Microbes with synthetics ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Microbes with synthetics ?

So I’ve been running Athena line with a tea once a week from og bio war. Coco has been amended with microbes. I just talked with tech service from Athena for a question I had and he basically told me that with using synthetics like Athena, microbes are useless essentially? I’m kind of disappointed if this is true but also understandable. He said microbes are really useful with organic but not synthetics. I was told microbes and tea would bring out the terp profile, etc.

can anyone weigh in on this?

Hello,
    Yes this is true I grow in Coco Coir and perlite and I'm using General Hydroponics flora series which is a synthetic feed.
    What I use for my root zone is Hygrozyme and what this product dose is helps keep your root zone clean by accelerating the break down of dead root matter there are other brands that carry the same type of product.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
    Last edited by 416grow; 07-13-2021, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Also there are other products for Coco that you use for the last two weeks of flower that helps bring out more Terps, oils, taste, smell Ect.

Steve

Comment

That's because most synthetic nutrients actually depletes the soil or in your case coco or it's nutrients and makes plants completely reliant on the synthetic nutrients. Here's an article on it. I've been digging lately trying to find answers on all these living microbes being sold all of a sudden. It's amazing how much life is in a single thimble of soil which imo makes adding it more than once to your soil is nothing short of pouring water in a full glass of water. Anyways here it is

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I hear ya I recently had a small fungus Gnat problem and growing in Coco Coir where it's hard to let the top 2 inches dry before watering again. So I found this product at my local hydroponic store it's called Biolarvicide by Stepwell you do a soil drench so fast so good. ​​​​​​

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I think that's the same stuff I use that's on mosquito bits, I soak them strain out the bits and drench works great. Doesn't kill adults though so I still use yellow stickies for them

Also it can be used in Coco, soil it says it's can be used in any medium and will not harm any good stuff in your soil.

Comment

Yes and those mosquito bits are alot cheaper I paid $49 for a small bottle.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X