Regarding Nugbuckets manifold training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Nugbuckets manifold training

Regarding Nugbuckets manifold, or mainline technique. How tall should the 6th node get before cutting it as stated in the post. Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.

The space between nodes depends on how close they are to the light. Maybe I dont really understand the question but here is my take. When i do the mainline technique i usually top above the 3rd node when the 5th or sixth node forms. The only reason you wait until the 6th node is because the plant has had time to mature enough to bounce back from topping quickly. The height of the node has no bearing on when to cut. Is there a 6th node clearly visible? If yes, top at 3rd node. If no wait until 6th node is visible then top. The main thing to make sure is that the plant is healthy before topping.
    Last edited by Tersky; 07-11-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with tersky. The only thing I’d add is that some genetics are lankier than others (usually sativa) so the height isn’t really a factor in when to top it is just the number of nodes. If all of your plants regardless of genetics have really spaced out nodes (leggy), as tersky said, your light is too far away or not strong enough.

Edit : if you just meant how big/well defined should the sixth node be before you snip, if the plant is healthy I do it when that node is still quite small. Sometimes I do it when just the fifth node is visible. Let the plant decide based on how well it is growing.
      Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 07-12-2021, 03:35 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

As others have mentioned, the plant structure will dictate when I top.
    I've found over the years that I get really good results topping at the 4th node and let the 3rd and 4th nodes grow out.
    I'll then top the tertiary branches on the 4th node again, so I'm left with 6 main tops.
    Tertiary branches from those 6 tops make a forest of buds.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X