4x4 tent ventilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x4 tent ventilation

Is the 4inch inline vivison 190cmf set enough airflow for 4x4x80? 1 or 2 plants max.
    or spend the extra $ for the 6' 390cm.

It depends what you are looking for. The 190 CFM fan will change all the air in your tent twice in less than one minute.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Enough to not have issues with ventilation for 2 plants in a 4x4 tent.

Comment

I bought a 4" vivosun fan and it wasn't enough for my 2x4, I don't know if there was something wrong with it but I replaced it right away. Because it sat in my closet unused for a couple months I wasn't able to return it or I would have. This is the one I bought

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I got the 6" duct for a 5x5 tent and frankly I haven't turned it up past the absolute minimum setting since I started using it. Number one, it works just fine on the lowest setting and number two, it's very loud on anything above that. My grow is directly beneath my kitchen so it's pretty obvious something is happening down there when it's on max power

I'd say a 4" for a 4x4 tent would be more than adequate

Comment

Originally posted by User420111 View Post
            I got the 6" duct for a 5x5 tent and frankly I haven't turned it up past the absolute minimum setting since I started using it. Number one, it works just fine on the lowest setting and number two, it's very loud on anything above that. My grow is directly beneath my kitchen so it's pretty obvious something is happening down there when it's on max power

I'd say a 4" for a 4x4 tent would be more than adequate

Look at it this way (or at least I would) if you get the 4" and it's not enough you can get the 6" later and still have a 4" for a backup. That's smart business sense. Unless you're really hamstrung on a tight budget I always go for more and then use it to my advantage.

Comment

SpaceBound here's a link to a tutorial on ventilation for grow tents, it's from ac infinity I'm not trying to sell you the product the article is very informative. Imo a 4" system would be to small and you would be replacing it

Ventilation is a vital factor in your plant growth. By supplying fresh air from outside your grow tent, you provide CO2 for your plants, driving their photosynthesis. Expelling the air inside will keep temperature and moisture build-up under control, preventing mold and mildew from inhibiting growth. The following guide will show you how to set up your ventilation system.
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I have a 6” in my 4x4, wish I had a 8”. If you’re on the east Coast with easy coast humidity get the bigger fan. From what I can tell on here it’s not much of a issue in other regions
                Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-06-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
                  SpaceBound here's a link to a tutorial on ventilation for grow tents, it's from ac infinity I'm not trying to sell you the product the article is very informative. Imo a 4" system would be to small and you would be replacing it

https://www.acinfinity.com/pages/tec...ion-guide.html
                  I'm currently in Kansas City. Humidity here can be 20% in the morning, and 80% rh in afternoon. My current 44g trashcan tent sits between 50-60%.

Ty sir for the info. The 6" fan, with variable speed setting, and carbon filter is on sale at vivison. Think I'm gonna snatch that one. The AC stuff looks nice as hell, just more than my budget currently has. Looking at triple the amount of the vivison full kit, for just the fan.

For sure when I upgrade after a couple grows I'll look into that stuff.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don’t waste you money on the units with the temp/humidity control. I have two and neither work right

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like I said I wasn't trying to sell you anything I don't make anything from them I just think their explanation is easy understand so it would help you with your choice... good luck đź‘Ť

I have a 3x3x6 tent with 4" fan, and have NEVER had it to full power in over a year. I'm in Southeast USA

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It must be dry as hell inside your house then

I went with this. It doesn't have the temp/humidity control. Just low/med/high I believe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210706-141910_Chrome.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	378.6 KB
ID:	523845

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X