Seeking input from VIPARSPECTRA P2000 users, regarding heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking input from VIPARSPECTRA P2000 users, regarding heat

This model is the best fit for my grow closet which is 5 x 2 x 8' high. VIPARSPECTRA Newest P2000 LED has 4x2ft flowering coverage, an oblong light fits better. Wondering about their low heat claims, or if anyone did a temp check with it running before loading their tent. (I could hang a smaller light sideways if I needed it at one end during flower.)

Also soil mix: Is Happy Frog not hot? I want to use it to make watering time less so I can devote more time to the plants during veg. Any other first-use suggestions? TY TY
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

I'm not familiar with the vipar but I use happy frog and it's a good all around soil that you can plant sprouts directly in it without worry. I always start feeding once my plant has 2 sets of multi fingered leaves, but you can wait a few weeks if you want the soil is rich enough to keep your plant happy for probably a month or so if you wanted
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I want to start seeds in peat pots or solo cups in a coco mix but when I transfer to pots I wanted to try something like this. I'm going to start vegging photos while my miniature autos finish. Do you think 4 inches high is close to a record for a NL auto that's done growing up?

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I saw the ones you're talking about on the show thread 🤣 I've grown some small ass plants in my time 4sure it happens. I'm struggling right now with some seeds I don't know if they were damaged in the move to the new house or I'm starting to think this damn house is cursed. I bet I threw away 20-30 seeds over the past month because they just wouldn't pop and I'm not new at this I've been popping seeds for over 35 years lol I've never had this kind of problem even the plants I did get growing are all going so slow I'm completely baffled.

I just switched back to a coco mix for my seeds since having problems, I like the way they start in it better. I have been lazy and just been using the frog in my solo cups until now. I think you have a good plan on doing the new veg in with the autos while they're finishing. I would keep all the new growing plants around the outside of the flowering plants or set lower because the strongest intensity of light is always in the very center under the light or being lower lowers the intensity

Sorry for the book I'm working on my second cup of mud lol good day sir

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      MeEasy Having a photographic type of memory, every time I 'picture' that plant I LOL. Really. It's a laugh or cry situation. Whenever someone 'Likes' that post I wonder why. Yes, I have a middle shelf underneath the open wire shelving, and plenty of floor space for seedlings. I should've made my handle Pugmother, I'm a girl, np. Thank you. I'm still laughing at that plant, going to have to search for short cannabis plant images, see where I stand.

Hi @Puglover1 you will get your answer here in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0h2xXdPCA

I only have one grow with it, Am I happy with it ?Absolutely !! As for the heat well it does generate more from what they claimed but it's from the driver.

With proper ventilation you should be ok.

Bonne chance madame..!!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck Merci, Monsieur! I just bought the Vipar XS2000 for $180 + tax. They have a $40 off coupon plus Grouchy's review link below has a workable code for another $20 off, and I used Discover card for 2/3 of the order for 5% cashback. Now I'll have 4 lights also, lol.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Puglover1 Purée !! Maintenant je suis jaloux de ton achat lollll The XS Series is in my bucket list . Good choice chère dame..!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck now is the time to buy. The coupon on the website plus the coupon code on grouchy's link made it $60 USD less than the website showed. I don't know how much more it would cost up north there. Or if you have any credit cards with cashback or travel points. I do those offers whenever I know I'm going to spend money rather unexpectedly and need the perk, like for big vet bills or car repairs. I'm still waiting for last year's storm damage repairs to be done, if I knew when and what for sure I could be buying outdoor stuff on sale now (metal pergola is half price) and use a cc cashback offer for the insurance deductible. It's not all lumber and materials that the carpenter would get perks for buying, and I'm tired of inferior expensive materials from big box stores. I finally found a 100' roll of 2"x4"x6' high welded wire fencing but he would have to make or have a business acct there. When I worked at a manufacturing company this supplier seemed to sell any/everything. I should get rewarded for sourcing or purchasing on this gig. I want to modify some things, prevent a third insurance claim & $1K deductible. My basement still needs an engineer, from after the storm. I need a vacation.

I have the Vipar XS 2000 with the Meanwell driver and it is cool enough to touch even at full throttle.

The light is deceptively powerful and the published PPFD seems to be accurate, over 1800 right in the center of the coverage. I just caused a Bruce Banner to hermie a bit after moving the light too close!

Your light seems like a good fit for that tent, 4'x2' is very realistic coverage.
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely go for the XS if you have the cash. Not bashing the P-series, you won't go wrong, but Vipar upped their game with the XS.
      Here's a cool review, watch then decide.

ViparSpectra XS 1500 independent grow light test by Dr MJ Coco. XS Series Review, Video, PAR map, PPF & PPFD, Efficiency, Hanging Height, Harvest Potential

PS, GrouchyOldTrix: if you "tease" Amz with an order in your cart, wait a few days, remove it, then check again, you may find a coupon code, or special offer deal. I got the XS 2000 for $215 playing that game.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's $200 before tax now with a coupon. Many of them have coupons right now. I'm a long-time Amazon deal shopper. Just got a new pet bed delivered yesterday for under $15, today it's $26. Ordered a new 'baby' gate last night, $19.99 which is a steal. One of mine has a crack on a plastic part on a hinge, they were bought from a neighbor's garage sale but they were very expensive new. I'm still waiting for last August's storm damage to be repaired here, I found a pergola replacement for half price because summer is half over. Now I have to look for cashback offers, I saw something on A if you use Discover points you can save $10 off of $50. I'm only able to afford this because of a sweepstakes, I won a bunch of $25 prepaid visa cards that I loaded onto my amazon balance. And paid my Comcast bill. I would rather spend the little extra $ on a light than keep 'upgrading'. Thanks!!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      grouchyoldman That link/review had a discount code that worked! I put YouTube on the bedroom TV at 5 am today, watched an autoflower video, their code didn't work. I just got it for $180 + tax = $194.80. I used Discover card for 2/3 of the order for 5% cashback. I'll do my creative financing with the visa gcs to pay Discover. So I saved $60, before the 5% cashback. I love finding deals! Anyone looking at grow lights should be shopping on A right now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X