people just want daddy to feed the pablum while mommy wipes your ass . Screw this and all the covid gardeners.
                  TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                  EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                  AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                  IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Greatcobini
                    Greatcobini commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lmao who hurt you?

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He’s not hurt. Just tired of the smart ass you are being.. nothing more..🀣🀣🀌🏻🀌🏻🀌🏻🀌🏻

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just look at how much time we spend with this thread and showing this person what he stated. They don't even read what they write. Alot of time it took to prove this person is not taking the time to study. Bless you @OlderNOtTwiser we all thank you for stating this very well. You are more than welcome to stay and state your view.

I’m having a similar issue with the coloring of the leaves. I checked my ph, both plants are sitting 6.9-7.0. I tested the water runoff out the bottom of the pots. What does everyone recommend for cal and mag additives? I have some ash, just not sure if I need something stronger. I welcome any advice, happy to be able to join a forum of like minded people.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Make a New thread.
                    List all of your info and pictures as described above by olderNOTwiser

• Greatcobini
                    Greatcobini commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ii'm gonna go with what Rwise said above and use epsom salts

Welcome qGoodyp as i know zip about your grow and see nothing all i can say i use GH Calimagic with good results in coco.
                  Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                  Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                  Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                  Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                  Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                  i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                  My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                  make pH correction unnecessary
                  Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                  8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                  Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                  Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Hi everyone. Thanks for all your help these pics were from today (day 30 of flowering) 2 days since I flushed. No new yellowing or brown spots. Will definitely monitor my pH digitally like CaptainWiese91 suggested and bring my ph back in the higher 6s like OldManGrower said. Gonna give some epsom salts and maybe another dose of FF TB. Thanks for all the help!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X