Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Yellow / brown spots on leaves

Hello everyone.

It's my first ever grow here, and I'm growing in a really tight space. (low ceiling, not even a meter high.)
    Everything was peachy up until week 5 and flowering began.
    On Saturday I saw some yellow / brown spots on my big leaves that were close to the LED light.
    I only saw it on two leaves on the tippy top of the plant.

Today i'm beginning to see more of those spots and i'm getting scared.
    I already made everything i could to make space between my plant and the LED, but i'm wondering if it's really light stress or maybe something like Calcium deficiency, nutrient burn?

i'm using Plagron Natural bloom as my only source of nutrients and using 8Ml for 2.5 liters every other day. My light is a 300W led
    Strain: Royal dwarf Autoflowering

Could someone offer some advices?

Thanks a lot

Edit: i added a full picture of the plant, i suppose there are a LOT of mistakes on this shot, so please fell free to give guidance l
    Last edited by Weebay; 07-13-2021, 08:29 AM.

Properly pHing your water? What kind of grow medium?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yeah, I have a PH meter, telling me 7.0, but i'm not the most confident in the efficacity of it =\
      I'm growing in coco soil.

Comment

Welcome Weebay In coco it is critical to be sure of your pH going in is kept between 5.5 to 6.0. The low end pH meters are notoriously inaccurate. Use strips or drops to be sure. Review the GWE tutorials on pH management and adjustment. Good growing!
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Thanks a lot, i just ordered strips.

So if I understand, the spots really look like its a ph problem?

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I would say it is. I had similar leaf markings early on in my grow and quickly resolved the issue by getting under 6.0 pH. Coco is a lot diff than soil grows because it is inert but changes quickly in pH when nutrients are added so be sure to check after you add them to your water. Also is that blurple light 300 watt true draw from the wall or what the manufacturer claims as output?

Looks like a Ca deficiency, those spots are signs of the plant attempting to translocate nutes from older, mature leaves to new growth.
          Ph is a critical parameter you need to control so that all of the nutrients are available for the plant to uptake.
          Two key items you really need to track in any grow are the ph and ec/ppm of your feed stock.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers guys.

I was also thinking about CA deficiency. I can't get any before tomorrow, but I'm going to try calcium supplementation as soon as I can

@TOKABIGONE Here is the link to my actual light : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

just read the PH article lkike you recommended, i will get some PH up and Down too tomorrow

I'm going to add some pics on this post, if you see something alarming, please fell free to tell me
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Weebay; 07-14-2021, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Hey, so I checked the specs on your lights and found it is 130 watts true draw which is not enough for a productive flower. 300 watts true draw is what you want, not the false claim the manufacturers advertise. You'll get some but not near what is possible with proper lighting. I'm sure you already know that you need a taller tent but we work with what we got and budget allows. This is a fun and rewarding hobby and certainly not without challenges. Happy Growing!
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Wow, thanks a lot for the research. I will be upgrading the day I can change the tent.
                I would have never thought lighting could be a problem with such a tiny tent.

I finally found a place open today and had wonderful hints.
                He told me that plagron natural wasn't the best for coco, and It's why I clearly have CA deficiency.
                I bought fertilizer made for coco, so I should get better results now since there is CA and manganese in it.
                i Also got a drop ph tester, ph up and ph down. i'm fully equiped now =)

Thanks again for the guidance, I'll upgrade once i get to harvesting!

One last thing though, in your opinion, would it be worth it in the meantime, to add a 80 watt lamp like this one?
                Last edited by Weebay; 07-14-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

A simple rule of thumb when running current-technology white diode boards or strips is 120-watts will cover a 2x2 footprint in flower(which is about the size of the plants I grow).
                  Since QB style panels are pretty common and they typically run at approx. 125 watts, using a panel over each plant will crush it.
                  WHAT???
                  5x5 grow space

Comment

Hey not 100 but I think I see clawing check out the plant problems on the site for clawing or see if any one else does

Comment

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
                      A simple rule of thumb when running current-technology white diode boards or strips is 120-watts will cover a 2x2 footprint in flower(which is about the size of the plants I grow).
                      Since QB style panels are pretty common and they typically run at approx. 125 watts, using a panel over each plant will crush it.
                      If I follow you rule, my 130 Watt is enough for my setup?

Originally posted by Spog View Post
                      Hey not 100 but I think I see clawing check out the plant problems on the site for clawing or see if any one else does
                      I'm pretty sure you are right, I had clawing, just checked on it, it's gone. I think it disappeared when I got the light further away from the plant a week ago

Comment

Originally posted by Weebay View Post

If I follow you rule, my 130 Watt is enough for my setup?
                        Using power(watts) as a metric isn't universal.

Because there is a HUGE difference in the efficiency of white diodes vs. 'blurple' monochromatic diodes(as in over twice the light output for each watt of power used), that's why I used the qualifier 'current-tech diodes' in my original post.
                        I suspect that's an older style 'blurple' fixture you're using-because those diodes are not very efficient I would double the power density to achieve adequate light levels.
                        WHAT???
                        5x5 grow space

Comment

• Weebay
                          Weebay commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks a lot, i'm going to buy a second light.

Hey everyone,

I'm back =)

it's been a week or two and i adjusted my nutrient, made everything I could to put some space between my plant and the LED panel by low stress training.
                        I added the lamp I linked to put some lights on the bottom buds, I trimmed a lot of big leaves to allow more air / light distribution.

Sadly, I'm getting a lot of clawing and "burn marks" on one of my main branch

I suppose it's light burn, and I will not be able to do anything about it, but, could it be nutrient burn? Or anything else? I'm adding photos taken a minute ago

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210722_130701.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	526508Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210722_130705.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	526509I should be good on CA now, i have the right fertilizers.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's burnt, how much EC do you have? Rather excess calcium. Burned curls down, lack of cal-mag curls up.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X