LED Full Spectrum Lamp Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Full Spectrum Lamp Question

Hello all! I am a relatively new grower and have recently splurged on a X 600W Pro Photontek Full spectrum LED grow lamp. I was told that I could use this lamp for both vegetative and flowering stages of growth. My question is, is this true? If it is true, are there any modifications I need to make (ie add red spectrum lighting during flowering) or is the light good enough to do both stages just as it is? Someone told me that you can buy red spectrum LEDs and pop them into this lamp when you are flowering to increase yield. I hope someone can give me some advice on this as I have not been doing this long enough to know better. Thanks for any help you can provide!

That fixture will grow a full 4x4 and as much as a 5x5 footprint from seed to flower.
    Some will add 660nm to the spectrum during flower, but that fixture already has plenty of output in that range.
    Looks like a top-shelf fixture.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

gbauto,

Thanks for the info my friend. I was hoping I didn’t have to do any serious modifications and it sounds like this will work just fine for my needs. Thanks a lot for confirming my initial suspicions.

Best regards
      AH

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X