Brown on bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Brown on bottom

Soooo these little guys are browning underneath. Someone help!!

thx

Looks very wet maybe to much

Comment

I dug one out to see the roots & it was dry as hell. Also average temp is 83degrees with 43% humidity

Comment

Not sure what is going on when my peat pots look dark there wet and light when they dry so u check ur ph and all that check out the web site plant problems very helpful

Comment

You need more soil under it, also peat moss is around 3.5 PH and may be affecting the plant/s

Comment

Never heard of Pete moss… & okay. So time to transplant then?

Comment

Maybe the pic is not clear enuf, but it looks like peat moss starter pots they are in.

Comment

What kind of soil is that ?? A little more info could be nice ?

the soil doesn’t look suitable for a cannabis plant..
                Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Yes my bad. They are “Pete moss” I assume lol.

more info…. Ummm 4weeks in from seeds. They are autos. I’m using organic fertilizer mixture 05.05.05, Doing a 24 light cycle with t5s up until bloom.

Comment

They are N deficient. Need more nitrogen or the pH is so out they can't absorb nitrogen.

Comment

• NugLife
                      NugLife commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well I’m using compost as a medium which is already rich in N…

What is your plan at this point? They need a transplant out of those peat pots into a good growing medium. I struggled with peat pots a few grows back, they wick the water away from most grow substrates. So they stay wet while your soil/coco dries out much faster. Plus the roots have a really hard time punching thru the peat pots(best to cut the bottom off). What are they growing in right now? Looks very woody...
                    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    General Hydroponics Flora Series
                    Cal/Mag.

Tent
                    Bruce Banner
                    Kushy Kush
                    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• NugLife
                      NugLife commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well like I said before, they’re a month in. I don’t think they’re big enough to transplant yet tbh. Their only like 4in tall. They are growing in black kow. It’s a compost 05. 05. 0.5

Well if their Autos, they only have 2 more months of life which doesnt give much time to grow and produce good flowers. You cant restrict them in any way. Get them started, and let them grow.
                    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    General Hydroponics Flora Series
                    Cal/Mag.

Tent
                    Bruce Banner
                    Kushy Kush
                    2Cookies and cream

Comment

At 4 weeks old she is about to if not already started into flower, with no veg growth. I wont say kill it, but do start another in good soil, this one will make a good fat joint or maybe 2. Loose the peat pots and go into the final pot with the seed.
                      The pic below these are about 60 days old

Comment

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
                          DeadlyFruit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If they were photos I would say get them into bigger pots with a more suitable soil but being autos 4 weeks in I hate to say it but you may be better to cut and run. Start fresh and chalk it up to learning.

Peat is partially composted vegetable matter usually harvested from bogs. It can be used as a growing medium and is dried and burned for heat in some countries instead of wood (e.g. Ireland - it smells really nice when it burns).

I start my seeds in a peat starter plug but as soon as there are leaves to be seen I move the plug into a pint sized solo cup of coco coir. I they stay in the cup until the leaves reach the edge of the cup when looking down from above and then it goes into a pot of coco. I go straight to the full size pot and use care when watering but some do multiple transplants as it grows.

Hope that helps.

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's almost pure cow shit soil. Way to hot for seeds. What kind of seed are those anyway? " Black Cow " Hope you did'nt spend alot of money on seeds?

Thanks deadly fruit. I posted 2 pics by the way …

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X