Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need help to identify a bug

Hello,
    I'm hoping someone can help me identify this bug I found it looks like a grass hopper but maybe not I killed the one I found but I have never seen it or any more for one week now. I just want to make sure a problem is not brewing.

Thanks
    Steve

2 more photos.

Comment

• In4alook2
      In4alook2 commented
      Editing a comment
      See if you can find a young Praying mantis to put on your plants. They will eat any they encounter and leave the plant alone.

I'm not 100% but looks like a lacewing if I'm right they're good guys to have they're nickname is the aphid wolf

Edit = I looked at it again and kinda looks like a young grasshopper, if that's right they're bad guys
    Last edited by MeEasy; 07-13-2021, 06:59 PM.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Kill

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for clearing that up.... at first glance I thought it was a good guy

Yes that photo you posted of that leafhopper is it because I recognized the red color the one on my plant was a younger one and the red was very faint so now I have to find out was this a one off or are there more breading.

Thanks for your fast response really appreciate all the help.

Steve

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        I get leafhoppers as well. There are a lot of types with different colouring. I never get very many at once but they can damage your leaves if you let them. Since I don’t get many I find it easiest just to walk around the plants every day or two and squish them as I see them. You will usually see them on the tops of leaves unless you scare them. They can be fast but if you come at the leaf slowly from lower down and then quickly but gently pinch the leaf from top and bottom you often get them. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than 4 or 5 max at one time spread around my four plants. Usually there is just one at a time this year and not always even one.

There's more

Comment

Yes theres more, first thing in the morning they are still not fully awake, which means you can squash more of them. As said they will be on top of the leaves early in the morn. Yes I get them also,

Comment

Well it's good to know that they don't lay a 100 eggs a day or something like that I will make sure to check first thing in the morning.

Great info

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X